PDA

View Full Version : my 7x13 drycell design imput please

reggaerican
06-20-2012, 05:29 PM
ok so I have been doing lots of research lately about most efficient drycell configurations and this it what I come up with for my first attempt..
Now nothing is set in stone on this plan since I am new and I value your imput. so please comment both possitive and negative will help me with my overall plans..

this is not to scale, but the plates will be 7x13 so I will be left with 6x12 surface area after gasket..

holes at the bottom will be staggard

now this is my main question I have done lots of reading about people installing kitty corner (2) tabs per plate since these are gonna be large plates I decided to go with three power tabs per plate as indicated in photo. is this a good/bad idea, overkill. bottom line is will the three tabs make it more efficient or not??

I have not decided on my cell configuration just yet since I have not recieved my new altinator and deep cycle batteries, but it will either have 5 or 6 neutral plates depending on voltage...

Im also contemplating setting it up as a 120v ac 61 plate design using a rectifier. thoughts on that also would be helpfull

thanks again everyone for all your great support and inspiration...

reggaerican
06-20-2012, 05:33 PM
crap well the system does not want me to upload any pics right now for some reason
sorry will try again later

reggaerican
06-20-2012, 05:45 PM
here goes ..sorry was too big

Havens78
06-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't think you'll need anymore than 2 power inputs onto the power plates, and a rectangular plate will help. Remember to keep 3/8 to 1/2 an inch between those slots in the top for strength.

reggaerican
06-21-2012, 06:04 PM
thank you havens,
3 sounded like overkill even to someone like myself, but it almost sounds like it would help with more even distrabution of the current. well heck what do I know thats why I ask..

Another question popped into my head after following Shane and his cool looking shim design.. He claims that by using this method he will be drasticly reducing current leakage.
My question is why not just use that high temp liquid rubber to coat all expossed metal? After the build is complete that is
now I know there is more to his shims than just that, but would that atleast help some???

D.O.G
06-22-2012, 03:11 AM
7" x 13" is a pretty wide plate, I don't think 3 power tabs is overkill. At the worst, it won't hurt to have extra tabs.
I've used 4 tabs before for 7" x 7". That probably was overkill, but it didn't hurt production. :)

Those that have tested the various "paint on" methods for insulating edges, reported that nearly everything lifted off the SS after moderate running time. Even weldon-16 (or equivalent) has trouble sticking if the plate surface isn't media blasted first.
I bought "liquid electrical tape" with the intention of using that on the edges .... before I read those negative results. :( At least I had something to paint over the external connections. :)

reggaerican
06-22-2012, 05:23 PM
7" x 13" is a pretty wide plate, I don't think 3 power tabs is overkill. At the worst, it won't hurt to have extra tabs.
I've used 4 tabs before for 7" x 7". That probably was overkill, but it didn't hurt production. :)

Those that have tested the various "paint on" methods for insulating edges, reported that nearly everything lifted off the SS after moderate running time. Even weldon-16 (or equivalent) has trouble sticking if the plate surface isn't media blasted first.
I bought "liquid electrical tape" with the intention of using that on the edges .... before I read those negative results. :( At least I had something to paint over the external connections. :)

WOW!! And here I was thinking I was over compensating for something. 4 tabs now thats thinking big...
J/K DOG a little humor never hurt neither right?:D

As for the liquid electric tape thats exactly what gave me the idea.
but no bueno huh..

sure do appreciate the help.

jim131
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
ok so I have been doing lots of research lately about most efficient drycell configurations and this it what I come up with for my first attempt..
Now nothing is set in stone on this plan since I am new and I value your imput. so please comment both possitive and negative will help me with my overall plans..

this is not to scale, but the plates will be 7x13 so I will be left with 6x12 surface area after gasket..

holes at the bottom will be staggard

now this is my main question I have done lots of reading about people installing kitty corner (2) tabs per plate since these are gonna be large plates I decided to go with three power tabs per plate as indicated in photo. is this a good/bad idea, overkill. bottom line is will the three tabs make it more efficient or not??

I have not decided on my cell configuration just yet since I have not recieved my new altinator and deep cycle batteries, but it will either have 5 or 6 neutral plates depending on voltage...

Im also contemplating setting it up as a 120v ac 61 plate design using a rectifier. thoughts on that also would be helpfull

thanks again everyone for all your great support and inspiration...

Well, Dry cell are popular because they are more easy to construct
but history shows that success by those who had run a car with hho
had builded there cells with "Tubes" stainless steel tubes.

Google "Stan Meyer" , or more " Alex Schiffer"

learn the science of hydrogen and orgone

You can see my short video on youtube. just type "hho with magnets"
or hho without magnets
I used a tubbing test cell (Dry cell cannot use magnets, unless a special design is constructed).

reggaerican
07-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Well, Dry cell are popular because they are more easy to construct
but history shows that success by those who had run a car with hho
had builded there cells with "Tubes" stainless steel tubes.

Google "Stan Meyer" , or more " Alex Schiffer"

learn the science of hydrogen and orgone

You can see my short video on youtube. just type "hho with magnets"
or hho without magnets
I used a tubbing test cell (Dry cell cannot use magnets, unless a special design is constructed).

you got me there Jim, and to be honest I have been leaning in that direction after more research. its gonna cost me pretty penny for the tubes and rod I need, but if it does what I want it too than I will get it back in no time..

Im still gonna build a smaller more portable drycell with this design. than I can run my gennerator and lawnmower with it..

such a fun hobby. I just wish it didnt cost so much..
cheers~Reggae