PDA

View Full Version : Awsome Electrolyte!

GoHydrogen!!
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Recently several people in my family including my dad and I have really gotten into the concept of separating hydrogen out of water through electrolysis. We now have a working unit on our work truck and have found a great electrolyte for it! It's basically ocean water evaporated down from 100 gallons to 1 gallon. In this process 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride precipitate out of the solution. So, we are left with a great electrolyte and you can tell when you see that hydrogen bubble up! We are currently selling these on ebay it's well worth taking a look at. Just type in HHO electrolyte under all items and it will bring you right to it. Hope this helps a lot of you out, it sure has helped us!

computerclinic
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Sounds to me like its a heavy concentration of sea salt in the mix. I think it would do as a good electrolyte on the bench, but be careful because the salt water will produce chlorine gas as an electrolysis by product and can not only affect your health and well being, but also pose a threat to your engine components because it is a corrosive gas.

LinChiek
08-04-2008, 12:54 AM
pls do not use seawater as electrolyte.....

dennis13030
08-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey, what a great idea to sell sea water by calling it "Great Electrolyte".

Besides the deadly gas
http://keelynet.com/interact/archive/00001749.htm

How about the effects of chlorine gas(long term use) on an engine?

I could make a couple million dollars by killing people and doing damage to so many vehicles. Yea..thats it, thats the ticket...yea.

LinChiek
08-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Pls Do Not Use Salt As Ur Electrolyte...! :)

HYDROTEKPRO
08-05-2008, 02:35 AM
KOH (Potassium Hydroxide) is available in several places on the net.

Not very nice to knowingly sell deadly and destructive products to people.

LinChiek
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
if can't get KOH and NaOh... maybe can make ur own lye... :D

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Lye

dennis13030
08-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Not very nice to knowingly sell deadly and destructive products to people.

I agree.

The tobacco companies do it.

daveczrn
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
so what.. your taking the water out and leaving us with the deadly chemicals to get rid of? wow... what a concept.

smartHHO
08-05-2008, 01:31 PM
You got to check it out. Guy even says on the bottle that it is super clean. OMG, that is so wrong. TOXIC is not good.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZHHOQ20electrolyteQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ _mdoZ

nickalderson
08-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think any toxic fumes are left behind from desalination of water, which is what he is doing. The water molecules are evaporated out of the salt water and then the condensation is collected, thereby separating the water from the salt. I think what is left behind is salt. Kind of like the salt flats that people drive cars really fast on. I also think this desalinated water would be useless as an electrolyte. I do agree that this seems pretty scammy.

With that said, while this process may not be a great idea for an electrolyte, you may want to consider it if you are ever stranded on a deserted island and need some drinking water. You can actually do this with your urine as well, if you are stuck in the desert. Isn't the Discovery Channel great.

LinChiek
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I don't think any toxic fumes are left behind from desalination of water, which is what he is doing. The water molecules are evaporated out of the salt water and then the condensation is collected, thereby separating the water from the salt. I think what is left behind is salt. Kind of like the salt flats that people drive cars really fast on. I also think this desalinated water would be useless as an electrolyte. I do agree that this seems pretty scammy.

With that said, while this process may not be a great idea for an electrolyte, you may want to consider it if you are ever stranded on a deserted island and need some drinking water. You can actually do this with your urine as well, if you are stuck in the desert. Isn't the Discovery Channel great.
he's not collecting the condensation.... he's collecting the remaining of the evaporated seawater....

nickalderson
08-06-2008, 12:26 PM
he's not collecting the condensation.... he's collecting the remaining of the evaporated seawater....

Yeah, you're right. I misread what he was doing.

Still, forget about this electrolyte, and use the technique I mentioned the next time you find yourself wandering through the desert alone with no water, or the next time pirates kidnap you and leave you stranded on a small island in the middle of the Caribbean. It happens all the time.

BAD MEDICINE
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Got any ocean front property in Arizona I can buy too?

djerickd
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Uhh guys... before anyone bashes the OP again:

he does say

"99% of the sodium and most of the chloride precipitate OUT of the solution."

this is interesting... he has a great arguement for it on ebay:

SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WITH THE OTHER FUEL
CELL ELECTROLYTES THAT ARE IN COMMON USE

Baking soda is plainly problematic. It leaves a white residue that is hard to get out.

Sodium Citrate starts bubbling up into the hose, and puts an orange residue in the air intake system.

KOH – potassium hydroxide crystals put out a lot of hydrogen gas, but also put out hydrodge sulfide, which is highly toxic, something like nerve gas. Most of the law suits coming out of HHO production are because of this toxic gas. Potassium Hydroxide in powder form emits the same toxic gas, plus it can burn the skin.

Sodium Hydroxide powder is not as bad as potassium hydroxide. It produces a lot of gas, but also produces hydrogen sulfide gas, and if you get Sodium Hydroxide powder on your skin, it will burn. Also, aluminum is highly reactive with it. Sodium Hydroxide will quickly dissolve aluminum.

Tap water shortens the life of the Fuel Cell. It leaves a lot of residue, and doesn’t seem to produce enough gas.

Distilled vinegar, though we have found it to be the next best thing to AG-USA’s Electrolyte, isn’t pure. It has it’s unwanted contaminants. Plus it is more bulky to transport.

is this not true?

based on this info I would be interested in toying with distilled vinegar...

Does the OP have a response?

LinChiek
08-07-2008, 05:29 AM
# KOH – potassium hydroxide crystals put out a lot of hydrogen gas, but also put out hydrodge sulfide, which is highly toxic, something like nerve gas. Most of the law suits coming out of HHO production are because of this toxic gas. Potassium Hydroxide in powder form emits the same toxic gas, plus it can burn the skin.
# Sodium Hydroxide powder is not as bad as potassium hydroxide. It produces a lot of gas, but also produces hydrogen sulfide gas, and if you get Sodium Hydroxide powder on your skin, it will burn. Also, aluminum is highly reactive with it. Sodium Hydroxide will quickly dissolve aluminum.
where does the sulfide come from? :rolleyes:

Phantom240
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Sounds like a crock of made-up shit to me.

daveczrn
08-07-2008, 04:19 PM
where does the sulfide come from? :rolleyes:

Well since we are all using water that's not distilled and has high levels of sulfer in it it does produce hydrogen sulfide. ;)

yea.. not believing anything in his post really.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Recently several people in my family including my dad and I have really gotten into the concept of separating hydrogen out of water through electrolysis. We now have a working unit on our work truck and have found a great electrolyte for it! It's basically ocean water evaporated down from 100 gallons to 1 gallon. In this process 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride precipitate out of the solution. So, we are left with a great electrolyte and you can tell when you see that hydrogen bubble up! We are currently selling these on ebay it's well worth taking a look at. Just type in HHO electrolyte under all items and it will bring you right to it. Hope this helps a lot of you out, it sure has helped us!

There is also either a contradiction there, a confusion, or just plain dishonest and deceptive sales talk. Here's the deal.

Ocean water evaporated down from 100 gallons to 1 gallon, or whatever, is just like the salt evaporation ponds used to collect salt. Therefore, if this is true, you get the salt from 100 gallons in only 1 gallon. This is ocean water being evaporated down, which is what he said.

Then he says 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride precipitate out of the solution. The only way that the sodium and chloride can precipitate (rain is the precipitation of water from gaseous cloud form) out of the seawater is for it to be boiled into steam, and the water from that steam then collected afterwards on a cold surface where it can drip down into a container, which is distillation. This means that they are distilling the seawater, which is a contradiction to evaporating it down (different processes). So now he says they're distilling it.

Well, which one is it? Are they really going to the trouble to actually distill the seawater? Are they just doing an accelerated version of evaporating it down, by boiling it and then selling the smaller amount of the remaining, concentrated seawater? Or are they just selling seawater? Or are they just selling either tap water, or distilled water, with only a small percentage (like maybe 10%) of seawater in it? This last one sounds like the one I would use if I wanted to make a fast buck about something I didn't know about or care about!

GoHydrogen!!
08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Perhaps you didn't note that this isn't "sea water". When you remove 99% of the sodium, and most of the chloride and calcium, it changes its effects. We have had this tested by experts in the field, and their conclusion was that it was the best electrolyte they had seen.

Somehow the mineral complex in ocean water (minus the NaCL) works quite well as an electrolyte.

GoHydrogen!!
08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I am sorry that you didn't understand the post. When I say that the NaCl precipitates out of solution, I mean that the NaCl solidifies. In the evaporation process, when the water reaches a specific gravity of 1.2, the NaCl begins to solidify. By the time you reach a specific gravity of 1.29, close to 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride have solidified. The liquid concentrate is then pumped out, leaving behind the NaCl, which is now a solid. The remaining metals in the liquid are what make our electrolyte. The solution is 23% mineral, 77% water. And yes, in scientific research, it is proving itself very useful as an electrolyte for Hydrolysis. It generates as much hydrogen as 20% horticultural grade vinegar, and leaves almost no residue on the plates.

How does it compare to other electrolytes?

Baking soda is plainly problematic. It leaves a white residue that is hard to get out.

Sodium Citrate starts bubbling up into the hose, and puts an orange residue in the air intake system.

KOH – potassium hydroxide crystals put out a lot of hydrogen gas, but also put out hydrodge sulfide, which is highly toxic, something like nerve gas. Most of the law suits coming out of HHO production are because of this toxic gas. It is also quite corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

Sodium Hydroxide powder is not as bad as potassium hydroxide. It produces a lot of gas, but also produces hydrogen sulfide gas, and if you get Sodium Hydroxide powder on your skin, it will burn. Also, aluminum is highly reactive with it. Sodium Hydroxide will quickly dissolve aluminum. Sodium Hydroxide is also very corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

Tap water shortens the life of the Fuel Cell. It leaves a lot of residue, and doesn’t seem to produce enough gas.

Distilled vinegar, though we have found it to be the next best thing to our sea mineral electrolyte, it isn’t pure. It has it’s unwanted contaminants. Plus it is more bulky to transport.

dennyk159
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
KOH – potassium hydroxide crystals put out a lot of hydrogen gas, but also put out hydrodge sulfide, which is highly toxic, something like nerve gas. Most of the law suits coming out of HHO production are because of this toxic gas. It is also quite corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

Sodium Hydroxide powder is not as bad as potassium hydroxide. It produces a lot of gas, but also produces hydrogen sulfide gas, and if you get Sodium Hydroxide powder on your skin, it will burn. Also, aluminum is highly reactive with it. Sodium Hydroxide will quickly dissolve aluminum. Sodium Hydroxide is also very corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

First off, I don't doubt your product is worthy of electrolysis. But when you make statements like KOH & NaOH produces sulfides, I have a problem with that. It is a possibility if the water is from the tap in the kitchen or from a sulfur spring, but using distilled or deionized water has ZERO sulfur to form sulfides. I agree that lye is somewhat toxic if mishandled, but at the concentration I'm using, it's hardly a soap much less an irritant. I can't speak for KOH, but I'm fairly certain neither will produce sulfides when mixed with H2O & electrolyzed.

GoHydrogen!!
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
You have a point about the sulfides. I will check back with the man who made this statement, and see what he has to say. He is very knowledgeable in his field, and works as a consultant for 2 large companies that produce HHO units for commercial applications of which I am not free to talk about.

Thank you for at least giving our product the benefit of the doubt.

BigTruck
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
There is a lot of good info on this thread. We are here to learn and experiment. I'm willing to gamble $15. to check it out.

I agree that too much salt is bad, because it can break down the natural protective coating on SS that keeps it from corroding. The other reasons given also have merit.

My gut tells me that GoHydrogen may have something. The makeup of the remaining 23% minerals should be what we focus on. Nature has always been smarter than man.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I would definitely like to be wrong, in my conclusion about this product. I am looking forward to apologizing if I am. As a new, green and practical technology, it would be great to have another discovery right around the corner. That's what this forum is all about!

There is also a mention about "...all the lawsuits coming out of HHO..." Are there any specific examples available? Surely this wouldn't be a scare tactic to induce a purchase?

Please do show us that this product is something a knowledgeable HHO user would want.

LinChiek
08-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Well since we are all using water that's not distilled and has high levels of sulfer in it it does produce hydrogen sulfide. ;)

yea.. not believing anything in his post really.
i'm using distilled water....... :D

LinChiek
08-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Perhaps you didn't note that this isn't "sea water". When you remove 99% of the sodium, and most of the chloride and calcium, it changes its effects. We have had this tested by experts in the field, and their conclusion was that it was the best electrolyte they had seen.

Somehow the mineral complex in ocean water (minus the NaCL) works quite well as an electrolyte.
sound more like a scam to me...... :rolleyes:

LinChiek
08-08-2008, 02:06 AM
I am sorry that you didn't understand the post. When I say that the NaCl precipitates out of solution, I mean that the NaCl solidifies. In the evaporation process, when the water reaches a specific gravity of 1.2, the NaCl begins to solidify. By the time you reach a specific gravity of 1.29, close to 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride have solidified. The liquid concentrate is then pumped out, leaving behind the NaCl, which is now a solid. The remaining metals in the liquid are what make our electrolyte. The solution is 23% mineral, 77% water. And yes, in scientific research, it is proving itself very useful as an electrolyte for Hydrolysis. It generates as much hydrogen as 20% horticultural grade vinegar, and leaves almost no residue on the plates.
u will still have NaCl in ur electrolyte even most of it already solidified...

How does it compare to other electrolytes?

Distilled vinegar, though we have found it to be the next best thing to our sea mineral electrolyte, it isn’t pure. It has it’s unwanted contaminants. Plus it is more bulky to transport.
I'd tested my cell with NaOH + distilled water, no odor at all... :D

can u bring me the chemistry equation for the production of hydrogen sulphide in electrolysis using NaOH + distilled water (dH2O)? :rolleyes:

Humans can smell the odour of hydrogen sulphide at 0.02ppm, and for comparison sake, a pungent flatus (or fart) will produce around 0.03ppm of hydrogen sulfide; Source: wikipedia
btw, what law suits?

here's the emission test result using Sodium Bicarbonate as electrolyte.....

http://texas-hho.com/emissions-tests.php

LinChiek
08-08-2008, 02:09 AM
First off, I don't doubt your product is worthy of electrolysis. But when you make statements like KOH & NaOH produces sulfides, I have a problem with that. It is a possibility if the water is from the tap in the kitchen or from a sulfur spring, but using distilled or deionized water has ZERO sulfur to form sulfides. I agree that lye is somewhat toxic if mishandled, but at the concentration I'm using, it's hardly a soap much less an irritant. I can't speak for KOH, but I'm fairly certain neither will produce sulfides when mixed with H2O & electrolyzed.
yeap.... unless u r using water from sulfur spring.....

Stevo
08-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I know I am brand new here, but I have been keeping up w/ this thread. I actually have purchased a bottle of this stuff and will be using it with distilled water starting with a mixture of 500 ppm and moving up from there. I will let you all know how it goes.

gizzy
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Lye sounded to me like it is the best electrolite to keep the temp and amps at it's most optimal range. Personally think of all the issues like this. Look at the emmissions a vehicle put's out. All the carbon and exhaust smell that is associated without using hho. From what I see so far is making hho how ever certainly is the cleanest fuel that is out there. Anyhow?

Stevo
08-12-2008, 11:29 PM
I conducted a small test tonight using a 2 L container (filled with 1 L of distilled water) and 1/4 tsp of this "Fuel Cell Electrolyte - Minimal Residue". I used a simple 2 plate setup (1 neg and 1 pos); sizing was 2x2" ea. 304 stainless.

Pass #1 ("Fuel Cell Electrolyte - Minimal Residue" 1/4 tsp + 1 L distilled water)

Total Time: 5 minutes
Power Source: 12V Car Battery

Results: Immediately noticed moderate bubbling and size of bubbles (scale of 1-5) was approx a 2. Not 30 seconds after beginning electrolysis, the electrolyte began to turn yellowish-gold and by the end of the 5 minutes looked very much like a Coors Light. Bubbling did not appear to increase after approx 1 minute of electrolyzing.

=====================

Pass #2 (standard baking soda 1/4 tsp + distilled water)

Total Time: 5 minutes
Power Source: 12V Car Battery

Results: Immediately noticed moderate to heavy bubbling and size of bubble (scale of 1-5) was approx a 1 with a lot more very tiny bubbles (almost making areas of output white in color). After 5 minutes of electrolyzing, water had only gained approx 2% yellowish-gold color which remained almost unnoticeable. Bubbling did not appear to increase after 30 seconds of electrolyzing.

++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I sure would like to understand the "Coors Light" effect that I am getting from the "Fuel Cell Electrolyte - Minimal Residue" product. I have seen this with tap water and baking soda, but as stated above did not see the yellowish-gold color with distilled water and baking soda in Pass #2.

I have, however, read a bit about Hexavalent Chromium (CrVI) possibly leaching out into the water and am wondering if this is the color change I am seeing due to Hexavalent Chromium having a dark red color in solid form.

My conclusion is that until I can understand what the discoloration is associated with exactly, I will not use the "Fuel Cell Electrolyte - Minimal Residue" electrolyte in my unit. From reading a few threads, it also sounds like baking soda is not an option for me as well.

gizzy
08-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I haven't been actually experimenting with electrolites, but I'm in search of the best type available. I have a 18 plate stainless sealed case. roughly a design to fit 6X6 plates. I have a bubbler that will be attached. I do not want the rust affects that the bakiing soda does. I understand from the people who make these, that the amperage with the soda is very unstable with the soda. They recommended distilled water and distilled vinegar to a gallon. Also with a half teaspoon of baking soda. After I see the effects of the water 4 gas mason jar type generator with baking soda. There certainly has to be a better electrolite. This is were the sodium hydroxide and thre pottasium hydroxide came in to play with the forum feeds.

wlf89
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
he has done sold about 175 auctions of that crap at 14.95 thats $2616 thats alot of people that got ripped off and theres some people in his feedback that say it ruined they plates

Stevo
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeh it was sorta worth the effort in trying, but would have been better had it only cost $5. Anyway, I'm going with what has been proven here: Potassium Hydroxide or maybe Sodium Hydroxide. Either of those with distilled water should be able to work well for me without side effects. Of course I won't need as much theoretically, since my cell will have 37 plates spaced at approximately .039. :D

HYDROTEKPRO
08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
he has done sold about 175 auctions of that crap at 14.95 thats $2616 thats alot of people that got ripped off and theres some people in his feedback that say it ruined they plates

WHY am I not surprised?

GoHydrogen!!
08-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Concerning the question of where the Hydrogen Sulfide comes from in Potassium Hydroxide.
The answer is that there is sulfide in both the K, and in the lime they get the Potash from.

As you mentioned, I have sold a lot of our electrolyte. I have also received a substantial amount of feedback through email, and most all the feedback is positive. It is working for people. Does it work for everyone? Apparently not. But it is working for a large amount of people.

I also have a couple of companies that mass produce units for larger HHO applications that love our electrolyte, and say they will be using it in the future.

They have found that by combining it with another electrolyte it is producing more HHO for the amps then either electrolyte by itself (over a 50% increase), and forming substantially less reddish brown residue. I have used a version of their formula, and it is working great. I have made this new formula available to anyone who purchases a bottle of our electrolyte, so that they can experiment with it if they like. At the moment, it looks quite promising.

