PDA

View Full Version : Using Bolts Instead of the Tower/Wire Configuration

Autowrench
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Hello all, I am a little new to this, but have had the Mason Jar Reactor
http://www.greentechexpress.com/v/vspfiles/photos/DLXK001-2T.jpg on my van for awhile now. I have learned a few things in the process, as I am sure we all do. I left mine in the "on" position for two hours and the acrylic tower twisted into a nice twisty shape. So I ordered a new one from here:
http://www.greentechexpress.com/product-p/nplx001.htm
http://www.greentechexpress.com/v/vspfiles/photos/NPLX001-2T.jpg

A trip of 246 miles showed that the new tower had shattered. I do not know if this was due to poor workmanship or product, excessive heat in the reactor, or what, but when I took the tower/wire out, the tower came apart into several pieces, and even the pieces showed cracks. Dilemma!

Here is what I did. I got two 3/8 stainless steel bolts with one inch of thread on the end, and replaced the original short bolts with the longer ones, they reach to within 1/2 inch of the jar bottom. I use a solution of Trisodium phosphate, less than one ml., and a very small amount of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. Production was OK, but not outstanding. So again I took the unit apart and took the original SS wires, attached the wire to the bolt at the top, and wound the wore around the bolt to the bottom. The negative wire went all the way, but the positive wire took more space, and I had to cut off about nine inches off the end. The bolts tended to stick outward, so I took a nylon tie wrap and bound them into alignment, straight with the jar.

Production is better than before, and even if left on the unit does not sustain damage. The unit runs cooler now, and gas production is up by 15-20%.

We are ordering some new reactors very soon, and are building a "six-pack" set-up in the rear of our van, in a wood box affair I am building, with a roll out tray for the jars. I don't like the idea of a very long vacuum line, but with a van, space under the hood is limited. This configuration will give easy access.

lhazleton
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Not to burst your bubble, but don't waste your money.
Lots of us started with the 'Mason jar' stuff. It's a good way to begin learning about HHO production, but that's all. They're inefficient crap. The amount of hydroxy they produce is much less than the energy wasted.
Do yourself a favor: Do more research and then build a drycell reactor that will actually give results. I hate seeing people throwing away good money.
If you still want to use the Mason jar, build one from scratch. All the parts cost under $15.
Also, you don't hook up HHO to a vacuum although I'm sure it says to in the wonderful directions. If you have even basic knowledge about an ICE, you'll know that vacuum is created during deceleration, braking and idle, all the times when you don't need to add anything. Kinda like flushing and then peeing - doesn't make sense.
You said that production went up 15 - 20%. How are you measuring the output? I've never seen that design be able to put out more than 100MLPM. Your van, I'm guessing, is at least 4 liters. You'll need to produce at least 2 LPM (2,000MLPM) at 25 amps or less.
Believe me, I'm not picking on you. I just want to save you lots of money and aggravation. I just checked out the website you posted. Bunch of thieves! $60 for a kit you can buy for $15 max. A dollar per teaspoon of their crummy 'electrolyte' powder (KOH is the best to use & costs about $2 per POUND). $149 for a 'flash chip'. It's made by VOLO, and you can buy one from them for $89.95.
Do research and don't be taken by the scum that are trying to make money off this technology. I started years ago with the same Mason Jar setup that you have. Trust me.

lhazleton
08-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Ben,
Did you check out the website? Those guys are the kind of scumbags that ruin it for newbs. Making lots of money off of unsuspecting folks.:mad:
Maybe we could get them to market our Flux Capacitors, huh?

Autowrench
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Hello, lhazleton, you speak from a position of knowledge, so please, enlighten this poor garage mechanic with how to do this? The jar does in fact work as promised on my TPI 350 V-8 4300 pound van, but not like I would love it to! I would really love to get 70 mpg, but these dry cells cost a great deal of money to buy, and even plans are high, so us poor people are stuck with what we have, I guess. My van, super tuned, was getting 18 mpg on a good day, and eating us alive. With the little jar we are now getting over 35 mpg on the same brand of gas. I know the HHO is not a fuel, but is more like a fuel enhancer, which makes the gasoline a lot more efficient. And I am saving over $100 a month. Show me a better way for less than $150.00, and I am all ears.

lhazleton
08-16-2010, 07:40 PM
OK, you've doubled you mileage by using a Mason Jar setup hooked up to a vacuum.
Anyone else with a 5.7L would need at least 2.85 liters per minute just to get 20% improvement or so.
Sweet

myoldyourgold
08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
The holy grail is really a mason jar that will make your car get double mileage. What Can I say throw the books out, the hours searching the internet and the forums. Just go to the local thrift store and buy a 10 cent mason jar and double your mileage. I do not thinks so. Please be careful with those time bombs be cause even though the lids might blow off first the one time it doesn't and someone gets hurt your in a lot of trouble. The bang is bad enough but glass in someones eye that is worse.

Just do a search on this forum and you will find many great designs to build yourself or buy one from someone here that knows what he is doing and not just selling snake oil. Your gains are just not believable.:eek:

cabrera
08-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Ben,
Did you check out the website? Those guys are the kind of scumbags that ruin it for newbs. Making lots of money off of unsuspecting folks.:mad:
Maybe we could get them to market our Flux Capacitors, huh?

We have them REALLY!

http://72.35.72.219/~library/26171/stuff/pwmbpix.jpg

I be right back, I'm going to see Doc Brown!

lhazleton
08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks Andy. If I'm not mistaken, you have a photo of just the capacitor, don't you? If so, please post it. I was looking for it a while back & forgot who had it.
Also, you're using the 15 amp limiting ring connectors with that, right?

cabrera
08-16-2010, 08:51 PM
You want plans...Here:
http://72.35.72.219/~library/26171/HHO CALC_files/Dry cell ELECTRODE 6 inch plate.zip
Stack em
-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-
Free, gratis, no charge!
Get building!

cabrera
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks Andy. If I'm not mistaken, you have a photo of just the capacitor, don't you? If so, please post it. I was looking for it a while back & forgot who had it.
Also, you're using the 15 amp limiting ring connectors with that, right?

