PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero 3L V6

jbalat
07-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi I have a Pajero V6 3L Petrol and I have also been trying to get some savings for ages.

I have no problem leaning the engine since I can run with the O2 unplugged and I have a small computer (parallax propellor) I can program to change the MAF pulse. I have an LC-1 wideband sensor and display unit installed so I can monitor my AFR, I also have an EGT to make sure temperature is safe. I have not played with timing yet but since have had no savings whatsoever I dont think anything I do on the electronics side will have any effect at this stage. I have even programmed the LC-1 to simulate a narrowband signal at 16.7 AFR and still nothing even though the car seems to have plenty of go..

I have only been running my unit up to 18 amps (using NaOH) and I estimate 1.5LPM at best with my Dry Cell 3 cells @ 6 plates each..

Going by some posts on this forum I should be pumping out at least 2.5LPM for my size engine ?

I am also thinking the compression ratio on my car is 8.5 which is fairly low, do you think this plays some role ?

astrocady
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
If you are truley introducing 1.5 lpm of HHO, and you an EFIE or similar device to treat the O2 signal going to the computer, you should see some results.

Is your car OBD I or OBD II ?

jbalat
08-18-2010, 05:50 AM
I must admit I havent measured the Output of the cell, I am only estimating but I get your point..

As for my ecu, Its kind of inbetween. Its MUTII