PDA

View Full Version : Heating Issues

vrticeman
07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
I am fairly new wto this HHO thing but I have been doing a lot of studying on it. What i see everyone is having the most trouble with is current draw and heating issues. The heating is a definate result of high stray current in your electolyte bath. PWM's are good to control the current draw issue. Your cell design is the most critical though. Your cell needs to be of a such that it has several series cells with the electrolyte seperated from each othe and a design that will force the current flow through the plates and not stray through the elctrolyte bath. That is accomplished by either building aindependant series cells with their own containers or a design such as Bob Boyce where he is keeping each cells electrolyte seperated from each other. He is using High DC voltage which in made possible through a
DC to AC converter and then rectifying back to DC at a higher DC voltage. But the most critical part of his cell is the design and the way he superimposes three differnt frequencies over that high voltage with a toroid coil at the same time. His cell produces enormous amounts of HHO also due to that fact that he spent a large amount of time tuning the PWM to the cells resonant frequency. There in lies the key "RESONANCE". It is hard to maintain this due to the fact of the ever changing characteristics of the cell. He obtains it by very detailed and precise cell build as in plate preperation. His design is proven and works very well. We are talking 100 liters a minute. Way too much for a booster but I think his design can be replicated in a smaller version. I have his files which are readily available on the internet. I tried to upload but too big a file. I will make a new post with a link to the file so people can study it in detail.

snapper1d
07-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Now this sounds very interesting.I will be waiting to see this info.

vrticeman
07-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Here is a link to his plans. You will see on the page a pdf file called D9.pdf. There is a ton of literature and interesting reading and how in detail he built his. Fom the circuits to the cell. There is some links as well in that file on where he purchased a lot of his material. Most of his material is toward the middle to bottom of the file. http://pesn.com/2007/09/29/9500450_BobBoyce_Electrolizer_Plans/. I am posted a link to the smack pdf file as well. This design is being used by many with moderated success. It is a Brute Force design. http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/.

Omega
08-01-2008, 12:29 AM
"Brute Force" refers to the type of DC power applied to the cell. A non-characterized (no PWM or other conditioning) source of DC is brute force.

Dewayne
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
In the video he ask you to listen to the cell, but listen to the sounds in the background.
When he turns it on you can hear a vacuum pump running. We all know that when you apply
vacuum the output will increase dramatically.

daveczrn
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
In the video he ask you to listen to the cell, but listen to the sounds in the background.
When he turns it on you can hear a vacuum pump running. We all know that when you apply
vacuum the output will increase dramatically.

depends on your cell design. If you design a cell with a small plate gap the bubbles will have trouble breaching the surface. If you design a cell with a much wider plate gap(.120") a vacuum won't do as much as you may think.

LinChiek
08-05-2008, 12:44 AM
maybe u guys shud try using a ballast resistor or barretter......

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?p=7070#post7070

Atechguy
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
MY ballast 1.2 ohm heats up hot pretty quickly, i realized its not mounted to firewall to act like heat sink, but wonder if it can handle the current /heat, , i measured my volts while running it was 14.3 v:D , what ya think super HHO techs????????

umim
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
vrticeman: ..."We are talking 100 liters a minute.".....HMM... that's 26.42 GALLONS !!! Are you sure?

lawnmowerman
08-09-2008, 03:20 AM
my findings are that the more suface area you have the less elctrolyte you need which equals less heat build up. im using a 304l tube method 3" negative w/ a 2.5" positive gapped a 1/4" less with plasitc shims. each electrode is 13" long. i use a 1 1/2 gallon in generator w/ distilld water and sprinkle of sodi- hydrx , at 4amps i get a steady stream with charger set at 12v 10 amp when i put it on 12v 225 amp i get a foutain of hho. temp got to 130 degrees after an hour at the hightest setting with a 10 amp draw on generator, i've been using the danny klien ebook manual from runyourcaronwater.com, didnt add the terroid coil though seemed a lil complicated. lol, good luck guys