PDA

View Full Version : How much gas can I generate with 1052 sq.in

JojoJaro
08-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Folks, I am thinking of a design that will use 57 funnel plates arrange as +nnnnnn-nnnnnn+nnnnnn-nnnnnn+nnnnnn-nnnnnn+nnnnnn-nnnnnn+

Each plate in funnel shaped and consist of 9.4 sq.in on each face. This gives me a total area of 56X9.4X2 = 1052 sq.in

My question is. Based on your experience, all other things being equal, how much gas can I expect to produce. I am shooting for 4 LPM for my 6.6L Duramax diesel. I am thinking that my design will probably produce way more than 4 LPM. If so, I need to cut back on the electrodes since each one is $3.95. 57 electrodes will set me back over $200 just for the electrodes alone.

Based on your experience, how many electrode will hit 4 LPM? How much area?

daveczrn
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
i believe your amperage draw will be very high to produce 4lpm.

we have designs that produce 1 lpm with about 7 plates at 15-20amps but slightly larger plate sizes... so maybe 35-40 plates should get you where you want to be but at 60-80 amps. can your charging system take that?

funnel system isn't a bad idea though... i'll have to look into that.

dave

JojoJaro
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
i believe your amperage draw will be very high to produce 4lpm.

we have designs that produce 1 lpm with about 7 plates at 15-20amps but slightly larger plate sizes... so maybe 35-40 plates should get you where you want to be but at 60-80 amps. can your charging system take that?

funnel system isn't a bad idea though... i'll have to look into that.

dave

Yes, I have 2x 145A alternators. Total capacity at 1200 engine RPM is over 290A. I have a need for about 200A running various on board systems, so I have 90A spare for running the HHO generator.

If I can use at least 60A to generate over 4 LPM, I should be in good shape.

I've read that you shouldn't have over .5A per sq.in. With my plate design above, I can run 40A before exceeding this guideline. I think 40A should get me close to 4 LPM without too much heat?

What do you think?

dennis13030
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
... how many electrode will hit 4 LPM? How much area?

This is a great question. I wish there was a formula that could be manipulated so that it would yield the answers to questions like this. I sure would like to know if anyone has this!

daveczrn
08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, I have 2x 145A alternators. Total capacity at 1200 engine RPM is over 290A. I have a need for about 200A running various on board systems, so I have 90A spare for running the HHO generator.

If I can use at least 60A to generate over 4 LPM, I should be in good shape.

I've read that you shouldn't have over .5A per sq.in. With my plate design above, I can run 40A before exceeding this guideline. I think 40A should get me close to 4 LPM without too much heat?

What do you think?

i haven't seen any designs that produce 1lpm per 10amps. 15amps per 1lpm is about the best i have seen with it running cool.

with how much HHO you want to produce it would be better to use either multiple generators or a very large one. You need to have room for the bubbles to stay suspended in the electrolite, as it will happen and will limit HHO production.

I'm gathering a few things myself for a future test. Just need a few extra bucks and i will get it done.

JojoJaro
08-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Which cell design have you seen that can produce 1 LPM per 15 Amps? Tero? SmackBooster? Jaxom? Gorilla? Joe Cell? etc?

What will it take to do 1 LPM per 10 amps?

timetowinarace
08-15-2008, 10:52 AM
i haven't seen any designs that produce 1lpm per 10amps. 15amps per 1lpm is about the best i have seen with it running cool.

with how much HHO you want to produce it would be better to use either multiple generators or a very large one. You need to have room for the bubbles to stay suspended in the electrolite, as it will happen and will limit HHO production.

I'm gathering a few things myself for a future test. Just need a few extra bucks and i will get it done.

I agree. Multiple cells for what you want.

For the math to get you close. Take the voltage you have available with the alternator/s and divide by 2. Example: 14V / 2V = 7cells. This gives you 7 cells at 2V each. Each cell can have a number of plates wired in parallel inside of it. Do not use N's. The seven seperate cells are wired in series.