PDA

View Full Version : New guy...

SoCalZX2
06-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok I've been doing a lot of reading here and I'm just trying to grasp the concept.

I drive a 2003 Ford ZX2 5spd. It's 2.0l 4cyl that I get 33mpg with currently. I live in San Diego and regular gas is 4.40/gal as of yesterday.

Doing some reading, it seems you guys "certify" for lack of a better term, the systems on ebay. I'm assuming the systesm from like Water 4 gas, or is it any of them? Ebay HHO Kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Water4Gas-COMPLETE-HHO-KIT-EVERYTHING-NEEDED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ011QQit emZ320257949293QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) for exampe?

Do you really (since you guys have been working with these systems for awhile now) feel that this would show any real gains in MPG for me?

On top of the system, it appears you need to trick the ECU into leaning out the mixture with other electronics attached to the o2 sensor to see the best gains (since most of you seem to advocate using the intake after MAF setup).

What is entailed with the tricking of the o2 sensor? It doesn't appear that the building and installation of the system should be that hard. I'm just trying to make a judgment on purchasing a system and seeing where it leads. (My wife has a 2001 Ford Escape I'd like to install a system on if it works too)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ronjinsan
06-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Socalzx2

errrrr what can I say ....OK I dont know anybody on this site who would 'certify' any of the stuff you buy on ebay apart from the electronic gadgets for sensor scamming and maybe the PWM's! I think most of the guys on this forum are bona fide tinkerers (some for a looong time) who want to get the best from their cars in terms of fuel consumption, using a water splitter or Hydrogen Cell or whatever you want to call it. Most of the kits you can buy are truly conservative and dont offer more than small increases in fuel efficiency ie 10% to 30%. We are all trying for better than that, and I know for a fact I aint gonna get it by buying it! With a good cell on you car you should see 45 to 50MPG (with careful driving habits).As for the O2 sensor I'm going to let one of my colleagues answer that one as I havent had to use that wizzardry yet! All the best :D

SoCalZX2
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi :)

Certify was a bad term, but I had seen at least a partial recommendation for an ebay kit in another section.

I think I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the amount of effort you guys are putting in... Not that I can't do the same, but I was hoping for some considerable increase in mileage for what is a minimal amount of effor IMHO... I mean I already drive 62mph via cruise control and stay out of everyone elses way lol. Thats how I get my 33mpg :)

15-30% would be 36-42mpg which is a considerable increase in my world. I'm not overly affected by the gas prices as I live on a generous budget (lots of breathing room if need be) and I drive an economical car. But having to fill up once a month vs 2-3x a month would be great.

I think a lot of my questions center around the shorthand you guys are using. Too many people like to keep their build a secret, so it's not often you find a diagram, or at least one in laymens terms.

I'm car savy, but I'm not an electrician by any means. I have very little understanding of that aspect of things. I'm also a bit concerned about saftey, I mean what are the possibilities in a violent collision. The end result of HHO generation is a very combustible gas, so for those putting the system near the front of the car, is there chance of extra damage in an accident?

I didn't really see a newbies guide to this stuff, which is why I've been so lax in making a real effort to dive into this subject.

Stratous
06-07-2008, 10:49 PM
There is a link somplace in the forums that will tell you every thing you need to know. I am not sure what thread its under atm. I have posted several pictures of what my cell looks like inside and out. They are here in this forum. They are not incredibly descriptive, but they are decent photos. The link is here. http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=40

gidrew
06-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Socialzx2
I found this site somewhere too. I cant remember if it was on this board or not but you might find it helpful http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapt10.html

retiredman2006
02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Did you do this to your Ford Escape 2001 yet? If so, what engine did you have?
Which kit did you use?

and what's your mileage now?

Thanks,
Charlie

(My wife has a 2001 Ford Escape I'd like to install a system on if it works too)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]