PDA

View Full Version : PWM Constant Voltage

forumsKDC
10-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Hello,

1. Do all PWM's have the feature of "Current Limiting"?
2. Does a PWM also keep a constant voltage?
3. If the input voltage to the PWM swings between 12.5 volts and 13 because of the 35 amp cell load, is the vehicle voltage regulator bad, or just doing it's job?
4. If the PWM does not maintain a constant voltage, then wouldn't this cause a change in the HHO production rate, even though the current is stable?
5. When the voltage on the vehicle drops, the current draw on the cell goes up drastically and blows the fuse.

Your comments would greatly be appreciated!

Have a great Day!

H2GenerationX
01-29-2011, 07:54 AM
From what I understand, most PWM's only partially control amperage. I have a 35amp PWM with a duty cycle & freq. knob. If my mix is too rich, the highly conductive water/electrolyte mix will draw alot of current, thus lowering the voltage. So if you were to turn the duty cycle up further to compensate, it will only compound the problem. This being said, I have found that fine tuning needs to be done by finding out what electrolye/water ratio is right for your hydrolyzer. This also has to be determined by current draw when the cell is at its peak (hottest). It takes a while, but when you get it right, the current draw will only get so high at any given time.

My set up pulls about 10 amps upon startup, within 25-30 minutes i'm up to 15 amps at 14volts. Pwm could be turned down, but it could very well go back up to 15 amps. I hope this helped and wasnt just a bunch of pointless rambling. GOOD LUCK!!