PDA

View Full Version : Large wet cell

reddevil
01-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Here is my idea for a new hho generator that I think will outperfom each other hho generator out there and I will explain why. I want to build a 4'x8' or a 2'x8' 2 plate cell out of 20ga. stainless steel with a .063 gap. I would like to do the larger one but obviously its going to be expensive but I would like to. I want to make it a wet cell instead of a dry cell because the only idea I have to force water through the plates invloves machining pieces of nylatron i think it was so it has ports to hook hoses all along one of the 8' sides of the cell to force water through it only traveling 4' or 8' until it leaves the cell. Then around it I want to build an aluminum tank that the plates can't make conection too maybe the ground one but I doubt it. There are many different factors that play into why I want to build this one.
I think that in order for a hho generator to work the most efficiently it needs to be wired in series. Theres a formula out there for hho generators but it doesn't work with any generators today. I think that this is because wet cells for one will never be wired in series because water is touching everywhere on all of the plates so the current can travel elsewhere other than straight through the plates if it wants. Unless you only have two plates like i want then the only possible thing it can do is be series so to speak and thats only because its impossible to wire it in parellel i'm sure this will be argued but thats ok. The reason you want series is because what determines the production of the cells is the amount of amps supplied to them. When things are wired in series the high amperage will be given to each cell but the voltage will be divided amongst the cells. But if you wire them in parallel it supplies the high voltage to each cell and divides the amperage to each cell. Well if I have only one cell its going to supply the high amperage and the high voltage to it because there is no other cell to take some of the voltage or some of the amperage.
Now your saying just build a dry cell and the problem is solved yes and no. Theres is still one major flaw with the dry cell in my opinion. you gotta push that little bit of water through the plates and still leave all that hho production everywhere in the plates so your greatly cutting down on the hho production. So i'm going to be removing all of the water withing the plates and all the hho with it at a great rate. Right now I have a 600 gph salt water aquarium pump. I have a feeling I will have to go bigger but this is were I will start.
What do you think?

hhofox
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm just gonna go with the notion that this will not be used in a car (unless it's an open backed vehicle.) You never stated what you plan to do with this cell, but a labelled diagram would help. How about it?

reddevil
01-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I will try and figure out how to put a diagram on here I just made this account. Im going to put it on a flat bed of a truck and im gonns buy or build one of thosr high amperage permanent magnet alternators off a wind generator and put a second battery and that alternator on the yruck just to run the hho generator . I have a video of one I built a couple years ago on youtube trying to help everyone out on the right direction to get here but no one picked up on it and now I can afford to build it so ima goin too I just want credit for the idsa no money. My other inventions tgat arr actually my own invention eith put an end to the need for fossil fuels for sny kind of vehicle you could think of. But if you wanna see the youtube video of the 2' x 2' cell search reddevil hho on youtube and itll be the only one. It dont have a pump but it was the test of thr larger 2 plate cell I acually got it to hum too im not stupid ive messed with lodt of thingd over the years wish it was way mpre bit its enough to know it wasn't shorting out though like some guy said

reddevil
01-23-2013, 12:14 AM
I looked and realized its only on my phone where it's the only video but on my computer it is not so here is the video if you want to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFs59Pq7eRA

toyotawarrior
01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
did you check how many amps those plates are pulling?

hhofox
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the video! I can see, to some extend what you are trying to do.
I would say that this has already been done, but I don't want to discourage you, since you may stumble upon something new while performing your experiments. Keep up the good work.

