PDA

View Full Version : How does this look so far?

plumabob
06-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm using 10 plates +NNN--NNN+ and sodium hydroxide with filtered water. So far it was running about 45 minutes and my 25 amp fuse was still hanging in there. Container was getting warm but not hot. I had a nice flow of hydro coming into my bubbler. I just mounted it in my '97 corolla, need some electrical odds and ends before I offically hook her up and I have to install my oxyen sensor extender. Anything I'm doing wrong here or does it look ok?

Ronjinsan
06-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Well done plumabob......looks really nice. Right, do you have it connected to your vacuum on the manifold or through the air intake? Remeber if its through the manifod you will need a one way valve in line to stop you bubbler being emptied back into the bottle! I would be real interested to hear what your standing production rate is! Stick a bottle in and test it. I love the case you found.....I'm definately watching for your posts! All the best..:D

plumabob
06-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I am new at this, I guess we all are, so I'm basically just groping around here hoping to have some success. I'm going to hook it up to the air intake. Is there any advantage to hooking it up through the manifold? There is a capped off tap I can easily hook on to. It would look better then drill out the air intake. I'm not sure if there is a map sensor or not. Any idea where it would be on my corolla? I'll try the bottle test when I'm up and running again. Any idea where I could get a check valve beside ebay?

Bob

hooty
06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Not 100% sure if it would work, but I would check at an aquarium supply store aka petshop..... I've used them in repairs for other functions, so, unless the pressure is huge, it should be okay, I would think. BTW, your work looks good from the aesthetic standpoint. Good job.

-Hooty

*off to wander and see if he can find some useful plans in building an HHO quickly and easily...*

grimr27
06-07-2008, 10:59 PM
i got mine from O'rellys in the help section. I am running my cell into the air intake as close to the intake as i could. i have not had to add a oxyen sensor extender. i am getting great results like it is. onley thing is my plate layout is -nn+nn- i am going to try a different layout to see what works better as soon as i get lpm gage.

Stratous
06-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Thats a nice looking system, just a note on the lid. As your container heats up, the lid on that box will warp. The thin seal that comes with it will compress and you will loose the air tight seal. This happened to the container I was using. It is exacatally like your except maybe size. I have the 8 inch box, not sure what yours is. I had to beef up my lid with some steel bar and put a thicker seal on it. I have posted pictures on the lid, just havent posted pictures of the seal. I used weather stripping that I bought from Advanced Auto. I had to trim it down a bit to make it fit into the groove on the lid, but after that it worked like a champ.

Ronjinsan
06-09-2008, 03:50 AM
NIce job he made hey Stratous? At least put some effort in. I remember now that you had a couple of lid problems...was that to do with heat?;)

plumabob
06-09-2008, 11:21 AM
OK I reinforced the lid with some 1/8 aluminum diamond plate, no way it's gonna warp now. I've been too busy to do any more testing. I did however install the oxygen sensor extender. Next I have to run all the wiring and the switching before I can proceed. Stay tuned!

plumabob
06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
OK had 2 hours to kill so I hooked up my battery charger. I'm getting 250ml of hho in a minute. After an hour internal temperature was 125 degrees. It is 92 degrees today so there isn't much cooling. What are some safe numbers as far as temp is concerned? Case is holding up well with no leaks or warping.....yet! I'm using about 1/2 teaspoon of SH to about 1 qt of water.

Stratous
06-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I dont think 125 Degrees is anything to worry about. My box is larger than yours with the same amount of lid screws, thats why it warped. I am not sure what a safe temp is. I would say below boiling and a temp that can be maintained. If it stays at 125, then it should be great. If it keeps climbing, then you may have to find a way to cool it. My box usually sits at about 140 degrees after a couple hours of use, thats with the cooling line I have installed.