PDA

View Full Version : Noob with Map Enhancer question

HHO Fuelin' Around
08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post....WOW there's a lot of know how on this forum. With this in mind, I'm hoping to find someone that has installed a generator on a Chevy with the 4.2L inline six engine. From what I've read, installing the generator w/o a Map enhancer is mostly a waste of time. So, can anyone tell me which wire that they tapped the map enhancer into. I have a "Smack's Booster" type generator and everything is at a standstill until I can get this step completed. I've tried to determine the voltage in the wires with a multimeter, and either I'm not tapping into the plug correctly or my multimeter isn't working correctly.

Thanks so very much for your help

Gary...HHO Fuelin' Around:confused:

daveczrn
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Best bet would be to find a forum for your vehicle. Ask some questions about the MAP sensor, and just try to figure out what wire your trying to use from there. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT HHO ON YOUR VEHICLES FORUM, don't even tell them what your really doing.... there are many people that will flame you and your question will not get answered.

with how many diffrent cars there are out there it's much harder for us to have that info for you. But we can help you make a kick ass generator.

wernbfe
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
well are there 3 wires, usually one is ground. the other two will have either 5 o 12 volts on them. the one with the lower voltage is your signal line to the ecu. you can confirm this by connecting you meter to that line with the motor on and pull the throttle you will see a change in the voltage on yout meter.

HHO Fuelin' Around
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I'll give it another try. I did PM somebody on a Trailblazer forum about this same question because he was interested in HHO technology but he hadn't gotten that far with his efforts.