While you are doing this, however, check out the forum link below. It's has to do with HCS, something similar to HHO. I have worked with both, and have found it to be better in many was. I still like HHO, but I use this to do the same thing.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydrocarbon-cracking-System?page=100

Reading from page 100 should get you up to speed quickly. Starting at about page 70, should give you a more rounded out picture though.

reddevil
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info I don't know much about HCS i'm going to have to read up on it but my idea isn't to just increase gas mileage I want to make a ford v-8 that I got thats got a cam roller rockers 4 barrel edelbrock all kinds of goodies on it run strictly off of hho no gas at all. Thats why I want to use 2 sheets that are 4'x8' to make a cell.way more production than I have now. So a HCS I could be wrong but wouldn't do much for me because I want to do away with all hydrocarbons and run straight hho. I haven't seen where this has been done before can you direct me to where it is. I have built the smaller 16 plate cells and it produced a couple liters a minute on a good day. But it just had lots of little bubbles coming from it the video I have of just 2 plates has them little bubbles coming from all sides of the plates and then one one side lots of large bubbles as well and some decent size ones on two of the sides. Compared to others it doesn't produce as much as like the 30lpm one I have seen but i'm guessing i'm still getting decent production from just 2 2'x2' cells. I will keep up the work thanks for the input. And I don't know how many amps it was pulling i'm guessing a decent amount since the battery went down to as much as it goes down to compared to the one that made almost 2 liters a minute. But I plan on getting a ammeter so I can find this out so we will know in good time.

myoldyourgold
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
How many LPM do think it will take to just idle that engine?

reddevil
01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm really not sure how much it will take to idle it. I've never put any of the generators i've made on a vehicle. I've seen videos of motors idling off of hho with a small generator i've even seen one of a dodge pickup running off of just hho and driving around town and the biggest one I have seen them guys make is a 30lpm one and its driving around town. I don't know if its the one on the truck or not but its the biggest one they have made and theres not to much more bubbles from that dry cell vs. my 2'x2' cell so i think a 4'x8' will deffinetely suffice but i don't know cause if i did a 2'x8' i can put it under the flat bed on top of the frame instead of on the bed but I want to build the 4'x8' so bad so we will see. I will put a pump on the 2'x2' one I have soon and build a container for it so i can see what the difference is in having a pump on it vs. not having one. i'm ordering the ultra precision collets tommorow for my cnc and the nylatron to machine for this cell in 2 weeks from tomorrow. And then I will just build a steel container for this one for now since its not as expensive and just coat the inside of it so the plates don't make connection with it unless anyone knows where i can get a container big enough to fit a 2'x2' cell into and seal it off. Actually this 2'x2' one I want to put on my 06 charger cause it will fit in the trunk don't think itll be big enough to run the charger off of just hho but itll help mileage.

myoldyourgold
01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Please I would suggest you figure out how much you need first. The Dodge that you mentioned is far from the truth. I do not want to poor cold water on your project but unless you know how much HHO you need you are going to be very disappointed. You can calculate what your two plates could make if it was 100% efficient which it would be impossible to be but just the same it would give you an idea. Start with figuring out how much HHO you need will save you a lot of time and money.

reddevil
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
If it ends up being to much then so be it then ill put a variable resistor of some sort in there and limit the power to it unless I need all that hho production. Like I said im shooting for all hho and no fuel for my truck I just built this thing to see if my idea of dry vs wet was correct and from the production I see it looks like I was right but I dont knoe for dure till its done. But eiyher way it will b er goin on the chatger at worst itll shoot up the rpms lucky for me the charger wont rev past 4000 in park anf it cuts out. It may be to much but I can guarantee ima find out

toyotawarrior
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
im pretty sure the video with the two guys driveing around the pickup running on 100% hho is fake. if i were you i would at least start with a small 50cc motor to see if you can get that running on pure hho. its pretty shocking how much hho it takes to even get one of those idleing let alone go full throttle.

hhofox
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Hey, you have got to understand that we would all just LOVE to be able to run a vehicle on just HHO, really -but it is not that simple. All we are trying to say is that you should see what others have done first, then use a different approach if you still want to pursue it, instead of jumping in, and throwing money all over the place. Maybe you can focus on the QUALITY of the HHO, instead of the quantity, so that you don't need as much HHO to run your vehicle -that is a more viable approach.
When you do the research, you will find that it takes a WHOLE LOT of regular HHO to run your engine. That is why you should focus on the quality -the materials that are used in the making - of HHO.
I saw a video where a guy (engineer) modified his engine internals (CAMs, etc) to use vapour efficiently. It is not as simple as you think. That is why I spoke of HCS.

