PDA

View Full Version : Which sensor should i treat to?

Tomer
10-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I check my car yasterday, it turbo disel and there are both map and maf sensor, how should i treat to? The map maf or both?

Tomer
10-02-2012, 09:07 PM
The car is fiat multipla turbo disel 1.9L and the year is 2001.
And what is water injection?

james23
11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
This is slightly complicated by the fact that many MAF sensors today also include an Intake Air Temperature sensor in the same housing. In this case you'll have 5 wires going to the sensor. But it's OK, it's easy to find the correct wires you need. The temp sensor will have a ground wire and a signal wire.

markspend01
07-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Hey Guys well i think that Maf sensor is used to discover out the huge flowrate of air coming into a fuel injected engine.Thanks!!

sjrobinson
07-14-2013, 02:41 PM
MAP would be to measure boost pressure and adjust fuel accordingly, but that would primarily vary when accelerating or under load. For basic HHO application I would recommend MAF first and then see if you have any issues or results.

The ECU would just think your turbo is compressing the air more since the MAF would then read less air intake.

myoldyourgold
07-14-2013, 08:36 PM
I check my car yasterday, it turbo disel and there are both map and maf sensor, how should i treat to? The map maf or both? The car is fiat multipla turbo disel 1.9L and the year is 2001. And what is water injection?

To get any gain with that engine you will need to treat all of these MAF, MAP, IAT (Intake air temp) and CTS (coolant temperature sensor) . MAF will be very touchy and you will loose HP if it goes even .05 to much over the sweet spot. Very difficult to tune your engine to get good gains but with that engine even a small percentage gain results in a pretty big number.

motocross1550
10-21-2013, 01:20 PM
most cars that have a maf and a map use them for different things. i know on gm's all the map is used for is to make sure the egr is working corectly and to mearure baro at key on engine off. theoretically all you have to trick is the temp senors and the 02 sensors.

myoldyourgold
10-21-2013, 07:43 PM
On my GM vehicle that has both MAP and MAF by adjusting the map/baro along with all the other sensors makes it thinks I am at a much higher elevation than the sea level that it is, thus making it goe much leaner. Try it. Just make sure you have the right ratio of exhaust (EGR), HHO, and moisture to keep the HP the same or more and not over heat the engine. You can over do it and lose HP.