View Full Version : Minimalist HHO Bubbler Setup

greenfuelbooster
08-24-2012, 12:00 PM
My minimalist HHO Bubbler

http://youtu.be/ZxZN1BzBdtk

whear
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi,

I don't have too much practical knowledge about HHO, but from what I have learned from the more experienced people here, the greater the distance it travels in the bubbler, the cleaner the gas becomes.

Also, many people use air stones in order to break the gas into tiny bubbles. That, too, helps with cleaning the gas more efficiently.

Did you measure the pH level of the gas that's going into your intake ?

The aluminum parts of your car where the gas travels can withstand pH levels between 4 and 8.5. If you exceed this range, the aluminum will start corroding.

However, I'm not sure how the heat affects aluminum's chemical resistance.

Good luck,

Andrei.

Edit: I did find some evidence about the effect of heat on aluminum's corrosive resistance.

http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/History/2004/Projects/S0515.pdf

greenfuelbooster
08-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Hi Andrei.

Firstly, I have been HHO boosting my car since Aug 2008. Change my design to Platinum-cladded Niobium Anode in Mar 2009. I have been running it for almost 100K miles already. I use distilled water and KOH at approx 10 Amps. I have been getting 45+ mpg highway since. HHO Boosting is combined with air intake contriction tapered after the MAF sensor.

As running on my car since March 2009
http://youtu.be/BiLaNwNHrGk

I use a tube cathode design similar to some LENR devices beging tested by Rossi, Celanti. and others.

<I don't have too much practical knowledge about HHO, but from what I have learned from the more experienced people here, the greater the distance it travels in the bubbler, the cleaner the gas becomes.
>

I did not notice that.

<Also, many people use air stones in order to break the gas into tiny bubbles. That, too, helps with cleaning the gas more efficiently.
>

I do not use that.

<Did you measure the pH level of the gas that's going into your intake ?>

No.

<The aluminum parts of your car where the gas travels can withstand pH levels between 4 and 8.5. If you exceed this range, the aluminum will start corroding.>

Not noticed that. I inject as close as I could to the engine intake.

whear
08-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi,

I do understand that you have solid experience with HHO.

I didn't doubt the veracity of your gains.

I just told you that aluminum, when exposed to a level of pH higher than 8, starts to corrode.

If not neutralized in some way, KOH has pH level of 12.

These are scientific facts.

My advice would be to verify the pH level of the gas, especially if you're selling your design to other people.

Good luck.

greenfuelbooster
08-25-2012, 10:42 AM
<My advice would be to verify the pH level of the gas, especially if you're selling your design to other people.>

I do not think the Ph of the gas even matters. My car is already 150K miles with almost 100K on HHO boosting. It still drives like new.

Just sharing.

whear
08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
May the Force be with you.

Madsceintist
08-26-2012, 05:26 AM
"IF" the gas is dry, there is no way to measure ph. However if there is any moisture in it then you may have an issue.

whear
08-26-2012, 07:32 AM
You can measure dry gas too by dissolving it in water.

greenfuelbooster
08-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Measuring of gas Ph is unncessary. It is better to measure how your car's ECM responds to HHO boosting. For cars that are OBDII-compliant, you can capture OBD II data using a plugin similar to this

http://compare.ebay.com/like/300666362706?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Then using the Torque app on an Android device (phone or pad), you can capture all supported PIDs and store as CSV (comma-delimited) log file. Then load that to www.santamesa.com for trend analysis.

Check www.santamesa.com ... it is a FREE website that can be used for this function in the are of HHO analysis. I got my 06 Civic to 45+ mpg highway by analyzing OBD II data.

whear
08-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Dude, I'm a calm person usually, but blind, "faithful" people like you really get the worst of me. You talk like a priest who instructs to never doubt, and just have faith.

I really don't give a **** about how much MPG you're getting. That wasn't the point of my posts to your thread.

I think your "new" bubbler is crap and serves no purpose. It doesn't clean the gas, and it doesn't protect your reactor from blowing up if a backfire occurs.

Your fat, old bubbler, even if it was poorly designed, could've saved your ass in the future.

Placebo and blind faith are useless outside your head. And your ignorance to facts will, eventually, get you.

La verdad es hija del tiempo !

greenfuelbooster
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I have it running for almost 100K miles. If it got my car it would have been a long time ago. Gas Ph is still a myth to me. Sorry. That is my experience.

What about yout tell us about your experience with HHO boosting.

Madsceintist
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM
You can measure dry gas too by dissolving it in water.

Think about your response to my statement, please. :confused:

whear
08-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Ummm..

You probably meant that if the gas is dry, that means it's electrolyte free. But I'm not too sure about that.

If electrolyte cannot exist in gas form, and only in vapor/moisture form, please pardon my ignorance.

However, the "bubbler" that the guy's using couldn't possibly dry the gas.
It's not even a bubbler. It's a 1 foot hose in which he poured 1 inch of water.

greenfuelbooster
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
This simple design has been working for me for a few months now.

greenfuelbooster
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
A photo of my Platinum-cladded Niobium Anode ...

http://greenfuelbooster.com/downloads/photos/anode-platinum-32.JPG