PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using an HHO generator separating H & O

slim79
07-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Anyone using an HHO generator that separates the H & O? What have been your results? Have you been able to avoid using an EFIE.

slim79
07-22-2011, 09:44 PM
anyone. no one using an hho generator with separate outlets for h and o in their vehicle.

koya1893
07-24-2011, 07:20 PM
If your goal is to take advantage of the benefits from inducing HHO, you need to treat the O2 or use a FIC or AFC. There is no way around using an EFIE, specially if your vehicle is new or if it's an import.

slim79
07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
That is a pain there's no way to avoid an efie. I really did not want to mess with my electrical system in the car. is there a simple way of doing this without purchasing an efie.

nst6563
07-28-2011, 10:14 PM
You could get an aftermarket fuel/ignition controller. They are quite a bit more expensive, but give quite a bit more control as well.

slim79
07-30-2011, 12:04 AM
I dont see why I would need an efie if it only HH going into the air system thus not adding more O into the system.

myoldyourgold
07-30-2011, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE]I dont see why I would need an efie if it only HH going into the air system thus not adding more O into the system./QUOTE]

Slim79, you will not need an efie if you are satisfied with 10 to 20 percent gain or less. This is also true with HHO. Small amounts of HH or even smaller amounts of HHO have very similar effects but when you increase the volume of gas you end up in the ECU going nuts. There are some ways to avoid an efie but are much more trouble than just using an efie. Here are a few ways.

1. Have your reactor set to turn off at below 1000 rpm.

2. Increase the amount of exhaust being introduced over 1000 rpm. (EGR)

3. Control the volume of HHO related to rpm.

and there are many more. So much easier to use an efie.

slim79
07-30-2011, 11:35 AM
i guess ill just have to look up a guide on how to build, use and install an efie.

nst6563
07-30-2011, 09:51 PM
i guess ill just have to look up a guide on how to build, use and install an efie.

Much easier to just buy one and install it. You don't get all the DIY gratification, but you can certainly take pride in installing it correctly and cleanly.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-narrowband-series

ag2ward
08-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Anyone using an HHO generator that separates the H & O? What have been your results? Have you been able to avoid using an EFIE.

Is an EFIE needed on a flex-fuel vehicle when augmenting your vehicle's fuel with HHO?

TimCollins
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I also want to try separating the gasses at the cell. My thought is to insert an inert divider (not a plate) at some point in the middle of the neutral plates and surrounding the electrodes. You can then collect the gasses at any point between the dividers and merge them into an isolated flow. My question is how will an inert divider (with a small hole to allow electrolyte to flow) impact the system. I don’t know if it will have any effect, or it might just kill the system all together? I don’t have a pretty drawing at this time but basically a layout something like this:
+NNNXNNN-X-NNXN+X+NNNXNNN-
Has anyone tried this?

Stevo
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Some ppl are using nylon ripstop. Just keep the temps below 170.

TimCollins
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I have been thinking about this a bit to much. This is me thinking out loud with a few questions at the bottom... Are the neutral plates acting as both positive and negative? Simple example, If I have a single neutral plate configuration: + N - Then if I consider the gaps to be independant cells, my neutral plate really turns into something like this (-+). So, if I sketch this out it looks more like: + (-+) -. That means half of my neutral plate is a cathode and half is an annode? So, each side of the neutral plate is producing different gasses? Now, even if I isolate that plate with a membrane like: + M (-+) M - . While the two charged plates are separated and producing 'purer' oxygen and hydrogen, the Neutral plates are still producing both gasses on either side. So, if we then try to collect the gas on the neutral plate it is still HHO. AHHHH... If the plates do not allow exchange of gas from one side to another. A solid plate with holes near the bottom for electolyte transfer only then the membrane would work (right now all of my plates have holes at the top for gas flow between them). However you will need a gas release for every single cell (ouch)... Now my question is what material to use for the membrane. If we used plexiglass with a hole at the bottom (just like an inert plate) would that work? I think it might kill the electrolisys process but maybe it would have no impact? I think that is why folks are saying use a fabric material?

mmdowd
01-29-2012, 07:51 AM

Hi
my first post The site below says they seperate the gasses, so I assume you dont need an EFIE
http://www.hho-research.com.au/
mike