PDA

View Full Version : Colloidal silver as electrolyte?

Cloudy2Clear
03-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Colloidal silver may have been tested as an electrolyte for dry cells, and maybe it hasn't. It certainly increases the conductivity of water and is very eco-friendly. The +charged silver ions suspended in the water may be attracted to the -charged side of the plates. They may clump there. This might reduce the production of O. Then again, the -charged silver ions may react completely different from my swag (sloppy wild azzed guess). Perhaps someone could try colloidal silver in a dry cell. Would sure revolutionize the dry cell if it works. Maybe some feedback, please? Thanks.

myoldyourgold
03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
What about cost and availability?

Cloudy2Clear
03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Cost and availability are not much of an issue with colloidal silver. One can make hundreds of gallons with 2 ounces of silver plus a small amount of electricity (and the distilled water).
If the O atoms coming off of the - side of the plate keep the silver ions from attaching to the - plate, this could be revolutionary. Sure hope someone does a lpm test using CS soon.

Weapon_R
03-06-2012, 12:27 AM
This has already been suggested by others in the past.
Currently working on this. The usual 10-20 ppm is way too low for any appreciable output.

Cloudy2Clear
03-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Well, at least I wasn't the only one thinking along the lines of colloidal silver. If someone is currently working on this, I hope they crank up the ppm in the CS. Will get much more conductivity with heavier silver ion saturation. Thanks for the input gents.

Weapon_R
03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, at least I wasn't the only one thinking along the lines of colloidal silver. If someone is currently working on this, I hope they crank up the ppm in the CS. Will get much more conductivity with heavier silver ion saturation. Thanks for the input gents.

I believe colloidal gold my be better.