PDA

View Full Version : PMA 100% self powered running your system! I know.. Just read!

Ready_Bunker
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Ok I think most of us can agree that running our hho system on our vehicles power system is, well consuming more fuel maybe not a crazy amount but there are those who will argue. Anyways I think alot of us know what a permament magnet alternator is, if not do some searches on youtube. Basically they are used primarily in wind turbines. Now there are guys just like us DIY hho'ers there are wind turbine DIY'ers too. I learned alot about VAWT (vertical axis wind turbine) again do a search. It gave me an idea that if you can send over upto 1600 watts of power to house or battery supply in winds lets say 60-70mph with a 24v PMA then why not just make a miniture version Blades, enclose it somewhat in the radiator compartment or underneath you vehicle or in the back of your truck, etc. 12v over 800 watts etc.

Here's the plan:
You would want a high wind PMA (<----puts out a crap load of amps) not a low wind one, (these are just basic delco alternators that have been gutted and neo earth magnets put in to be simple about it making them about 5-8 times more effecient.) means that in high winds it will produce mass power without ceaseing up, tripping breakers etc.

2. A VAWT turbine is one where the blades are facing up stacked in a circle so the winds can blow them from all sides. Kind of like how that little vent on your roof spins. Now if you take that and just lay it on its side it will still spin since a car is always going forward hence the wind blowing in the same direction at it.

3. Then you create an enclosure that surrounds the blades except for about a 1/3 of it. Think like how a vacume cleaner works most of it is covered and only the spinner is facing the floor. The generator is protected from the elements, the blades are durable to handle speeds of at least 90 mph, and it is small enough to be outfitted to either the bed or inside the front of the vehicle. Its best if you google DIY VAWT to understand what they look like.

4. The power system is basically the same as your alternator you can have it set for dc as normal. Now I have read a few posts about how people are thinkning about how their hho is producing liters per minute at idle speeds and if it was not necessary etc.

5. Heres the theory; if you can set it up then as you speed up you'll be producing more wattage (lots of amps not just volts), then as you slow the power is reduced aswell. You have this system running straight to your hho system, yes it will be connected to all the gadgets like retifiers, breakers , and all the other stuff you guys know about:)

6. You would not be runnning this off your vehicles power you'll be producing the power as you drive...the faster you go the more output!

7. You can also keep it real simple and just add it to your vehicle as a second alternator...lots of guys do this in audio applications and beef'er 4x4 trucks. (theres no friction to the pma as it turns hence the magnets levitating or the stator..no brushes.

Anyways that's the jest of it I hope most of you are tracking at what I mean,let me know what ya'll think!

Ready_Bunker
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
These are what the blades can look like just smaller, lets say 12"-18" long with a diameter anywhere from 6"-10" then just tip it on its side like your going to mow your grass with them:)

the pic with the little table fan is similar how I imagine the enclosure and the way it would work

the pic with the big fan blades is an actual vertical axis wind turbine

I hope this helps guys!

Roland Jacques
05-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Interesting. :)

One problem is wind turbines PMA increase voltage as they gain speed. We like the voltage to stay constant. We would want the amp draw to vary, not the volts.

Ready_Bunker
05-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Interesting. :)

One problem is wind turbines PMA increase voltage as they gain speed. We like the voltage to stay constant. We would want the amp draw to vary, not the volts.
Hey whats up Roland...
Well I think that can be solved. First off there are diffrent types of PMA's low and high wind. You can easily get a PMA that pulls 60 amps at 65mph or 2000 rpm etc.
Now for the constant power here is an idea....have it charging a battery dedicated only to your cell. when you do this you would of course have all your gadgets like rectifiers, breakers, etc...
The reason I think the fluctuating power is because I read about people wanting to know if they are putting to much hho in at idle speeds and if it would help to have more output as rpm's raise. The idea was to have a power source that is gauged to your speed therefore inputing what it requires... I dont know how this works or all the specs, but I thought it would at least be good to look into. The dedicated battery would problably be the best way to go since the power is all being created from wind and not your vehicle. So for all those that say "well your using freaking 500watts of power that must use up more fuel in your car so it cant be effecient" this would counter any of that:) Also I had an idea about a tesla turbine generator using the created hho to turn the turbine before it enters the air intake, therefore charging your system also.
let me know what you think? and thanks!

nst6563
05-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Not sure the tesla turbine would work...I think you'd need quite a bit of pressure on the hho output in order for it to be any kind of effective.

I think the PMA idea is something that could be looked into further though...the front air dam may be a good place for it on most cars - but the blades would need to be made of something lightweight and fairly impact resistant due to road debris (bullet resistant lexan? aluminum?).

After reading your PMA idea - what about using the car's engine cooling fan as a generator? Fix magnets to the blades, copper windings on the housing, a regulator, etc... Most fans don't increase with vehicle speed though (at least that I've had experience with).

I think there are LOTS of places that a "generator" of sorts could be "created"...just no one has done them yet.