PDA

View Full Version : Hho plus?

rexstar
01-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Hi people!

I'm new to this subject so I just wanted to buy&try HHO kit from Portuguese company "HHO Plus" http://www.hho-plus.com/.

The question is: Are they reliable?
Hope it's not some kind of scam...

Thanks.

hg2
01-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi people!

I'm new to this subject so I just wanted to buy&try HHO kit from Portuguese company "HHO Plus" http://www.hho-plus.com/.

The question is: Are they reliable?
Hope it's not some kind of scam...

Thanks.

Rexstar I wouldn't buy from them for one main reason is that they are in Portugal.I'm not sure where you're located,but if you have any issues with them you'll be hard pressed to get your money back if it came to that.The other reason is that all they show (from what I've seen on their site is a black "PVC" cylinder)is the cell which appears to be an inefficient wet cell yet they're claiming it to be a "dry design".
Most of the members here would rather build our own to be sure of what we're getting.They aren't that difficult to build and the parts are easy to obtain locally where you live.There's plenty of info and help here if you have trouble understanding anything.

rexstar
01-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Hello Hg2.

I live in Italy, so the shipping should be reasonable.
But, you are right, I should build it myself.

So, I'l be hanging around to see how to do it.

Thanks a lot.

koya1893
01-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Before you buy a kit, I would recommend asking them to describe the cell:

Cell configuratio

How many bipolar if any

gap between plates

what kind of material (316L SS)

What kind of electrolyte use for the solution.

Are they completely sealed or can you take them apart for cleaning if needed

you get where I am going with the questions.

rexstar
01-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello koya1893

I have already decided to build it myself, no need to waste the money on a "mystery kit".
Besides, it's more fun...

Thanks.

HHO BLASTER
01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Hello koya1893

I have already decided to build it myself, no need to waste the money on a "mystery kit".

Thanks.

Now your going in the right direction, what is the vehicle its going to be used on, because some some don't do well or will drive you up the walls. Try to find some with the same car here, and ask them how they made out, before you waste time and money :D

koya1893
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Hello koya1893

Thanks.

Glad to hear you're building it, that's what I decide when I discovered this process. It's definitely more fun and gives the chance to improve it and looking further down the road on a even efficient model. I went from a thermo runaway 'wet cell" to a model I can run for hours without getting hot. As mentioned, if you share what kind of car you are going to use it on you might find someone in here with data you need to yield good result.

Consider the following.
EFIE's to handle the O2.

and maybe expiriment with runing the HHO through a heat exchanger. I've had great result doing that, no need to produce a lot of HHO for the engine.

rexstar
01-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Hello Koya

I have just started and there are already some problems :)
My car is '99 BMW 318i, and there is not enough of space for HHO under the hud...maybe..
Then, how to "trick" BMW ECU?
And it is little bit difficult to find some parts ( bubbler, check valve, etc. ) in Italy or in Europe for some reason.

koya1893
01-30-2011, 10:47 AM
From another "Bimmer" lover I can offer some help. Had several Bimmers myself, on the 318i it is tough to find room. As far as parts do some search, unfortunately most of my thread were deleted or you have some example. find the room in the can in front of the Rad. and simulate what size that fits. You can get most of the parts through the net. As for the ECU, I think you have a narrow four wire O2, go to fuel saver and look up Digital Quad EFIE. My site is being rebuilt right now or I will give you a link.

Stay in touch through here Bimmers are easy to accept HHO, specially the older they are. My 2005 Z4 did well with it. The cell I use is 3"X11" at 10 amps you can produce the .9-1.2lpm and it is 2" thick configured at -NNNNN+ and if you are driving 4 hours and longer configure it this way -NNNNNN+. adding a 6 bipolar will keep the cell cool.

rexstar
02-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi Koya.

Is it difficult to connect Digital Quad EFIE on a Bimmer?

I was looking at the instructions but did't understand much... :(

koya1893
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
If you were looking at the model from Fuel saver it is easier than it looks. when you decide to get one I wrote another procedure I use for installation. I can send it to you when you are ready for it. Several of my clients had problem with the one's from Mike so I made with pictures that shows the wires being cut and routed to the matching connectors.

once you've identified the signal wire it's downhill from there. Bu the way you can make your bubbler from a 2" PVC pipe and end cap. The system in the photo is the one installed in my 1985 300SD turbo 3.0 liter. You can see the clear tube is the secondary bubbler, the solid white is the primary bubbler.

rexstar
02-03-2011, 05:55 AM
O.K.

I have found this one on Ebay:
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250749352443&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123
..is it good?

However, it wil take 2-3 weeks to arive here...
And wich PWM is good?

Thanks

koya1893
02-03-2011, 07:20 AM
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-narrowband-series

this the unit I would recommend vice the one on ebay. this one has been proven to do the job and the same one I use on my 1991 318IS.

myoldyourgold
02-03-2011, 06:34 PM
The unit on ebay is much better than the one you recommend. It is in high demand and will work with all the narrowband sensors, except the one from Dodge with 2.5V offset.
It has an adaptive control (fuelsaver efie will not work with fast sensors) and a MAP/MAF control (not present in the unit you recommend).

The seller of the unit switched from fuelsaver couple of months ago.

For even higher gains this is the best, so far:

Tuning 101 Control Center AFR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tunin...Q5fAccessories

Its not for everyone. Cost is a real issue. Plus a scan tool. If you do not know what you are doing it can be a real bear. Other than that if it does what it says it does might be a great device. I just might try one and report.

myoldyourgold
02-05-2011, 07:55 AM
It comes down to how much one can gain over a cheaper EFIE. If the gain is significant then maybe. The market is such and everyone is being very careful with their $$. On some cars adjusting the MAF/MAP causes more trouble than it is worth and when right the gain was not worth the trouble. I have recommended this device to others to try it and report. Like I said before, I might do the same. I think it is worth testing. The biggest problem is getting it accepted by CARB in California. I for one do not use any EFIE on the road because of this problem.