Here you go Lee, I just got back from November 5th 1955...Doc says hi!:D

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/lexxorcist/flux_capacitor.jpg

lhazleton
08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Andy,
Nice plans for a 6x6. Did you use them? I'm just curious, 'cuz the e/lyte hole is centered in the drawings.

H2OPWR
08-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Hello, lhazleton, you speak from a position of knowledge, so please, enlighten this poor garage mechanic with how to do this? The jar does in fact work as promised on my TPI 350 V-8 4300 pound van, but not like I would love it to! I would really love to get 70 mpg, but these dry cells cost a great deal of money to buy, and even plans are high, so us poor people are stuck with what we have, I guess. My van, super tuned, was getting 18 mpg on a good day, and eating us alive. With the little jar we are now getting over 35 mpg on the same brand of gas. I know the HHO is not a fuel, but is more like a fuel enhancer, which makes the gasoline a lot more efficient. And I am saving over $100 a month. Show me a better way for less than $150.00, and I am all ears.

Please, I know that you want to impress folks here and I appreciate that. I would love to impress someone as well. SH*T, I would even love to impress my wife but even she does not beleive 4 inches is the same as a foot.

All BS kidding aside and I am sorry for the length joke but that is exactly the same as a 100% improvement im MPG with a mason jar and a couple of bolts. Improvements are difficult to come by even for the best here.

If you had only spent just a few hours reading threads before you made your post you would realize just how foolish this post was. We have all been there abd done that thanks to one of the biggest and richest scammers of all time. His name is Ozzy Freedom. Just google him before you reply. At one time his bunch was getting over $500.00 for your so called six pack design. I will admit it. I once bought his plans and the Hydrostar plans as well.

Please start over and do some research here. Then get to work and spend your money wisely. You can make a decent device for your $150.00 then the work starts. After spending some time admiring your work and bench testing it you can start trying to get your ECU to accept HHO boosting.

Damn you Lee. Your post on the Underground made me read this thread. Otherwise I would have overlooked it and went to sleep with 6 less beers still beleiving 4" was a foot.

Larry

myoldyourgold
08-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Larry, you have to be careful Lee has the ability to make that foot four inches or even less. LOL A mason jar wont help either.

cabrera
08-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Andy,
Nice plans for a 6x6. Did you use them? I'm just curious, 'cuz the e/lyte hole is centered in the drawings.

I also made a 4x4 design then decided on the best course of action would be dual hole design

cabrera
08-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Andy,

I also made a 4x4 design then decided on the best course of action would be a 4x7 dual hole design

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1625&stc=1&d=1282046593

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1626&stc=1&d=1282046593

astrocady
08-17-2010, 09:05 AM
My car is seeing an honest 44% increase in MPG. When I first put an HHO system on, back in November, I only saw a 4% increase, and that was with a comercial dry cell system. Lost of reading later, I rebuilt the cells the way they should have been in the first place, switched to the right electrolyte, and was seeing a 15% gain. Then cam totally redesigned cells that would actually handle the amperage required to produce the amount of HHO my engine needed -- a few tweeks here and there, some updated electronics, and I'm now at 44% --- and I think I still have a few more % to squeze out of her.

The point is, it's not easy. There are so many scam artest out there selling junk -- and/or propogating false information -- that it takes most of us a lot of time, effort and money to get where we want to be. Some of us try to pass on our learned knowledge, either through forums like this or by building and sell systems our self (or both), but we are still battling the scam artest at every step

lhazleton
08-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Damn you Lee. Your post on the Underground made me read this thread. Otherwise I would have overlooked it and went to sleep with 6 less beers still beleiving 4" was a foot.

Larry

Sorry Larry, but I knew everyone would like to jump into this bull$hit thread. After all, since Richard disappeared, we haven't had much fun with douchebags.
I'm leaving for a 2 and a half week vacation, so you can get some rest until Sept. 7th.;)

lhazleton
08-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Look if that "Jar" system is that great, I never got one to reverse engineer, I would buy one just to do it now and reverse engineer it to reveal the secret and share it here.
Ben,
If you want one to reverse engineer, I'll build one and send it to you. They only take about an hour to assemble from scratch. It's a jar with a plastic lid(that'll melt & leak), an X plexiglass 'tower', stainless wire, 2 bolts for wiring, a plastic elbow (gas port) and, believe it or not, a little aquarium stone hooked up to a tube running to a valve that allows you to adjust the amount of outside air entering the reactor(if you want to call it that). It's pretty cool. You hook it up to a vacuum source and as it draws from the jar, bubbles come from the stone and it makes it look similar to one of our real reactors if it was producing like $hit.

rcflyn
08-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Do tell us MORE...
I want one dem dar milage doublers...

HHOJeeper
08-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Dear GJP (Glass Jar People),

If you want cheap, simple and easy to come by at a store local to your place of experimentation;

1. Go to Home Depot (Lowes wont work)
2. Buy 4 11/16" square conduit covers for $1 ea.
3. Buy some hose elbows
4. Buy $4 worth of tubing
5. Pick up a small piece of acrylic sheet
6. If you cannot figure out how to build the simple and basic dry cell with those directions then return everything and stop making the rest of us look bad.

Sincerly,

Someone wanting greater financial freedom and independence for the old outdated energy sources.:cool: