PDA

View Full Version : HHO Engine

HHOTest
11-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Okay so on the internet and on this website they say that to run a 5 hp motor would take 500-1000 LPH which equals around 15-20 LPM. Also they say that a normal engine will not run correctly do to the timing needed to be delayed so it causes blow back . Well i have a 5 hp engine and i have a friend that can delay the timing and a hho cell that can make 20-25 LPM . i haven't delayed my engine yet because im trying to figure everything out on paper before i miss with the engine . so the question is will it work and well are my mistakes ? Please get back to me ASAP thank you

Roland Jacques
11-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Id like to know how you plan to do change the timing also.
I have heard they make crankshaft extension (thingies) that are keyed differently for different timings. I here that Go-karts racers use them but most of them just advance timing. i guess you could machine one.

To answer your question. Yes, you should not have any problem running your 5hp on 15-25 LPM of HHO.

You can probably run it on a good bit less if you go direct to the intake and restrict fresh air. If you want try that you need to take some extra precautions.