PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Square Ss Tube Config.

homersimpson30
08-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Can I get some comments and feedback on this desighn before I start to build it please. I feel that the square tube is better than the round tube because you are using more surface area. Would you guys agre? What would be the best thickness to use, .065 or .120 ??????????

c02cutter
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll model it and let you know

c02cutter
08-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Hold on, I see your configuration and see no sence. I'll model why and show you.

homersimpson30
08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll model it and let you know
Your going to try it??? I hope so cuz the place where I found the square SS pipes are kinda expensive.

c02cutter
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
The design you posted looks like this using the colors you designated in your idea....

http://c02cutter.com/web/basic2.jpg

Straight on top view...

http://c02cutter.com/web/basic.jpg

I feel that with using the gaps in conjunction with a neutral tube would be flawed, If I was going to produce the same cell, Here is what I would do again using your colors...

http://c02cutter.com/web/what%20i%20would%20do.jpg

and this...

http://c02cutter.com/web/2.jpg

homersimpson30
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
So why no neutrals?? Lots of people in the forums say that neutrals are good. So do you think the square pipe is better than round?

c02cutter
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
The configuration will work better without the neutrals. I did the drawings based on .0625 walled tube. There are a lot of generators out there that use the configuration I represented that produce gang buster HHO. Stan Myers cell design is one. All I can truly say is to try it in your configuration, but have the cell setup so you can change the +n- on a whim. This way you are able to see what works best. Unless someone has built the configuration nobody knows till it's done. Even now they say what we are working with here was just not possible to do... And basically they still are.

homersimpson30
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
how about like this? alternate the pos and neg with insulators in between. Will HHo form in between the cells??

HomeGrown
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
From my limited experience, neutrals do not bode well with a tubular constructed cell. They probably WOULD work well on a large cell with multiple larger diameter tubes, but not on cluster cells like this. Ask me how I know. I tried a neutral tube on my cluster, and it didn't work very well. I ended up changing the power configuration, and it works much better as an active electrode.

I would definately stick with the thinner wall tubing, unless the thicker wall is going to get you a better size gap. It would be more costly, and more difficult to cut.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-04-2008, 11:30 PM
The configuration will work better without the neutrals. I did the drawings based on .0625 walled tube. There are a lot of generators out there that use the configuration I represented that produce gang buster HHO. Stan Myers cell design is one. All I can truly say is to try it in your configuration, but have the cell setup so you can change the +n- on a whim. This way you are able to see what works best. Unless someone has built the configuration nobody knows till it's done. Even now they say what we are working with here was just not possible to do... And basically they still are.

I AGREE. The Aaron Cell is another example of a cell without any middle plates. When I found the Aaron Cell, I quickly rushed out and made an equivilent design, multiple positive and negative plates, all connected to power, with no middle ("neutral") plates. The reason it works so well is that the electricity doesn't have to work as hard. Such a design will probably compliment a later model, as we've done soo much with series cells configuration.

Cool thing, this technology evolving like it is. The winning design today will be old school in a year!

HomeGrown
08-05-2008, 01:44 PM
The reason it works so well is that the electricity doesn't have to work as hard.

That's the reason I like the cluster cell approach: you don't end up with current leaking all over the place. The + electrodes are isolated from the rest of the electrolyte bath.