PDA

View Full Version : Massive production

Stratous
06-06-2008, 10:21 PM
If you guys want to produce massive HHO try this for fun. In your container take some tin foil and line the walls with it. Attach your negative wire to the tin foil. add sodium hydroxide, water and electricity and bam. Your producing alot now. I did this by accident the other day while messing around with different designs. It was impressive to see how much it was producing. I wish i had a video camera. I had it in the standard plastic walmart container with the flip top lid. I had the lid fully open and enough hydrogen was being produced for the top of the water to catch on fire and stay lit. It was wicked to say the least.

Ronjinsan
06-07-2008, 05:05 PM
If you guys want to produce massive HHO try this for fun. In your container take some tin foil and line the walls with it. Attach your negative wire to the tin foil. add sodium hydroxide, water and electricity and bam. Your producing alot now. I did this by accident the other day while messing around with different designs. It was impressive to see how much it was producing. I wish i had a video camera. I had it in the standard plastic walmart container with the flip top lid. I had the lid fully open and enough hydrogen was being produced for the top of the water to catch on fire and stay lit. It was wicked to say the least.

I worry about you!:D where was your positive attached to? I have a cell with a similar setup...fine SS wire mesh around the outside with a ss tube up the middle,......SCARY production, dont know much else just finished it tonight, will let you know and maybe post a pic...:D:D

Stratous
06-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I used a 6" x 5/16" bolt with 10 ss washers seperated by a ss nut as my positive electrode. The aluminum foil was the negative electrode. The aluminum foil with the NaOH will produce alot of HHO just by itself, add the eletricity and you have an HHO producing monster. Its gonna get hot quick though because of the chemical reaction between the aluminum and the NaOH.

hooty
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
So, even if the life span is short lived due to heat, in theory I could take this tin ghirardelli chocolates container, insulate the outside after adding a grounding lug to it (and sealing it.), put a positive wire in there, a capture hose and have a heck of a production machine, if only for a very short period while it is heating up quickly. Hmmm... has me thinking and no I'm not going to be the first to try it on a whim. I'm only adding fuel to my own mental fires.

-Hooty

PS BTW, that would be a wicked Halloween effect, burning water! YES! :)

Boltazar
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
You Guys are starting to make me concerned

kirbysiville
07-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Didn't the tin foil deteriorate? If so then you ended the experiment with an exceptional mess?

kirbysiville
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Ronjinsan, Hi I'd been considering a similar design, will be interested to find out what your production rate is expected to be.

timetowinarace
07-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I've been collecting our used aluminum horseracing shoes this summer. Maybe tomarrow I'll play with them. Sounds like fun.

timetowinarace
07-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Okay, I played with them. Interesting results.

I put my water/lye solution in an old metal coffee can because I didn't know what to expect as far as heat melting a container. The solution was one I've kept lying around from my first experiments with a high consentration of lye. I connected my positive lead from my 15amp/100amp boost battery charger directly to the can. I clamped the negative lead to the aluminum horseshoe. The shoe produced a good amount of bubbles and I saw no bubbles comming from the can.

Then I reversed polarity, negative to the can, positive to the shoe. The only bubbles released I attribute to the chemical reaction it would have without current. In other words, it did nothing. No production. ??????????????

I used an additional shoe and made one + and one -. I dipped them in the solution and nothing happened.

It seems postively charged water will increase the chemical reaction of a negatively charged aluminum electrode. I'm a bit baffled as to why it will only work this way. Note that I never saw bubbles being produced on the positive side, as in, possibly there was no electrolysis taking place. Only the chemical reaction.

I did not get the violent reaction Stratous did, but the horse shoe is quite large compared with foil.

Stratous
07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
try it with aluminum foil as the electrode

AmosC
07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Has any tryed electromagnet on eather side of the H 2 O to produce the seperation of the H & O.

nadeem5476
07-27-2008, 12:28 PM
simply tell me how much increase in MPG ?
:)