PDA

View Full Version : ZFF's CCPWM

GBudziak
06-26-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm beginning to get thouroughly confused about this pwm. ALTNRG.ORG is the web site that sells the board in which I thought was complete. Come to find out I didn't read far enough down the web page to see that there were some "off board" components.
So I got online & ordered the components on the list and not wanting to pack everything in such a small box I opted for a larger project box so I could mount my gages and the "off board" components to a Radio Shack project board.
My problem is that the diagram shows everything as far as I can tell but when I look at some of the you tube tutorials it's hard to tell what is going where. some of the hook ups are not described in the diagram ( current sensing wire from mosfet source to board). In one video it looks as if it has been soldered to the drain.
If there's anyone out there that can come up with a better visual representation than what I've seen on you tube I would greatly appreciate it.

G. Budziak

Rick R
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Hey G!

I'm new here as well! I'll give this a go for you.
We are talking about Zero's PWM-v2 right?
I do not really know of any videos to look at however,did you get the schematic at Zero's site? You can download it if you have not already.
It will show you the ENTIRE circuit, all you need to be concerned with is the mosfet connections and the "off control board" componets and the related wiring. I know it's tough to look at that and make any sense out of it if you are not familar with reading schematics. All it really takes is a basic understanding of what you are looking at and taking some time to get comfortable with it. I pretty sure you will be dealing with componets as follows: D1, C5,C7,R12( a 6" lenght of 14ga stranded wire) and of course your chosen power fet. Let me know if you could use anymore info.

FYI :If you look for "Ridealong"'s posts in this forum, he has come up with a really pretty simple CCPWM (actually two different ones) that can be built pretty easy if you spend some time getting used to the electronics understanding and the soldering thing.
also FYI:
On E-Bay I've seen 2 two of Zero,s CCPWM v2 sell for 49.99 coconuts each with 20.00 coconuts shipping, they were the 150 amp units complete and ready to roll. This has been within the last 2 months!

Good Luck!
Rick

GBudziak
06-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Hey G!

I'm new here as well! I'll give this a go for you.
We are talking about Zero's PWM-v2 right?
I do not really know of any videos to look at however,did you get the schematic at Zero's site? You can download it if you have not already.
It will show you the ENTIRE circuit, all you need to be concerned with is the mosfet connections and the "off control board" componets and the related wiring. I know it's tough to look at that and make any sense out of it if you are not familar with reading schematics. All it really takes is a basic understanding of what you are looking at and taking some time to get comfortable with it. I pretty sure you will be dealing with componets as follows: D1, C5,C7,R12( a 6" lenght of 14ga stranded wire) and of course your chosen power fet. Let me know if you could use anymore info.

FYI :If you look for "Ridealong"'s posts in this forum, he has come up with a really pretty simple CCPWM (actually two different ones) that can be built pretty easy if you spend some time getting used to the electronics understanding and the soldering thing.
also FYI:
On E-Bay I've seen 2 two of Zero,s CCPWM v2 sell for 49.99 coconuts each with 20.00 coconuts shipping, they were the 150 amp units complete and ready to roll. This has been within the last 2 months!

Good Luck!
Rick
Thanks Rick,
I'm learning & there are alot of reference sites online that have been very helpful. You Tube is a good source for video tutorials. I can read a schematic & probably takes me longer than a pro.
It's just that what I see on the you tube videos that ZFF has out there don't jibe with the schematic on the ALTNRG.org site where I purchased My assembled board (CCPWM v2.1). I just wish they had a text version of instructions that could walk you through the off board wiring.