PDA

View Full Version : yet another ICE breaker........

slickrampage83
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
hello and advance thanks to all....... i just registered today on the advice of another member here in graham,north carolina,usa.. a quick intro,,,,im in my forties,been hashing it out for 25 years in the truck and auto industry... after some fun but mostly frustration,,, it is time to pursue other things... so here i am :) ,,, im definitely stoked about learning from the ground up,even tho my mathmatical skills probably rank somewhere in the pitiful category.. the good news is that i have spent the past 6 years gearing up for something like this,,,,my "garage" does,,,um,,, NOT look like most peoples......so now that the shops square,,,,,time to git to work..... ive got the guinea pig lined up... 1983 dodge rampage,,a.k.a my "sled" and "other child"... the engine stands out and rarin' to go.. the truck will NOT be getting back the stock or ANY 2.2 litre,,,, nor another mitsu 3.0L v6..... I'm thing mercruiser 3.7 (no its not a typo) great power,very small package... id love to do FULL hydrogen if its possible. check this out..the trucks bed is already galvy steel from the factory...and i rhino lined it,,, id like to make great use of that..... but safety is paramount...... ive been told that the engine you select MUST have EFI (throttle body ok?)...Ive also had the idea of (this gets interesting) swapping out the rear axle of an all-wheel-drive caravan to propel a truck alternator.....but thats another story.... to wrap it all up,, i wont be doing any experimental/small scale builds...... theres ONE shot at this and I want it to be right from the start. so i need any advice for people who love to think extremely outside the box in terms of cell size,,,, its a FIVE FOOT TRUCK BED,,,,,again,,,, thanks to all....im looking forward to this build....