PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm Spark Plugs

TurtleTom
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
This may be old news, but has anyone looked into Firestorm Spark Plugs? This guy Robert Kruppa seems to know what he is talking about. He has developed a new style of spark plug that increases efficiency, up to 40% higher MPG while lowering emissions. He has the patents but can't get any companies to manufacture them. probably if he is right because the plug would put other spark plug manufacturers out of business plus lower big oil profits.

TurtleTom
07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
For anyone interested in any up to date news on the Firestorm plug technology here is a link. There is a video and chat with Robert Kruppa that has some interesting information on the technology. Thanks.

http://tapwaterforgas.com/water-hybrids/hydrogen-geneeration-firestorm-spark-plug/

TurtleTom
07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Yes, but the principle of the technology sounds pretty good. What is being created is a very high voltage low amperage charge (plasma) from a high performance ignition system through a spark plug that sends multidirectional pulses into a combustion chamber much like a plasma ball that you can buy at Spencers. If the combustion chamber is flooded with this charge, instead of a single spark, the gas/air mixture should burn more efficiently.

TurtleTom
07-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes: The conventional spark plug wears out and if you look at the electrode it is rounded. I have seen this many times in my 53 years. But if you start with a rounded electrode, what do you get?

TurtleTom
07-02-2010, 10:10 PM
You need a spark plug with a rounded electrode with a ground not just in a J formation but in a cross or better formation and with 1.2 joules or more of energy from the high performance ignition system to mimic the plasma ball effect. This seems crazy I know, only if someone could try and replicate this technology that has the casting and manufacturing capabilities.

TurtleTom
07-06-2010, 12:41 AM
We keep going back and forth on this, but from what I have researched, as you know, it will be the ignition system, including the coil, EFIE and spark plugs that ultimately give more efficiency. Gasoline does not have an efficient enough burn in todays vehicles since the catalytic converter is supposed to take care of what is not consumed. There is still a lot of untapped energy in the octane molecule that is wasted. Plasma will definitely be a factor in the process to create an efficient burn in the future. 1.2 joules is the nominal energy point. It will probably be more than that.

I am still doing research and experimentation before I begin trying practical applications to the technology. My background is mostly analytical chemistry and medical technology for job security. I do not want to jump into a system and get my car or garage toasted yet. Good luck to you and what you are also working on.