If you have purchased a bottle of our electrolyte and would like the new electrolyte formula, just email me, and I will send it to you.

I am not claiming to have all the answers, but I do believe that the Lord has given us something here that is going to prove helpful for HHO production. I would not have even thought of using our condensed sea minerals as an electrolyte except that the Lord spoke very clearly to my partner that our product was going to be used for energy production. I told him that I thought he was wrong, but he came back very strongly that God had spoken this clearly to him, so whether I believed it or not, it was what he heard.

From there I sent a sample to a friend of ours in Kansas (who now is running 90% on HHO on his pickup), and asked him to try it. He did, and came back with very strong praise on how well it worked. Good gas production, but he didn't see hardly any build up problems on the plates.

Next I had a man contact me that markets HHO units commercially. He sent a sample to their consultant, who then called me and purchased a 5 gallon bucket. He is the one who I quote on my eBay auctions. He said that it was the best electrolyte he had seen. Because they are commercially marketing HHO systems, Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide are just not an option for them. He is the one that told me about the law suits. For him this is a very real danger. He said that he was getting excellent gas production with our electrolyte, without the harmful gases. When they tested for hydrogen sulfide gas with our product, the tests came back negative.

Then he is the one who tried mixing our electrolyte with the electrolyte they were using, and their HHO production went up by over 50%. He is now using this new formula in his motor home with great success.

These large companies warned me about marketing on eBay, because there are a lot of people out there who don't really know what they are doing, and they might not get the good results that our electrolyte is capable of. But many of these people who buy on eBay are like me - they are scientists at heart, and are looking for ways to improve their HHO efficiency. So I have decided to market it on eBay.

As I said above, many people are seeing good results with our electrolyte, and a number have not. I do what I can to work with any customer who contacts me with a problem, to help them find a solution. If I can't help them, I am very quick to refund them their money.

I am not in this just to make money. My heart is the same as yours. I want to see answers come forth in energy production, for the good of mankind. May God direct our steps, and as we pool our knowledge, give us the breakthroughs we are looking for.

By the way, if any of you are interested in contacting my friend Caddie in Kansas, the one who is now running his pickup on 90% HHO and only 10% on gasoline, please let me know. He has a few more adjustments to make, and he is hoping to go to total HHO operation. Yes, he is using a pulsed signal, and matching it to the resonance of the water.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not a chemist, so I'll let somebody else address the hydrogen sulfide issue. Even if it IS true, I'm not convinced there's enough of it to do any damage. Quite a few people use KOH with excellent results. It still seems to be the leading electrolyte chemical by a long shot.

KOH electrolyte damaging? That just sounds like a sales pitch to me.

"Oh no! Don't use THEIR product, it's bad. Use OUR product, it's better."

Slamming the competitor without them present, in front of the prospect, is one of the oldest sales techniques there is.

IF your product is really good like you are saying, then I hope you sell thousands of bottles.

gizzy
08-17-2008, 01:01 AM
:confused:Today I finished an installation I been working on for about a week comforming and figuring out everything I had to do. I been using a water 4 gas unit as I been doing this other installation. So I got my unit done that I bought from a guy on ebay also. It's a 6X6" 18 plate unit with a a bubbler. It holds 3/4 of a gallon or a little better with the bubbler half full. I used 1 teaspoon of lye to a gallon of distilled water. I was very impressed with the hho production. It was just blowing away the teases of the mason jar. Anyhow I was checking the voltage which was around 10.5v and the amps stayed at 11amps I ran this thing for about 10 minutes and all of a sudden one of my connectors basically melted the glue on the post were the ground was connected and was very hot, water dripping out. Hurried and shut it down totally confused. Volt's seemed good, amps looked very good. Water was cool. My HHO box was warm but not hot at all. I used #8 wire and all fittings were all good and everything tight... I'll be darn if in my mine I can figure this out. Do you guys have any thought's? My question is the 10.5 volts? Usually I'm around 14. I'm thinking maybe one of the plates are grounding out in the unit... Am I on the right trac here?

