PDA

View Full Version : The Honda car does not seem to accept the addition of HHO gas !!!

Quebecker
08-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi,

The Honda car does not seem to accept the addition of HHO gas !!!

Here is my spec....

Honda Civic Si 2004 (Canadian version) Sedan 4 doors
Engine: 1.7 liters V-TEC
Trans: Automatic
Spark plug: Pulstar Irridium BE-1

I send 0.7 LPM (control by CCPWM) of HHO gas directly above the intake.

My electrolyte is NaOH

My EFIE (from Fuelsaver-MPG) is set to approx 7:30 o'clock for the WideBand and at 210 mv for the Narrow Band.

After one week, the gain is 15%.

=====================

Yesterday, I turn my EFIE to approx. 8:30 o'clock for the WideBand and I reset the ECU. I also added a level switch on the accelerator (throttle) and a relay to allow the shutdown of the reactor when the engine is idling (no throttle) and I lost all my gain and worse, the car is now more expensive than originally.

Today, I remove the level switch and the relay, reset the ECU and I retrofit the EFIE to approx 7:30 o'clock for the WideBand.

In conclusion, I believe that Honda civic vehicles 7th Gen (In the years from 2001 to 2005) are so economical original version that it is impossible to obtain a major gain with the addition of HHO gas.

I find it unfortunate that the great American tuning company is not interested in the phenomenon HHO

myoldyourgold
08-21-2011, 07:18 PM
In conclusion, I believe that Honda civic vehicles 7th Gen (In the years from 2001 to 2005) are so economical original version that it is impossible to obtain a major gain with the addition of HHO gas.

Reni, you might be giving up to soon. Honda can be a real challenge I know. You have done so well I think we can all learn buy your experience. A few questions.

Did you measure the lag time between start of the reactor and full production?
Are you sure the reactor starts at the very touch of the throttle?
Did you try increasing production to over 1 LPM?
How many kilometer test are you running?

You could be right and the amount of gain without reducing fuel significantly, increasing HHO production, and controlling timing in all ranges of RPM might result in not the best mileage possible but I think you can experience more than you are.

Quebecker
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Reni, you might be giving up to soon. Honda can be a real challenge I know. You have done so well I think we can all learn buy your experience. A few questions.

Did you measure the lag time between start of the reactor and full production?
Did you try increasing production to over 1 LPM?

You could be right and the amount of gain without reducing fuel significantly, increasing HHO production, and controlling timing in all ranges of RPM might result in not the best mileage possible but I think you can experience more than you are.

Hi,

I have just come to a 25 km highway road test (no level switch and old EFIE setting) and my fuel economy is approx. 10%.

Question/Reply
Did you measure the lag time between start of the reactor and full production ?
No but It seems spontaneous, no lag time.
As soon as the reactor starts, the two bubblers immediately begin to bubble

Yes, very sure

Did you try increasing production to over 1 LPM ?
No, always 0.7 LPM and have validated two times

Approx. 20-25 km
I use a monitor ScanGauge II and I see real-time consumption

I believe that adjusting the EFIE Wideband can not go higher than 7:30 - 8:00 o'clock

Tomorrow I start working, no more holidays. My daily road circuit will always be the same and it will be easier for me to have data. Every week I will change a single component and compare at the end of the week.

week #1: no level switch & EFIE (7:30 o'clock - 210 mv)
week #2: with level switch & EFIE (7:30 o'clock - 210 mv)

AT this moment, I will Keep the best one (with or without level switch)

week #3: add more LPM hho gas & EFIE (7:30 o'clock - 210 mv)
week #4: ....

It will be looooong

myoldyourgold
08-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Reni, I suggest you do a fuel tank test. Scan gauge results have been proven not to be accurate in the past, in fact some time very misleading. You might find no gain at all or something quite different than the scan gauge is showing. Keep us updated.

Quebecker
08-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Reni, I suggest you do a fuel tank test. Scan gauge results have been proven not to be accurate in the past, in fact some time very misleading. You might find no gain at all or something quite different than the scan gauge is showing. Keep us updated.

Good
I will do that
Thanks mentor;)

Quebecker
08-23-2011, 08:20 AM

Hello Carter,

At first, I think you're right. I think my scanGaude is problematic. Yesterday, he was pointing a consumption of 10 mpg, which is completely ridiculous. So I will work with the odometer and a full tank of gas every week. In one week, I make about 450-500 km.

Would you have the kindness to try to tell me something I can't understand ?

