PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Mazda B3000

Grandpa's Speedshop
04-16-2011, 05:58 AM
:cool:I been away from the HHO scene for over a year due to winter and having surgery on my shoulder. But I am back in my shop now and fixing to upgrade the Mazda again. One thing I found out the year before last was if you mount your dry cell in the right place it will stay cool. Mine, behind the front bumper at the bottom of the radiator. Mix never got over 120 degrees. My problem was trying to figure out the right mix to prevent freezing. The other thing was the vapor to the motor and the new bubbler kept getting sucked dry after shut down. System hooked up to ignition circuit so when key off, system off. This year I will be doing two things to this truck. One is more HP and the other is MPG. Been trying to find a good efie plans to build with the right parts list and where to aquire them. O2 extenders don't work. Making your motor breathe is something else others don't talk about. Been a Mechanic for 40yrs and a sheet metal and machinist for 33yrs. I am using 304 sstl plates cause of the ready access to the material. My generator is 8in square with 21 plates and I keep my voltage at 10 amps. Going to mount into dash this year. It is called the Mazda Project. It is going from B3000 to Bxtreme. Your comment and ideas are very welcome. I will be posting pics later and I will keep a log and put all my info into manual form for others who come to this fight against the dependancy of foreign oil. $4+ a gal is too much for any of us to bear. Plus we need to show Mythbusters they ain't as smart as they think they are.;)

Grandpa's Speedshop
04-17-2011, 11:37 PM
:)Well I pulled my old system off the shelf yesterday and took it apart. Been there for over a year. 21 plate design and they all looked good so I will stay with this setup for now. Going to rebuild the end plates now that I have gotten new shop equipment to make things more precise. Will post pictures of plates in a later post. Need to build a better scrubber and to find a decent oneway to keep the reservoir from sucking the scrubber dry. Trying a design of my own for a flashback arrestor as well. Once this is finished then I will open up the exhaust and intake to help the engine breathe.:cool: The iginition is a whole new deal. Will be adding a spark box to increase spark. 12v in and 500v out. 12 fires per cycle instead of one. Burn all the fuel and you use less of it. The spark box alone can give you 2 to 6 mpg's and an extra boost in HP. That's the start for now, will keep you updated.;)

Grandpa's Speedshop
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM
:cool: Well I got it done. Built 16 plate cell, hooked it all up on the bench and tested. At 14 tbsp of naoh to 1 gal of water it pulled 7amps. putting out good flow of gas. So I tore it all down and rebuilt cell to 25 plates and it was pulling about 12 or so amps and new bubbler design was working--or so I thought. went to test flashback and BOOM blew the lid off my reservoir. Had a leak in the bubbler on the inside which allowed the flash to pass. Will post a pic of the lid later. To add insult to injury, I was going to put new clutch kit in the truck this weekend and the tranny is shot. I hope my spare is still good. Getting to old to keep climbing under cars for repairs. So while I got her up in the air I am going to modify the exhaust as well since I got to pull it out to drop the tranny. I use a lawntractor battery and 50amp charger for power, so power from truck will be higher. Will keep you posted. :cool:

Grandpa's Speedshop
05-06-2011, 04:47 AM
:cool: Well got the spare tranny in and exhaust almost done. New cell rebuilt with 25 plate setup and rebuilt reservoir after flashback test failed and it went BOOOOOM! Reservoir blew the lid up and I still have only found half of it. New bubller design had internal leak not seen and flash got by. Thank God it was on the bench and not in Truck. But system is ready to setup and test as soon as new flashback arrestor arrives. Happy Mothers Day to the Ladies and Men don't forget that extra special Other Half Sunday. Later ;)

Grandpa's Speedshop
05-20-2011, 12:57 PM
:cool: Well I got her done. Tranny in, exhaust done. She sounds good. Next step is the ignition system. Already using hi-per coil and iridium plugs and hi-per wires. Next is the ignition box. What will this do for me? If you look up msd or crane cam or accel or who ever else makes them, me I have a crane HI-6s. For street and rv's. It takes 12v in and puts out up 500v. It also has a rev limiter and make the plugs fire 12 times instead of once. This will be needed with the new fuel injectors. 19lb - 4port. These will atomize the fuel more efficently that the 14lb one port stock. This up grade alone should give a 4 to 8 percent increase in power and 3 to 7% in mpg. Gain both ways. With the hho system added later which is on the bench right now and it's big brother in the build stage I am looking for 20mpg to rise to 30+.:cool: