PDA

View Full Version : GM 3.4L engine where is vacuum hose to insert HHO ?

nickthevoice
06-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Hello !

I build my HHO kit but I don't know where insert the HHO ?

I know 1 tube goes on air intake after filter but the second tube in vacuum?

Where is the engines vacuum hoses in GM 3.4L engine ?

if it's possible send me your pics please ! ;)

Ronjinsan
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Wish I could help.....OK maybe, use the vacuum pipe from the manifold to the brake booster! You should find a one way valve in that line. You need to attach on the manifold side of that! Hope it helps.....Cheers

Stratous
06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Second tube? I only have one tube leaving my generator.

nickthevoice
06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Okay thanks but why on my HHO PDF document it's wrote that

"DO NOT splice into your brakes Vacuum hose!!!! This is usually a large black hose
tying into the brake booster ( a large drum mounted on the fire wall )."

1 tube in air intake (for highway)
1 tube in engine vacuum (for idle or low speed)

thanks !
nicK

Stratous
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Because if your hho generator leaks, then you will loose your brake assist.

Stratous
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Hello !

I build my HHO kit but I don't know where insert the HHO ?

I know 1 tube goes on air intake after filter but the second tube in vacuum?

Where is the engines vacuum hoses in GM 3.4L engine ?

if it's possible send me your pics please ! ;)

Am I misreading this? Do you have two tubes leaving your generator? If so, what is the second tube for?

spob
06-11-2008, 06:29 PM
The water4gas generator has one tube that goes to the air intake and one tube that goes to the vacuum manifold. Supposedly to account for idling and acceleration.

Of course I'm still just looking at all this and I could be just be talking out my ass.

Stratous
06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Hmm, wonder how much difference that makes. Perhaps I should look into how much this helps.

Ronjinsan
06-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Been there done that.....you only need one tube and thats the manifold vacuum. When I answered Nick I mentioned a one way valve in the booster line, the booster vacuum reaches a peak and the valve shuts it off. You need to use the engine side of the valve which normally has a small nipple on it anyway. The brakes work as long as there is a closed vacuum in the booster drum and even if empty you would be on manual which is a lot harder to depress. You have probably got 3 or 4 pumps on a booster before there is no more assist. Try it by switching off the engine and then press the brake pedal until it doesnt assist you any more. ;) Cheers!