You and Ben mentioned me I need to allow time for the ECU to adapt (learn) to HHO gas. I gather that the ECU needs to rebuild its tables injections (SF and LF). In against part, you recommanded to reset the ECU every week (± 500km). If I reset The ECU, I lost all accumulated data. SO why allow time ECU to learn if I reset him each week ?:confused:

Thanks

myoldyourgold
08-23-2011, 01:47 PM
You and Ben mentioned me I need to allow time for the ECU to adapt (learn) to HHO gas. I gather that the ECU needs to rebuild its tables injections (SF and LF). In against part, you recommanded to reset the ECU every week (± 500km). If I reset The ECU, I lost all accumulated data. SO why allow time ECU to learn if I reset him each week ?

Reni, I can only tell you what I have experienced and what others have shared with me. The problem has been that gains are experienced at first and then slowly begin to get less and less over time as the adaptive learning capabilities of the computer seem to negate the gains in some cases. By resetting every so many kilometers for the first month, seems to help to maintain the the gain. How it actually works is unknown to me but it does seem to work in the cases that I am aware of its use both by me and others. This does not mean it will work in all cases but the more vehicles we try it on and collect data the more we can confirm it and or find those vehicles which it does not work on. Someone with some technical knowledge of how the computer is programed and how it handles the different maps/tables etc. should be able to explain this. I do not have that expertise and to complicate things programing varies from manufacture to manufacture, year to year and even model to model in some cases. It is my opinion that the best we can achieve is to keep the vehicle running at the leanest acceptable safe position allowed by the computer unless you take over completely by using a fuel ignition controller etc or reprogram the computer completely.

Quebecker
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi mentor,

Normal Average city consumption without HHO gas: 9.2 l/100 km

I send 0.7 LPM (control by CCPWM) of HHO gas directly above the intake.
My EFIE: Approx 7:30 o'clock for the WideBand and 215 mv for the Narrow Band.
HHO production control by level switch ;)

Distance: 303 km (240km city and 60 km highway)
Liters: 24.4
Average: 8 l/100 km

Approx. fuel saving for this setup : 11-13%

This afternoon, I reste the ECU and set my EFIE to 8:30 o'clock and 208 mv

Thank You Carter and Benjamin

koya1893
09-01-2011, 10:40 AM
IRENE has damage much of my house/shop. However, you need to start your EFIE at 9 0 clock and 250mv for the rear, re-set ECU run for two tank full, re-set and run on the same setting and then calculated MPG. Make sure you are feeding it at leasr 1 LPM.

Quebecker
09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Ben

Thanks you for this input

I will add a Apexi Neo to my installation. Do you have base setup for my engine ?

A+

Quebecker
09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
IRENE has damage much of my house/shop. However, you need to start your EFIE at 9 0 clock and 250mv for the rear, re-set ECU run for two tank full, re-set and run on the same setting and then calculated MPG. Make sure you are feeding it at leasr 1 LPM.

Hi,

I made ​​the recommended changes.
I think that 1 LPM is a lot but is worth a try

thanks
Remi

Stevo
09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
How many amps r u pulling to get 1 LPM? If it's close to 20 then that's way too many amps for that motor. Hondas dont have a lot of low-end torque compared to other cars. Also, if you have a distributor, you could try moving it counter-clockwise to set the base timing with a timing light. Yes this is the base timing adjustment not dynamic. 16-18 BTDC is normal so try either 14-16 or 19-20 and see which works better.

francodrr
01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi

I have worked that vehicle a few times. I generaly get great gains with o2 spacers and a map enhancer. Since you have the o2 sensor EFIE try it with the map enhancer.

Tune your map sensor about 15% down and you should be up to 35 miles per galon.

Also increase your hho production to about 1lpm+

I have archived 46mpg in one of those vehicles

Quebecker
01-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi

I have worked that vehicle a few times. I generaly get great gains with o2 spacers and a map enhancer. Since you have the o2 sensor EFIE try it with the map enhancer.

Tune your map sensor about 15% down and you should be up to 35 miles per galon.

Also increase your hho production to about 1lpm+

I have archived 46mpg in one of those vehicles

Thanks you

Quebecker
03-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Very very good result with new setup (LESS FOR MORE :p)

100km highway, strongs winds, -3°C, approx. only 0.3 LPM HHO and NO EFIE ==> 48 MPG

100km highway, no wind, -17°C, approx. only 0.3 LPM HHO and NO EFIE ==> 40 MPG

bernanke
08-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Quebecker, just wondering how many amps your running to get the 0.3LPM?

Thanks!

Quebecker
08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Quebecker, just wondering how many amps your running to get the 0.3LPM?

Thanks!

Approx. 4 amps

Madsceintist
08-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Approx. 4 amps

Quebecker

How is it going in your works, anything help with your HCS idea?