reddevil
01-25-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't know if the video is fake could be. But I have done my research and I have explained my idea on why it's better might have been able to explain it better but was a decent explanation. Toyota I know you need lots of hho that's why I am going with this design. I have made my explanations and if you watch my video of my generator it does make some decent bubble especially the first 30 seconds of it being hooked up when the battery still has a decent charge. As to the quality of the hho vs the amount. How can you change the quality of hho? Your seperating water to make H2 and O2 but each water molecule that is seperated you actually get H2 and O which is the perfect amount of oxygen you need for the hydrogen you have produced. So you saying work on the quality of the hydrogen production doesn't make sense. Maybe a pulse width modulator or something to tune it but that's not what i'm shooting for. I think the problem with the generators to get large production is just so simple that it is being overlooked to get large production to make a vehicle run off of straight water. And it's the things I have said that make mine better. You need the cells wired in series if your going to have multiple cells. The only way to do that is either with a dry cell or having seperate containers for each cell not stacking them altogether and just throwing them in a container with electrolyte. I know that's what i'm doing but I have just two plates. Only having one cell to make a hho generator is super easy no stacking a lot of plates and no gaskets to make the cell anyways. The reason I chose this over the dry cell is because with the dry cell you just drill a couple of holes in the plates on the ends and push water through the plates that way. It gets the water moving through there but not very efficiently you still have all that surface area were water isn't forced through there you have to wait for the bubbles to get to the path were water is flowing. So i'm going to have one cell that has ports along the hole 8' side of it forcing water along the whole surface area of the plates not just through the holes. And with only having one cell instead of multiple cells I will be supplying the full amperage and voltage to just the one cell. I am building the cnc for more things I want to build other things than just this. I've always wanted to do this stuff i'm finally doing it and no one is talking me out of it. The things i'm machining to put on the end of the cell to force water through it. When I was pricing someone to machine them for me for just a 12" section machined out of nylatron with ports machined on it to hook hoses and just a slot on the other side to slide over the plates and 4 holes i think going through to hold it to the plate was going to cost me 1,000 each and I needed 8. I need 8 so i'm building my own cnc for about 4,000 almost done and i'm machining them all myself and if it works I will machine them for other people and believe me they won't cost no 1,000 when a piece of nylatron 24 inches instead of 12 is only 30 and I can machine it myself for the price of elctricity so the machine is going to pay for itself way fast. You tell me to make sure I make one that has the right amount of production. Well since I want to run it off of all hho the little ones that go under a hood that get 6-8 mpg increase isn't going to suffice. I'm going big i'm going to make as big of one I can supply as much power to it as I can and see what I get for production and then do what I can to limit it which I will fully be able to do so that it will at least idle the truck and rev a little might night be able to run the truck at full tilt off of just hho but i'll be able to do away with the idle circuit on a carb so that it idles off of just hho and then just limit what i need over that to only be there when I need it. It is going to be expensive even with machining my own stuff i'm going to spend 1,000 on 4x8 sheets of stainless and 4x10 sheets of aluminum to build a tank. But i'm not spending 8,000 on the nylatron stuff no more and i'll have a cnc to build my other things that were gonna cost me 5,000 for each piece for something else. A company to help people with prototyping yeah right there making it to expensive for the average joe like me to build whatever he wants so i'm doing it all on my own. So i'm going big or staying home. Messing with pulse width, changing frequency, getting the right amount of cells thats not the way to do it. Its so simple it's over looked expensive to do yeah but simpler than people are making it out to be. Only way you will be able to accomplish this is by doint what a guy selling a torch for did. Underneath he had quite a few joe cells that each had there own tank instead of one large tank to hold them all. But he was able to wire them all series this way instead of parallel by having them submerged in water but he didn't have a pump forcing water through them and still made 20-30 lpm i believe it was been a few years. I have had my idea longer than I have been looking at most of these videos but I have seen videos like his that confirm my ideas. It's time to go big and see what someone can get not just all these little cells to better mileage i'm going straight for hho on a ford v-8. I might not succede the first time but i'm willing to spend the money if anything I will have better mileage.