PDA

View Full Version : My first Dry Cell

enuro12
06-25-2011, 01:02 PM
So i'm wanting to build a dry cell(s).

My plates are 316

6inx2in Main Plates
12inx2in For connectors (I'm sure i'll be cutting these down to more around 6.5inx2in

31 6inx2in Main Plates
21 12x2in Connector Plates

My Gasket material is a rubberized crap i found at lowes on giant rolls. It is 1.01mm thick.

My goal is as high LPM as possible. I've got some Weld-On 16 on the way to seal the holes and edges of the plates. I'll be spending the day sanding and cross sanding the plates.

So whats the most efficient layout of my plates to get the highest LPM on 14v (car) and KoH. I'll be using this to fill jugs to blow up on the 4th :)

After that i'll convert it to something to use on the 1.6L engine.

enuro12
06-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I guess one of my biggest concerns is where to drill the holes on each plate. I don't understand how this should work... =\

mohitasrani43
11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
1 on the top and 1 below down, Electrolysis goes from below and hho comes out from the top,

Havens78
11-11-2011, 04:06 PM
The search option is your best friend on this site, setting up your plates is the most critical part just take your time and ask plenty of questions. Stagger your bottom holes, and you'll want 6 neutrals in each stack. I did not know anything about this technology until I just simply started to read things using the search function, its time worth spent trust me.

I really should pay attention before replying to a thread started in June. sheesh.