PDA

View Full Version : Make your own MAP sensor enhancer?

sjrobinson
05-01-2012, 04:30 PM
So I found a thing on making my own here:
http://us.generatorh.com/cgi-bin/md/M10055/s2.pl

Has anyone tried to make their own?
I would really like to save $40 if I can make my own with just a potentiometer and a resistor.

And Ive been asking around and can't get forward answers about this still cuz this site has clarified and yet confused me. Do I need a map sensor enhancer for more gains or can I settle with just an o2 EFIE?

myoldyourgold
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
You need to control all the sensors that the ECM is getting information from. If you do not it is a maybe if you get good results and if you do get any results, they may not stay for any length of time and just revert back to stock or even worse.

sjrobinson
05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
All the sensors? Not just the O2 and MAP?

How do I go about this? The information on that page says that controlling the MAP sensor keeps your MPG gains. Is that true? Or what other things do I need to do besides the MAP and O2 sensors?

myoldyourgold
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
This is a complex question and varies between vehicles. You need to control the IAT, CTS, all O2's, MAP and MAF (some vehicles have both MAP and MAF). It also depends on how much HHO you are injecting and what kind of gains you are looking for. Small amounts of HHO gives small results in some vehicles with no electronics. You will have to experiment with your vehicle to find out what is best. It is not all cut and dry because of the condition of the engine and 100 other things that could be different including your driving style.

sjrobinson
05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Ok, Im just looking for some kinda result to give me a direction to go in. Aside from some mild performance gains I have not seen much from my system even after trouble shooting. I'm returning the volo chip and buying a dual digital EFIE.
Is it worth making my own MAP sensor or buying it or would I be able to see gains from the EFIE first? Then id know where to go from there.

Stevo
05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Be careful if you do this. It's pretty easy to fry your computer and many other things.

Redomega
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi to everyone!

sjrobinson I do not know were in the air in-take tube are you injecting the HHO but, it could be better to put it after the IAT sensor. You do not want to cool it, the ECM will start sending more fuel in to the motor because the air is coolder.