PDA

View Full Version : New member, big project planned

bobxzx
12-31-2011, 03:17 AM
Hi gang, brand new member here with quite a project in the works.

I've been intrested in this subject for many years but only just dived in full tilt boogie the past couple of days absorbing as much info on this subject as I could locate to assemble the best ideas I saw for testing.

I plan on incorporating a blue phoenix plasma booster similar to the aquapulser to my stock 98 chevy silverado & eventually inject micron sized water particles in the air intake mixing with the gas to ignite water directly & bypass hho altogether after discovering others have successfully ignited water using a plasma spark but before I get to that point I'll be doing some experimenting with mods I've read about & viewed on several different sites.

1st, I have on the way a diagnostic computer that plugs into the obd port which will give me among other things a/f ratio & mpg readouts which is all I'm needing to monitor my mods.

After the stock data is gathered for about 100 miles, in will go a set of brisk lgs plugs then another 100 miles of data.

My assumption is the lgs plugs even on a stock ignition will improve the combustion enough to increase the mpg & allow for leaning of the a/f ratio then my next move is to modify sensors 1 at a time to trick the computer to lean the fuel.

To make sure I'm staying within safe exhaust temperatures a sensor will be added to keep tabs on it.

1st sensor to get a mod will be the air temp sensor with a variable resistor & adjusted to tell the cpu incoming air is hotter than it is. I'll see just how much it affects the a/f ratio, if I can max it out and still have good engine performance I'll move on to the oxygen sensors and adjust their output to lean the a/f even more.

I'm guessing that the cpu has a program limit on how lean it will allow & if I reach it's limit then I'll need some advise on reprogramming the chip if anyone here has that expertise.

I'll also be playing with the timing as my understanding is a plasma spark creates a faster more violent burn thus a likely need to advance timing closer to tdc.

After all that testing is done & I've found the peak balance of a/f ratio, mpg & performance, then goes in the order for the plasma generator & more testing & tweaking.

I'll be posting results all through this process to keep everyone informed of the progress. Hopefully it'll be worth posting.

After I get the max I can with this setup then comes the real fun, Injecting water vapor fog via high pressure pump from a fogging nozzle.

If my intuition is correct I would expect the blast wave of the plasma annihilating the h2o bonds should cause the engine to surge faster & if this happens then the only thing left will be to play with the gas to water ratio & engineer a metering system to get the right balance.

Somewhere along this project I'm cutting out a foot or more section of radiator hose & section in a metal pipe in place of hose with a 3/8 tube welded thru it geet style passing gas thru it heated by the coolant before it enters the throttle body & the water fog will also get the same action but instead being passed thru a section of the exhaust pipe to superheat it before entering the intake.

If this contraption actually works good I'll be amazed but I know free energy is real & possible. I'm sick of the scum bag robber barons withholding it from us & stealing our hard earned money using energy as a means to keep us slaves so wish me luck & any comments or suggestions along the way, I'm all ears.......Bob

bobxzx
01-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Well the computer arived today with some dissapointing discoveries, the $250 dynodash unit I ordered doesn't read narrowband 02 sensors so i'll have to add wide band sensors to the exhaust if I wanna read a/f ratio which appears to be rather expensive. The other thing I discovered is there's no way to change the ignition timing except via a chip reprogrammer, about $500 bux for that gadget so already this project is starting to get out of control but I plan on plugging away at it tho but it'll take longer to earn the cash to support this thing. I wonder if anyone knows a way to tap into the existing sensors to decipher the a/f ratio? I do have mpg on the fly & average available tho so will work with that for the time being.

1st test report is I'm averaging 19-20mpg stock with no mods added. A fuel maxx module is now added to the a/t sensor, will report on that shortly. cheers all

bobxzx
01-07-2012, 10:16 PM
The fuel maxx module is junk, 130 miles of driving & no difference, sending it back. Since the iat sensor is a variable resistance adjusted by air temp, I decided to unplug it & put a variable pot in it's place to trick it into a hotter air temp reading, will report on that shortly meanwhile the brisk spark plugs should arrive this week & lurking the web huntin for the gadgets I'll need for this project I found an exhaust temp sensor kit for $50 I'll be ordering soon & best price I could find for a wide band 02 sensor kit was around $200 but won't need til I start seriously messing with the a/f ratio's also found a 12v 150 psi water pump for $120 that'll be part of the water fog injection to the air intake I'm planning after the plasma ignition system gets put on & hoping to have before the end of the month. Stay tuned for further updates. Cheers all!

myoldyourgold
01-08-2012, 12:01 AM
What year, make and model vehicle are you putting all of this on?

bobxzx
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
The Brisk LGS spark plugs arrived & were installed, 60miles tested so far with improvement of a meager 1-1.5 mpg. That'll take quite awhile for a payback at $100 for the set. The old standard plugs looked in pretty good shape so it tells me a well designed plug can give some gain in mpg. Next mod is to order the exhaust temp kit & find a mechanic to drill the manifold for the sensor. No more posts likely til then. cheers gang!

myoldyourgold
01-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Next mod is to order the exhaust temp kit & find a mechanic to drill the manifold for the sensor. No more posts likely til then. cheers gang!

