PDA

View Full Version : My First Cell Tonight I hope

whitty
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi All i am planning on building my first cell to power a lawn mower to have proof of concept before i try on my car. I plan on using 20 gauge SS Snare wire that i can get from Canadian Tire for about 4.5 for a roll. I plan to use a nalgene bottle as my cell and not sure what to use as my electrodes. I am going to wrap the snare wire around 2 plastic posts of some sort. Any suggestions what i can use as a post. Readily available things are the best as i don't want to spend that much money (atleast off the bat until i can prove to myself first hand that this works).

thanks!

whitty
06-12-2008, 10:49 AM
So i didnt get it made last night i only got a suitable jar. canadian tire i thought was going to be my store and have everything i needed. They don't have a damn SS bolt in the place lol. they have a washer and nut set for 9.99 and thats it. I looked at the snare i mentioned in the previous post but i think i am going to use 2 bolts with washers and nuts like this

----:|:----:|:----:|:-- +

:|:----:|:----:|:------ -

where - represents the bolt : the nut ant | the washer

what do you guys think of that the only concern i have is what if the nuts and washers and bolts aren't all the same grade ? will that cause corrosion between them ?

Thanks!!