PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Winnebago

ld1940
05-07-2011, 09:47 AM
My rig has a 7.4L Chevy engine with a Rochester 4 barrel carb - no fancy emissions stuff. I just built my kit from HybridWaterPower and installed it. I haven't measured the output of the power cell yet, but it's drawing right at 20 amps. Problem on the first run was that the engine at idle sucked all the water out of the bubbler before I knew what was happening. The suggested fix was to drill a hole in the pressure relief valve (rubber cork) to satisfy the vacuum. Didn't have much effect. Drilled a bigger hole (1/8"), no effect. Have built a taller bubbler to hold more scrubbies and have installed a solenoid-operated shutoff on the vacuum line to the engine intake port (tapped into the pcv line).
Has anyone had a similar problem? Can you recommend a fix?

myoldyourgold
05-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Inject the HHO into the air cleaner not into a vacuum line. When you inject into a vacuum line you get more HHO at idle and less under load when you need it. Your final results will then be not worth the effort. You will need at least 2 lpm to see any significant gain and you will need to rejet the carb (smaller mains and if the carb has needles they to will need to be adjusted).

orizio
05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
My rig has a 7.4L Chevy engine with a Rochester 4 barrel carb - no fancy emissions stuff. I just built my kit from HybridWaterPower and installed it. I haven't measured the output of the power cell yet, but it's drawing right at 20 amps. Problem on the first run was that the engine at idle sucked all the water out of the bubbler before I knew what was happening. The suggested fix was to drill a hole in the pressure relief valve (rubber cork) to satisfy the vacuum. Didn't have much effect. Drilled a bigger hole (1/8"), no effect. Have built a taller bubbler to hold more scrubbies and have installed a solenoid-operated shutoff on the vacuum line to the engine intake port (tapped into the pcv line).

hello,I am a new one and I can give you a very good and simple idea,already
tested.The idea is : make your bubler in form of horseshoe.My bubler is done
from see-trough hose diam.30mm and 1m. long . As you understand two edges are up situated and the liquide have to be as much as not possible to be sucked.

orizio
05-07-2011, 02:50 PM

This is my picture of my bubbler

ld1940
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Inject the HHO into the air cleaner not into a vacuum line. When you inject into a vacuum line you get more HHO at idle and less under load when you need it. Your final results will then be not worth the effort. You will need at least 2 lpm to see any significant gain and you will need to rejet the carb (smaller mains and if the carb has needles they to will need to be adjusted).
Thanks for the tip. We just returned from a 600 mile trip with my setup as described in my last entry. Everything worked - it pulled about 45 amps when running and did not heat up at all. I don't yet know how much output I'm getting from my generator - measurement is next to build - Got about a 15% increase in mileage (to 7.5 mpg). I'll try relocating the HHO input from pcv to air intake and see what happens.