PDA

View Full Version : MPG measurement standard

greuvin
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Anyone reporting increased (or decreased in my case) MPG should be starting with a full tank and running it down until the gas light appears, then filling completely and dividing the miles traveled by the number of gallons required to fill. It takes at least a full tank and usually 2 or 3 to reach a conclusive result.

None of this "my needle hardly moved" or "my first half tank blah, blah, blah". Gas gauges are seldom linear. Only way to calculate real mileage increases is to drive the same with HHO as without HHO it. That includes keeping constant tire pressure, a/c on, etc, etc. In other words, don't drive like Mario Andretti with your system off and then like a granny with 40 psi in your tires and attribute the increase to HHO. Apples to apples comparisons please.

BoyntonStu
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
In 20 minutes I can tell the mpg of any car equipped with a mpg gauge and cruise control within 2% accuracy.

Here's how:

Get on a highway that is level and over 20 miles long.

Set your cruise control to 60, reset the mpg gauge, and record the mileage to 1/10 of a mile (or set the trip odometer to zero).

Travel 10 miles at 60 mph STOCK and record your mpg.

Now turn on your HHO, your efie, your O2 and repeat.

With 20 minutes you will KNOW!

Go another 10 miles STOCK and you will confirm.

You reset odometer reading point should not be off more than .05 miles on your odometer.

.05/10.0 = .5% accuracy.

I assume that your road is flat to with the rest of the 2% error.

I would LOVE to see videos of this test.

jaker
09-10-2008, 05:27 AM
hope a better article

Westcoastrocks
09-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Anyone reporting increased (or decreased in my case) MPG should be starting with a full tank and running it down until the gas light appears, then filling completely and dividing the miles traveled by the number of gallons required to fill. It takes at least a full tank and usually 2 or 3 to reach a conclusive result.

None of this "my needle hardly moved" or "my first half tank blah, blah, blah". Gas gauges are seldom linear. Only way to calculate real mileage increases is to drive the same with HHO as without HHO it. That includes keeping constant tire pressure, a/c on, etc, etc. In other words, don't drive like Mario Andretti with your system off and then like a granny with 40 psi in your tires and attribute the increase to HHO. Apples to apples comparisons please.

I have a 48 mile route that I take when I test my HHo gen. The first time I did I got 37 MPG. The 2nd time I tested it my gen shut off and I did not know about it and I got the usual 23 MPG. This route goes up hills down hills faster slower it has everything.

water4gasinstaller
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
This is what I do for my clients especially Lorry Transportation Companies.
1) Fill the tank with diesel to the brim not overflowing the tank
2) Take not of the mileage meter (take a picture)
3) Drive to the location (at best 300 kilometer - you guys can convert to miles)
4) Refill the tank again to the brim (Check out the amounts of liter used)
5) Take note of the mileage meter
6) Check out the ratio of your mileage for city and highway driving
7)Then do the Miles per Gallon calculation and note the ratio on the road
8) If possible not the load weight carried

What about this testing seems very reasonable to my clients..:)