HYDROTEKPRO
08-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Really hard to say without pics.

Step away from it for an hour or so and then come back. Go over every detail of your system in daylight, every connection, every plate, check everything. Loose electrical connections have more difficulty conducting electricity, and get warm or even hot as a result. This would be too much resistence for the electricity at that connection. Could this of happened at that connection?

About the 10 volts vs. the 14 volts normally, not too sure. I am sure somebody here does know though. Was it the battery, the alternator? Did a loose electrical connection provide enough resistence to lower that voltage from 14 to 10? Are there any loose plates in the electrolyzer?

If you fix it in the morning, tell us what it was.

Anybody else?

gizzy
08-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi, I was checking at the battery, My ground wire was getting hot though. Ii have it grounded to a main central ground. I'm just going to take the lid off later and see what's going on here. One of my thoughts also is the studs, I don't think there stainless and I'll be changing them out.

jimbo40
08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
One of the problems with this forum is that we don't get answers in the post topic.
This topic is Electrolyes and which ones are best.
Not hey why did my generator crap out.
Great hijack man, good thing you don't do airplane's

HYDROTEKPRO
08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
He's right. Gizzy should have started a new thread either in Q & A, or General Discussion.

Moving right along then, I still prefer KOH as an awesome electrolyte.

This seawater product is interesting, but I'm not yet sold on it.

gizzy
08-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I was wondering on how to start a new thread. So just go to questions and answers. I thank ya'll

LinChiek
08-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Concerning the question of where the Hydrogen Sulfide comes from in Potassium Hydroxide.
The answer is that there is sulfide in both the K, and in the lime they get the Potash from.

As you mentioned, I have sold a lot of our electrolyte. I have also received a substantial amount of feedback through email, and most all the feedback is positive. It is working for people. Does it work for everyone? Apparently not. But it is working for a large amount of people.

I also have a couple of companies that mass produce units for larger HHO applications that love our electrolyte, and say they will be using it in the future.

They have found that by combining it with another electrolyte it is producing more HHO for the amps then either electrolyte by itself (over a 50% increase), and forming substantially less reddish brown residue. I have used a version of their formula, and it is working great. I have made this new formula available to anyone who purchases a bottle of our electrolyte, so that they can experiment with it if they like. At the moment, it looks quite promising.

If you have purchased a bottle of our electrolyte and would like the new electrolyte formula, just email me, and I will send it to you.

I am not claiming to have all the answers, but I do believe that the Lord has given us something here that is going to prove helpful for HHO production. I would not have even thought of using our condensed sea minerals as an electrolyte except that the Lord spoke very clearly to my partner that our product was going to be used for energy production. I told him that I thought he was wrong, but he came back very strongly that God had spoken this clearly to him, so whether I believed it or not, it was what he heard.

From there I sent a sample to a friend of ours in Kansas (who now is running 90% on HHO on his pickup), and asked him to try it. He did, and came back with very strong praise on how well it worked. Good gas production, but he didn't see hardly any build up problems on the plates.

Next I had a man contact me that markets HHO units commercially. He sent a sample to their consultant, who then called me and purchased a 5 gallon bucket. He is the one who I quote on my eBay auctions. He said that it was the best electrolyte he had seen. Because they are commercially marketing HHO systems, Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide are just not an option for them. He is the one that told me about the law suits. For him this is a very real danger. He said that he was getting excellent gas production with our electrolyte, without the harmful gases. When they tested for hydrogen sulfide gas with our product, the tests came back negative.

Then he is the one who tried mixing our electrolyte with the electrolyte they were using, and their HHO production went up by over 50%. He is now using this new formula in his motor home with great success.

These large companies warned me about marketing on eBay, because there are a lot of people out there who don't really know what they are doing, and they might not get the good results that our electrolyte is capable of. But many of these people who buy on eBay are like me - they are scientists at heart, and are looking for ways to improve their HHO efficiency. So I have decided to market it on eBay.