Bobxyz, you do not need to put the probe in the manifold. Put it in as close to the manifold as convenient in the tail pipe. There is a kit that all you need to do is drill a hole in the tail pipe and clamp this devise on the pipe and screw in the probe. Takes hardly any time at all and if it is close enough to the header will make no difference at all. The exhaust has not traveled enough distance to cool down. The kit clamps on the pipe, so no welding or taping is required, costs about $30.

danser75
01-12-2012, 01:40 AM
I have been thinking of the f/a ratio meters myself once i get farther into it. I was wondering about haveing a volt meter hard wired to my o2 sensor. would give me some idea i think. when I get that far I will post if its worth talking about. If not then forget it was ever said.

myoldyourgold
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
There is going to be a new meter coming out soon that will give you accurate information on fuel usage. Will be able to use it to tune with or help you drive in the most economical way. I am not sure when it will hit the market but will let you know. It should be reasonably priced and easy to hook up. Will not use any OBD calculations either which is not accurate when using an EFIE.

Weapon_R
01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
There is going to be a new meter coming out soon that will give you accurate information on fuel usage. Will be able to use it to tune with or help you drive in the most economical way. I am not sure when it will hit the market but will let you know. It should be reasonably priced and easy to hook up. Will not use any OBD calculations either which is not accurate when using an EFIE.

myoldyourgold

Are you the one developing this device?

bobxzx
01-12-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm aware of the kit mentioned to strap a sensor to the exhaust & I agree that it's better to mount on the pipe rather than the manifold since it's cast iron & pretty difficult to drill so that advice I'm going with. I have the exhaust temp & a/f sensor ordered now & found a welder to install the buns. $166 for the a/f kit & $54 for the exhaust temp kit off ebay. Welder cost, not sure yet. Oh, forgot to mention in the 1st post, my engine is a 5.7 vortec. After they get installed the fun begins. Will prolly be another week & 1/2 before I'm ready to start the tinkering. cheers gang

bobxzx
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
I have been thinking of the f/a ratio meters myself once i get farther into it. I was wondering about haveing a volt meter hard wired to my o2 sensor. would give me some idea i think. when I get that far I will post if its worth talking about. If not then forget it was ever said.

Yes, you can use a volt meter from my research to evaluate the a/f ratio but only with a wideband sensor, On innovative motorsports web site they state 0 volts is about 7:1 & 5 volts, it's top output is about 22:1 using the bosch sensor & the shift is suppose to be smoothly linear so you should get a good sense of what your your looking at......bob

danser75
01-13-2012, 12:28 AM
well thats awesome information to have as i have at least bosch o2 sensors on the front two cylinders. I havent seen found or messed with the two in the back yet but i have tinkered under the hood a couple times to determine the places i want to try to mount the hho unit.

myoldyourgold
01-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Are you the one developing this device?

No, but a good friend and someone I trust is, and I am going to test it.

bobxzx
02-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Been a spell since the last post, got the o2 & exhaut sensors now & muffler shop is setting the fittings this week so some testing will start soon & be posted before very long. One note, since getting the computer monitor, I've found that different gas brands give more or less gas mileage as much as 2 mpg difference so I'm keeping data on that to report the best gas brands I've tried. See y'all soon!

bobxzx
02-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, happy to report sensors are installed & functioning as expected.....average a/f ratio is reading 14.5:1 as would be expected & exhaust temp ranges 750 degrees at low load to 1100 at heavy load when climbing hills. Next step is to tap into the 02 sensors & feed a phony rich voltage signal to the computer to trick it to lean out the ratio along with modifying the air temp sensor to do the same while monitoring the exhaust temp to see the effect on that & any fuel mileage & performance changes. After those tests are completed, the order for the 12volt water pump, fogging nozzles & related hardware goes in, about $200 worth of stuff, to feed water fog vapor into the intake. I'll report anything noteworthy of posting as it happens. cheers gang......bob