PDA

View Full Version : Where to hook into MAP and O2

brotherdoc
07-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Ok , so I bought this control box
http://stores.homestead.com/hydrogengarage/Detail.bok?no=42
and have it soldered together. I have a 3 wire O2 sensor on my manifold and I know that I splice one of the pots into the wire that sends the voltage back to the ECU... in series right?

What I'm not really sure about is where to splice into the MAP sensor at. And I'm still not sure what it's going to do to manipulate the MAP voltage.

Omega
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Can the manufacturer offer some help?

You want to tap into the wire that runs to the car's computer. If you have a shop manual, it will tell you the color code of the wire you are looking for.

You might want to re-run this question in the General Discussion or Q&A sections; they get more traffic, it seems.

wernbfe
08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Hello i am new to this forum, The map sensor and o2 sensors that have 3 wires. one will be ground, one is either 5 or 12 volts going into the sensor and the other is the return line. Usually the wire with less voltage on it is your return line. You can use a multimeter on your map sensor while the car is running and pull the throttle. you will see a change in the voltage. that is the line you want to use. Same for the o2 sensor.

Hope what I said makes sense?

pointman
08-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok , so I bought this control box
http://stores.homestead.com/hydrogengarage/Detail.bok?no=42
and have it soldered together. I have a 3 wire O2 sensor on my manifold and I know that I splice one of the pots into the wire that sends the voltage back to the ECU... in series right?

What I'm not really sure about is where to splice into the MAP sensor at. And I'm still not sure what it's going to do to manipulate the MAP voltage.

Not sure about using a pot for the O2 sensing, but an EFIE card is inserted in series with the O2 signal wire(cut the wire but do it before the sensor connecter to avoid steel wire) Soder your connections. The other 2 wires are a ground and +12v for the heater. If not sure which one use a volt meter and look for the fluctioning voltage when engine is running. Thats the signal wire than. There will be around .5 to 2 volts.

MAP sensor enhancer is hooked up the same way. There will be 3 wires as well.
Those are pot{s} are in a box. Look for that varing voltage also. Hope this helps.