PDA

View Full Version : which elctrical device do i need

lawnmowerman
08-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey guys great to be here, just built my generator,it's an inverted T style , of 4"cpvc w/304l tubesteel design want to install in a dodge 1500 pick up. no pcv valve , just wondering how to go about the electrical devices needed to achieve optimum fuel savings,I watched a mag-drive video where it looks like he vents it into the air intake box near the butterfly.I figure PWM and a dual map/02 set up, but dont know where to start. the generator kicks butt @ 5-8 amps 90 degrees after an hour or so w/ distilld water and a sprinkle of sodium hydroxide, thats with the car charger set on 12volt/10amp setting. dieing to install but need advice with the electrical components. thanks any replys would be helpful:confused:

BigTruck
08-08-2008, 08:23 AM
What year Dodge and what size engine? How much lpm? I would start with an intake install with no mods. You do not know what to adjust until you determine how it is going to react. Keep a journal and make changes slow. Reverse changes that do not provide improvements.

Painless
08-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi lawnmowerman,

I'd be interested to know which year / engine too, I'm currently building the generator for my 06 1500 with the 4.7 v8. If you're working on the same engine then we could definitely help each other.

I'm planning to install just the HHO gen first and take it one step at a time from there, as Bigtruck suggested.

lawnmowerman
08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
thanks guys , my dodge is a 2002 4.7, i kinda got the feeling im gonna need a device of some sort just caus every1 else needs one. Ill try 1st with no device, i gotta do my rough install anyways so it cant hurt . dont wanna damage or make holes where i should'nt, i dunno to much about the vaccum system and fuel line stuff. ill post picks later, as far as lpm im sure its up there, i had no problem filling a milk quart in under 2mins with the charger set on 12volt 225 amp /with generator pulling about 14.5 amps, I just thought it would be an easier install if i pre ordered the efie or map enhancer first and installed the unit. Thanks for your input

Griz64
08-09-2008, 01:27 AM
I read a post on another board (a Dodge board) regarding HHO installation. He is one of these guys that has enough money to buy whatever he wants whenever he wants. Anyway he has the 5.9 L in a Dodge 2000 SLT 1500. He did the O2 extender which didnt work..oh he tried both with and without the cell with no difference. So he went out and bought the MAP enhancer and hooked it up. Without the cell he got a 1mpg increase and with the cell he got an 8mpg increase. He also just has the cell hooked up to the throttle body only. I hope this helps you out some...good luck and keep us posted

lawnmowerman
08-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Cool , i was think'n right before the butterfly behind the intake box or venturie as they call it, but my idea was, if the o2 sensor doesnt read a problem then there is no need for the map because it would'lnt receive a signal to change the fuel mixture but that just my screwball way of think'n im no expert., i didnt think o2 extenders would work ,it would just less'en the amount of fuel to offset the cpu, beings it doesnt read a strong signal caus its extended away from the exhaust but still reading lean. Can any1 point in the direction of a good efie ? think that would be good start for install

ejohnson44004
08-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. I've been watching your question because I'm in the same boat. I have a 98 Dodge PU with 5.7L V8. I've got my generator installed but no enhancers of any kind and haven't seen any significant mileage increases. My generator is a 12 plate design which holds 2.5L of distilled water and 1 2/3tsps. of sodium hydroxide. The generator puts out plenty of HHO and draws just about 17 amps. while everything stays nice and cool. What I'd like to know is which do I need, O2 sensor or MAP sensor enhancer? It seems as though if I adjust the MAP signal it will change the ECU with no need for an O2 enhancer. Am I correct? The truck is running perfect, no check engine light or anything and has greatly improved pick up and engine has smoothed out with lower RPM's at idle. I love the way it's running, I'd just like to seem more mileage. Right now I'm getting about 12 mpg with or without the generator.

kiki
08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi there,
i am driving a Jeep 5.9 V8 1998, must be the same kind of (mopar) engine, i am curious as well what the best solution would be. i am planning to build my generator in my Jeep next week, so i will keep you guys posted and follow this thread with your experiences as well.
thanks, arjen

jaker
09-08-2008, 02:47 AM
do somebody can work it??

Griz64
09-09-2008, 02:38 AM
ejohnson-you are correct in that if you are adjusting the MAP which goes to the ECU that O2 extenders will pretty much be useless. I just installed my MAP enhancer that I bought from HHOenhancers and am super pleased with it. My cell is not quite ready for my truck yet but I did play with the enhancer and it really made a difference in the feel of the truck when on the lean setting. Actually I can lean it all the way down until it stalls out. This week while I am waiting on parts I am going to drive around with the enhancer on and see what kind of mileage increase I get without the cell. That way I can compare base mileage to running lean/no cell to lean w/cell to cell only no enhancer. One other thing I have learned is to reset your ECU with the cell installed that way the computer doesnt try to fight the HHO as much.

HHO King
10-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey guys great to be here, just built my generator,it's an inverted T style , of 4"cpvc w/304l tubesteel design want to install in a dodge 1500 pick up. no pcv valve , just wondering how to go about the electrical devices needed to achieve optimum fuel savings,I watched a mag-drive video where it looks like he vents it into the air intake box near the butterfly.I figure PWM and a dual map/02 set up, but dont know where to start. the generator kicks butt @ 5-8 amps 90 degrees after an hour or so w/ distilld water and a sprinkle of sodium hydroxide, thats with the car charger set on 12volt/10amp setting. dieing to install but need advice with the electrical components. thanks any replys would be helpful:confused:

Extreme HHO (http://www.extremehho.com) has custom pwm's with gauges, fans, switches and relays. This is nice if you don't plan on assembling your own.