PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler, hose, nozzles... needing to buy!!

cpaiin
08-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Can someone lead to me to some sort of vender or company who can sell me accessories for HHO?

I already have the SS plates, the rubber gaskets and the housing (just clear plastic really. Should be thick enough.).

I basically have my own cell, now I need everything else. What I'm looking for are nozzles that I can screw/attach onto the cell. I'm really looking for something that isn't glue on, since I don't know if that stuff will corrode/contaminate the cell eventually. I also need the appropriate hose that can fit onto the nozzle. Then I need some bubblers. I've seen those nice looking ones that are pre-built so I was thinking about getting a couple of those. Then, since I'm building a torch, I need some sort of hose that can lead to the torch, and then the torch itself. My local Home Depot really doesn't have anything I need, so if someone could link me to their favorite website, that would be great!

Most importantly, I need the hose and nozzles and bubbler to all be the same size fitting. This might be too obvious, but I thought I'd throw it out there :)

Thanks!!

Additional info:
I'm planning to make about 1-7 LPM of pure gas, if that helps with necessary hose size.
Again, thanks!

hhoconnection
08-03-2011, 07:05 PM
If you need fittings, go back to your home depot. You can find fairly cheap brass fittings like this one below in the tool section. Look for a small bin of them where they sell fittings for air compressors. You can also find these and nylon ones in their plumbing dept, but they are individually wrapped and more expensive. Here is the brass fitting, I use 1/4" inlet with a 3/8" barb:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100065044/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

They have hose there as well (3/8" inner diameter) already coiled up and pre-cut, but I have found better hose at my local Do-It-Center sold by the foot.

As for bubblers, I'm actually looking for some good bubblers to sell on my site. I quit making my small stainless bubblers (just not worth the time) so if anyone out there is into making them for sale, I have a spot for you on my website. You should be able to build a few out of PVC, its not that difficult.

Here is my torch if you need some ideas:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cabwc56fbvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nst6563
08-03-2011, 09:27 PM
If you live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a Lowes/Home depot McMaster-Carr will have everything as long as you don't mind waiting for the shipping.

cpaiin
08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Awesome, thanks.

I just bought a couple bubblers and an air dryer (I have my doubts as to whether it will do anything, but we'll see). I'm near finished with my setup so I'll post pictures on my other post when finished.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the 'physics' of it...
The thing is, there has to be some sort of 'intake' valve on the bottom of the cell to let in more water, but unless I have that hooked up to my first bubbler, there's a good chance of un-even water levels between the reserve and bubbler. And, when I eventually attach a torch, I'll HAVE to close air intake to the reserve because of pressure build up which pushes the gas out of the torch at high speeds. If you have any suggestion, or better yet, a visual of pictures or even other peoples setups, it would help me out greatly.

If you do have any advice, I guess it would be better to post it in my other thread since this isn't really the Q&A section and I'm asking a question :)

Thanks for all the help once again!! BTW, if that's really something you built, I'm VERY impressed. That's a really nice, compact setup you have.

Here's the link to my other thread: http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=7036