PDA

View Full Version : Faking out a computer feedback carburetor?

quincysweet
08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Hello. I am new to this forum but have been experimenting with HHO for about four years. I just bought an 89 Toyota pickup 2.4 22r engine and it is computer feedback carbureted. I have never tried messing with one of these because I have never had one. I have faked out EFI TBI and carb but this one is pretty tricky. I have heard from many people to not mess with computer feedback carbs because it is so easy to screw everything up and make it run way too rich or too lean. Is it worth trying to fake out or should I just get a 32/36 weber carb with an adapter plate? Please let me know.

I have a computer chip, 2 drycells and a bubbler/tank from my previous vehicle.

Thanks.

myoldyourgold
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Hello. I am new to this forum but have been experimenting with HHO for about four years. I just bought an 89 Toyota pickup 2.4 22r engine and it is computer feedback carbureted. I have never tried messing with one of these because I have never had one. I have faked out EFI TBI and carb but this one is pretty tricky. I have heard from many people to not mess with computer feedback carbs because it is so easy to screw everything up and make it run way too rich or too lean. Is it worth trying to fake out or should I just get a 32/36 weber carb with an adapter plate? Please let me know.

I have a computer chip, 2 drycells and a bubbler/tank from my previous vehicle.

Thanks.

The Toyota Carb/ECU controller is a little tricky in that it controls the smog system and the carb through vacuum diaphragm switches that control air bleed and the EGR. All the vacuum lines are subject to leaking over time and then the trouble starts. If you study the system you will find that this method could be applied mechanically to a fuel injected system to have it lean out too based on the 02 sensor/vacuum/EGR/PVC but is way to complicated. I have been working on that now for some time but have not got it down to something that is as simple as using an EFIE or fuel ignition controller (FIC). There is no electric operated jets, needles or anything that controls the carburetor itself, all of that is mechanical and normal.

http://www.autoshop101.com/autoshop15.html

quincysweet
08-22-2011, 01:18 PM
That is what I figured. I think it comes down to me messing with it a bunch, which I don't have time for or just throwing a Weber carb on it.