PDA

View Full Version : new plate material ?

bullheads101
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
I used to work in the nuclear industry so there is SS every were, however there was amongst other metals a metal that i loved which was inconel Now i know that it was used for it's properties in high heat resistance.This was inconlel 690 which is lower in cobalt.Inconel 625 however is higher in chromium and nickel.Higher chemical resistance.Just curious as to thoughts on how these would work as plates in a dry cell ?I have some i also have access to a water jet cutter.Which is pretty much the only way to cut this stuff.

Thebauerguy
12-20-2010, 09:00 PM
I am of the understanding that during electrolysis chromium leaches and becomes hexavalent chromium (cr6?). I was thinking about c71500 copper/nickel 70/30 blend which is very corrosion resistant and has less electrical resistance than ss 304 + 316l. C71500 also would be easier to machine. I would love your input on my idea.

Bill_rouit
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi guys,
I am new at this forum, and i am reading it over and over again, and I haven't seen anywhere any reference to mmo coated titanium plates. Some sites advertise it very much, cause it doesnt melt. Also, produce more HHO than ss.
What about it?

Bill_rouit
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
If you consider that the titanium plates are twice efficient than ss, i think it worth it. also, the heat is less. I think that you are wrong about the price, its not that expencive.
Actually, i reffered to titanium, because i wanna use it and i have some questions, i don't know if you can help:
I've read that you need mmo coated titanium only for the anode, and you can use bare titanium for cathode? any clue?

Bill_rouit
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
By d way, bare titanium costs almost the same with ss, cut in the same shape, and coated titanium is maybe 5 times more expencive.

jvthundercat
03-27-2011, 06:49 AM
It is only a matter of deduction to get the combination of metals.
First, did anyone even look up the conductivity of anything? Stainless? Really? And they wonder why it takes so much juice and hard to control heat.

Titanium is not much better.

Corrosion. Copper or Silver on it's own is not good. :eek:
Gold. Well, it's getting pretty pricey to say the least.
Nickle. Figure it out.

Also, some of the hardware store wiring that I see :rolleyes:
There are charts to configure conductive loads for wires guys and gals.
Crimp wires? Really? No solder? Really?

Kromb-Tech
04-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey Folks,

Has anyone ever tried Electrical Steel before? According to 'wiki' it has silicone in it and has a silicon texture to it compared to regular steel.

You'd think it was aluminum until you put a magnet to it. WOW!

Us electricians use it in most applications in the industry. You can buy a set of "Madison Straps" at any electricians supply house in the USA for 40 cents. Pretty Cheap I would say. And they're in the shape of an "F" already so all you'd have to do is snip and crimp each plate as to what shape or configuration you want to make of it.

It doesn't feel like steel at all. I wonder if it's as NONcorrosive as stainless?

My first instict for an HHO generator is to go into the copper coil realm and try out different tube designs before I get into plates. "Yeah, I'm a newbie but I know electrtix." I think I'll make that my quote.

Paul