PDA

View Full Version : Trisodium Phosphate

Autowrench
07-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello, all, been doing a lot of experimenting of late, and hit on
Trisodium Phosphate, i got some, liquid form at a local hardware store. The brand name is Savogran TSP Substitute.
Just a splash, enough to cover completely the bottom of the jar, and it produces quite well indeed. It does have a smell, but it is not unpleasant and does not burn the eyes like some electrolytes do. Also, it doesn't seem to cling to the wires or cause any build-up at all on them. TSP does lose it's quality after a week or so, but at $4 a bottle and over 45 mpg, it's well worth the price.

apogee
08-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Trisodium Phosphate, i got some, liquid form at a local hardware store. The brand name is Savogran TSP Substitute

Good idea on using TSP, however poor choice of picking TSP Substitute! TSP Substitute is mainly composed of sodium carbonate and some detergents, which is probably why it doesn't last long for you.

Pure TSP is usually right beside the TSP Substitute. I just purchased some from a brand called Recochem at Lowes' (2 pounds of powder for $5.50).

Unfortunately I'm still very new at this and don't really have a good plate stack set up for testing.