PDA

View Full Version : Spot my problem, please!

BAD MEDICINE
08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
with the following configuration and details.

+NN-NN- with stainless straps carrying the current. Straps are covered to within 1/2 inch of contacts.

Catalyst( eloctrolyte) is sodium hdroxide 2 teaspoons in 1 litre of tap water.

we are running at 9 or 10 amps.

We are only getting 400 mml pm.

I have seen similar configurations posted here and on youtube that are getting 1.0 -1.3 LPM.

A little help please.

This is the one that is going on the 600 cc bike, so for this it is fine, but it should produce more!

Thanks

Blinger101
08-03-2008, 01:48 PM
The plate configuration I think should be +NN-NN+. That just seems to be a common configuration from what I've read.

Also, maybe up the amperage a tiny bit? What's the voltage running at?

Stratous
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
with the following configuration and details.

+NN-NN- with stainless straps carrying the current. Straps are covered to within 1/2 inch of contacts.

Catalyst( eloctrolyte) is sodium hdroxide 2 teaspoons in 1 litre of tap water.

we are running at 9 or 10 amps.

We are only getting 400 mml pm.

I have seen similar configurations posted here and on youtube that are getting 1.0 -1.3 LPM.

A little help please.

This is the one that is going on the 600 cc bike, so for this it is fine, but it should produce more!

Thanks

You should run +NN-NN+ or +NNN-NNN+.

computerclinic
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
You should certainly be getting much more production by changing the plate config to the above recomended, you will likely be getting much more current draw that way, too...

You may want to re-evaluate your electrolyte mixture...It may be a bit strong, but then again, I am new to using the Potasium and Sodium Hydroxide and haven gotten a chance to really full on and out and out experiment with them yet, but all that I have learned here so far, is that you may be using a bit much and will likely overheat very quickly when you do change your plate config.

Also, the battery and charging system that you are using may be a factor...Is it running on the 600cc bike already or is that test from a car battery, or a charger? They may also make a difference as there is less amperage available in the smaller battery and charging system in the bike...

BAD MEDICINE
08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Hey Guys,

My dad posted under my name :rolleyes:

The configuration IS currently +nn-nn+

But we still have the problem with poor production.

Sorry for the misinformation. I think he has early onset dimentia :o. Ill have to set him up his own account here.

With the configuration as shown above, what could be the cause?

BoyntonStu
08-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Electrolyte?

What current?

Boyntonstu

daveczrn
08-03-2008, 10:28 PM
im thinkin either you didn't sand the plates in an x pattern to give more surface area(very benificial) orthe amperage isnt high enough

BAD MEDICINE
08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
About the above post...

Sorry my son is so touchy about my mistake, I think maybe he has late onset 'frontal lobe cranial development' (influences responses, manners, personality orders or disorders...) that should be done by about age 17 and he is past that! Or maybe I just mis-remembered and that was me also!

If I can remember I will set up my own account...now what was I doing?

Stratous
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Pictures of the cell would help. Also, information on electrolyte mixture, and current draw.

BAD MEDICINE
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
OK good news!

It was my power supply!

I was using a battery charger.

But today I hooked it up to the car.

800 Milliters Per Minute may not be spectacular but a lot closer to what I was expecting.

roughly 20 amps ( i dont have a way to measure amps) we just kept backing off on the electrolyte mixture until it quit blowing 20 amp fuses.

Voltage was probably around 12-13v

So 800 ml per minute should help my .65 liter motorcylce engine

Meat
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah, if your cycle's electrical system can handle an extra 20 amps. I'd love to put HHO on my ATV, but I think 5 or 10 amps is about the limit as far as extra electrical load is concerned. But, I am definitely not a motorcycle mechanic. Got the automotive training, however.

HYDROGYRO
08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
:D might be ok where u come from but around here we call that a "weenie unit
"!

It might power a weed eater!

Sheesh! :D