PDA

View Full Version : Flash Steam boiler

waterboy
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone is using hho systems for steam generation. I have seen some videos on youtube on how little watts can give you a decent size flame. I wanted to know if anyone has built a flash monotube boiler to see if it more efficient to run an hho system in steam generation rather than trying to inject it into the ICE.

Roland Jacques
12-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone is using hho systems for steam generation. I have seen some videos on youtube on how little watts can give you a decent size flame. I wanted to know if anyone has built a flash monotube boiler to see if it more efficient to run an hho system in steam generation rather than trying to inject it into the ICE.

What is a flash monotube boiler? Link to the video would be nice.

waterboy
12-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Hello.
a flash boiler was used by doble to perfect his steam car in the early 1900"s. It basically created steam quickly in a tube that contained narrow pipe. This heated the water quickly. His system ran on a kerosene flame. I don.t see why an hho flame cant be used with a drip meter attached to keep a constant psi. there is very little information found on sream turbines and flash boilers. I am sure there is a reason for that. I have been tryibg to find a design for an efficient hho torch but the sellers could not provide me with any details on watts used. If ayone knows of a good torch design id be willing to experiment with it. Apologies for the typos. Typing on a tpuchscreen.

waterboy
12-18-2010, 05:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_boiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBftP9pBvWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKznLOcJzNI&feature=related

The first describes the flash boiler. The next two I saw on youtube of lower watt torches.

rpatten
01-09-2011, 05:30 AM
march labs do a jewllers torch on ebay that runs on hho.
I liked this idea myself and have been running along the same lines.
I'm glad that more people are thinking outside the box of I'll get my car to use less fuel.
I looked into this myself as all power stations use steam turbines to generate electricity as they are so efficient. may it be nuclear or fossil burning.
The trouble I found is there is little simple straight forward information out there, No small steam turbines on the market (although I found one from Sweden that's being developed called the green turbine but it's well off being saleable.) The idea is good as hydrogen has such a high calorific value, way way above any fossil fuel.
I'll check out this steam boiler your talking about as I couldn't find it when I was looking. PM me maybe we could get together and design something.

rpatten
01-09-2011, 05:32 AM
there's no diagram of one!!!!!!!!!

waterbugs
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
I got an idea. But it might use up alot of hho, I don't really know how to make a steam generator but I have thought of it . If you have an idea how to make a steam generator with hho , you can use a air tool and hook that up to an alternator or a small electric generator to generate electricity, Hopefully you will get more power back than how much you use to generate it. Good luck please show your results with video.

hg2
01-14-2011, 03:08 PM
I got an idea. But it might use up alot of hho, I don't really know how to make a steam generator but I have thought of it . If you have an idea how to make a steam generator with hho , you can use a air tool and hook that up to an alternator or a small electric generator to generate electricity, Hopefully you will get more power back than how much you use to generate it. Good luck please show your results with video.

What you're proposing is a great idea,but unfortunately no one to date has achieved "over-unity"In other words you can't get back more than you put in.

waterbugs
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
yes it can be achieve but spraying water into the cylinder around a 1/4 way down on the vacuum stroke right after ignition. This will help turn water into steam and push the pistons. but this is another concept. This is how the car the run on completely water works. That mean we can get free energy from water if we use this concept on a generator. This is the only way to do it because it will require too much hho to run you car completely on hho and still have enough energy to produce more hho to run your car.