PDA

View Full Version : 06 GMC 5.3L 4x4

msetfre
12-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum and seriously looking for advise from the experienced on this subject. Here are my specs:

Stock AOD trans., engine, exhaust, tires, and chip 80K miles on truck.

Modifications:
-Tru-flow cold air intake installed @ 30K miles

-Condensator installed @ 25K miles (purpose is to separate all the emissions after the PCV valve and collect them, returning only air fuel mixture back into the engine. Keeps the engine from choking on its own emissions) Works well.

-MPG-CAPS- A fuel catalyst, been using since 26K miles

-Shaefer's full synthetic 5W-30 oil (friction reducing metal treatment formulated in the oil) Soon to change all the running gear with this oil. Began using @ 40K miles.

Presently my city mileage is 16-18mpg/ hwy mileage is 19-22ish, depending on conditions. Hwy speeds are 70-80.

This is what I think I know. Please for the seriously experienced, correct my misunderstandings. Unless I get an EFIE, I won't see any more increase in mileage. To get serious mileage I need at least 1 liter of HHO per liter of engine displacement...so my system would need at least 5 liters to see any improvement of say 25-50%.

Now I get foggy on PWM's and EFIE's. Are they something I install and it fixes the problem or are they something that I need to customize my adjustments? If I need customize my own adjustments, I probably know enough to be dangerous here.

I realize that my stock chip, has to go. I am planning on acquiring a custom tune from Black Bear Performance tailored to my driving habits.

Please, I am open to any and all sound suggestions from the experienced.
Thank you.

xXToteXx
12-19-2010, 05:24 PM
EFIE: Electronic Fuel Injector Enhancer.

The EFIE basically sends a signal to the computer of your vehicle telling it that the o2 sensor is reading rich and to lean out the gas the fuel injectors put out.

(To my understanding, the ideal reading sent back to a computer from an o2 sensor is .45v or 450mV.)

The EFIE I'm looking at has several stopping points in the knob and each stopping point is +.050v or 50mV. So I turn it up one and it tells the computer 500. Two, it tells the computer 550, etc. It's my understanding that there are EFIE's out now that go up high enough to send a signal so strong to the computer that it leans out the gas to the point of stalling.

The EFIE is absolutely critical to have in my opinion because without it, the o2 sensor picks up the additional oxygen coming in from the HHO cell, and returns a lower voltage, lets say 350mV to the computer because of the additional oxygen coming through. Without the EFIE in place to "correct" the o2 sensor, the computer will assume the engine is running lean, and therefore tell the injectors to put MORE gas into the combustion chamber, hense, not only NOT improving gas mileage, but maybe even making it worse(?). I think this is why you see alot of these kids opening up sites claiming HHO is a fraud because they don't understand what the o2 sensor is telling the computer and how simply it can be corrected with an EFIE. Once the engines computer is "corrected" and leans out the gas, the new incoming gas (hydrogen) actually can be efficient and improve gas mileage, while ignoring the extra oxygen coming through via the EFIE.

The PWM (Pulse Width Modulator):

Again to my understanding, this is just something that allows you to control the amp flow to your WFC (Water Fuel Cell). Using a cell with electrolyte will pull a different amount of amps when cold as it will when it is hot. The PWM gives you control over how many amps you're going to send to it, (versus just hooking it straight up to a battery or alternator or any other method and just letting it eat...) So, as the cell heats up, you still have the limiter at your access and also consequently have control over the heat aspect of the cell as well. Hope that helps.

-Tote

Bhart
12-20-2010, 06:26 AM
This is what I think I know. Please for the seriously experienced, correct my misunderstandings. Unless I get an EFIE, I won't see any more increase in mileage. To get serious mileage I need at least 1 liter of HHO per liter of engine displacement...so my system would need at least 5 liters to see any improvement of say 25-50%.

You will need 1/4 to 1/2 liter of HHO to each liter size of engine. Not one to one. You will need to produce 2+ liters of HHO.