As I said above, many people are seeing good results with our electrolyte, and a number have not. I do what I can to work with any customer who contacts me with a problem, to help them find a solution. If I can't help them, I am very quick to refund them their money.

I am not in this just to make money. My heart is the same as yours. I want to see answers come forth in energy production, for the good of mankind. May God direct our steps, and as we pool our knowledge, give us the breakthroughs we are looking for.

By the way, if any of you are interested in contacting my friend Caddie in Kansas, the one who is now running his pickup on 90% HHO and only 10% on gasoline, please let me know. He has a few more adjustments to make, and he is hoping to go to total HHO operation. Yes, he is using a pulsed signal, and matching it to the resonance of the water.where's the proof of lawsuit concerning the use of KOH as electrolyte?

bring me some scientific explanation how much of the Hydrogen Sulfide (ppm) being produced comparing to your Chlorine gases. :rolleyes:

ElectricSquid
08-19-2008, 11:51 PM
So, I'd like to know more about distiled vinegar as an electrolyte in a system that is used on a truck engine.

First off, what's an optimum mix ratio with distiled water? (Does size of the unit, or distance of the plates matter in figuring that out?)

Also, what happens to the 2 carbons in H3C-COOH?

godoveryou
08-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Obviously he was just attempting to sell something. He even told everyone where they could buy it. The post should be locked or removed.

LinChiek
08-22-2008, 09:45 AM
So, I'd like to know more about distiled vinegar as an electrolyte in a system that is used on a truck engine.

First off, what's an optimum mix ratio with distiled water? (Does size of the unit, or distance of the plates matter in figuring that out?)

Also, what happens to the 2 carbons in H3C-COOH?
the mixture ratio depends on the gap of ur plates...... ;)

Stevo
08-24-2008, 12:51 AM

Yes, indeed I have purchased a bottle from you for $14.95 plus shipping. I will be emailing you for a bottle of the new stuff. I guess if you really are not here to sell something, then you will send the new stuff without hesitation. Sorry, if this sounds harsh, but you should understand the skepticism. <no smiley available for current emotion>

GOplayer
08-31-2008, 08:37 AM
I like your way of thinking and check it out for yourself. Please share it with the rest of us what you find!!! I am also beginning to get a cold foot here about electrolytes. Chemistry is a serous business and for those of us who are far to be experts, these claims and warnings listed in this thread must be a strong warning sign to slow down and start identifying the sources who KNOW what they are talking about! When it comes to Chemistry and the production of combustible & poisonous gases I think we should all look for unbiased experts! Furthermore we need to have the gas output analyzed! Now to do reliable gas analyses I’d think it would not be cheap. But we are as a community can pull our resources together and hire a firm or two to do the work and get the guess work out of this debate as to which electrolyte is the best. I’d participate in a cooperative effort to bring RELIABLE date to this debate!
Perhaps a poll can be set up and monitor participant willing to put in $10-$15 for this project just like this fellow was willing to try out something. As a group however we can go further and while experimenting with different HOD Gen design is a good thing to do (yes for diversity) the Electrolyte business is too serious to leave its details to guess work! Today I just found out the basic mistakes I did like mixing lye with water is important in which order to do it. Making basic mistakes like this leaves me thinking just how many other mistakes we do and what damages we do to others when we give advice and share our enthusiastic experiences?

GOplayer
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Note: The order in which mixing the chemicals with water!!! KOH or NaOH must be added to the water and not the other way around. I am not yet sure about the explanation (still waiting for someone to enlighten me about this basic chemistry question) but I learned it on the hard way!

GOplayer
08-31-2008, 09:36 AM
This is the kind of information that we need! The hearsay info about electrolytes are plainly not enough for those of us who need reliable working solution without taking the chances to do something harmful to ourselves, others or equipments. I believe that most people are well intended but this area of experimentation requires more attention to details that one may prepared to pay! Let us know when you find more solid data source! We need reliable, clear, unbiased data on electrolytes!