PDA

View Full Version : Build Plans For A 1998 Jeep Cherokee

dkongkill
08-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey guys im pretty new to the whole hydrogen cell thing but im totally into it. I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport that has an inline 6 engine 4.0L and i was wondering if anyone has built a cell for this vehicle. If anyone has it would be totally awesome if i can get in detail how to built the best Dry Cell for my car if anyone has pictures or in depth plans of their cells that would be great cause like i said im pretty new at this and just need a solid working cell.

Thanks

dg2010
09-26-2010, 05:40 AM
building a cell for a specific car or truck is not the issue at times. It's the space where to put it, having said that my new cell will fit in any car or truck. Plates are 3" X 5.5" using a gasket found at Lowes (got tired with vendors not coming through with material on time) in the plumbing department.

You should take several photos where you think you want the system, because most system (in my opinion all the components should be orientated close together) and the HHO should not travel far to go back to the resevoir and finally to the bubbler.

Look at the photo attached, this system feeds a 3.5 honda V-6 plenty at 18 amps.

I agree in principle but it is not always possible - more so I guess with European cars. On my Mitsi Pajero I can fit the cell low down on the front grill, but the rest has to be fitted in the engine bay.

I did try and experiment of hanging the reservoir directly over the cell and there was no difference in the output. What I have found to be more important is the relative head of electrolyte to encourage good circulation.

jbalat
10-15-2010, 07:45 AM
David did you say you had a Pajero ??

I have been looking for someone who has had positive results on a 3.0L V6

The best savings I could get was around 13% and it was not repeatable.

Are you getting any savings ?

Just wondering what sort of LPM you need and I would imagine the 4L engine in the jeep would need more.

dg2010
10-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi

Mine is the 2.8 TD so probably not much help to you. I have seen a little gain in the mpg, but more strikingly the performance has increased. Still driving in my usual fashion, ie. not flooring it everywhere. I am coming to the end of my tank fill so will see what the results when I refill.