PDA

View Full Version : Voltage drop ist normal?

jazmie
07-30-2008, 01:58 AM
hi bro,

for trial i use adjustable power supply.first i set 12VDC.and use salt.after connect to my generator the voltage drop to 3-5VDC and current that time 2A,ist normal or maybe got prob in my process?
i worry if like this i connect to my car that mean my car power become drop and disturb my system car?

tq

parkerbuckhunter
07-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Kind of sounds like your power supply isnt large enough to handle the load. What is the max amp output on your power supply? I would try using a car battery with your meter inline and see what your initial amp draw is. I am pretty sure most power supplies will drop down voltage in an overcurrent state. This is all just assumptions though. I use a deep cell battery out of my boat and put my battery charger on that to test my cells.

jazmie
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
my max current 3A,one more if it use big current like 20A then if plug into car mean use about P=IV P=10 x 12 =120W,ist our car battery can support our other car system?

parkerbuckhunter
07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
lets say you have a 650 amp battery @ 12 volts you are putting out a possible total of 7800 watts. say your altenator is putting out 100 amps to charge your battery. that would be 1200 watts. 120 watts on your car shouldn't be a problem if your battery is in good condition. Unless you have a pretty large dc power supply I dont think they have enough amperage rating to run a hho cell that produces a large amount of gas. Just my 2 cents

jazmie
07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
yaya.....i think its true.....tq bro