PDA

View Full Version : Possible fix for idle vs drive time

smartHHO
08-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Ok,

was reading a bit on how Jetta was having issues of when he was at idle due to maybe stoplight, and when he was driving. When it was a short light and a long light.

So, driving in this morning, grant it, I have yet to get me an HHO built up due to time and waiting on parts, but an idea struck me on a possible fix.
So, any of you that are smart and know digital circuits, op amps and such, maybe you can figure a circuit. But here is my idea.

Ok, cars base their intake on your gas pedal being mashed to the floor which increases your RPM. Generators generate more gas as your amperage goes up to a point of where it is maxed for that generator. So, my idea is why not tie the two together. You get feedback from the RPM guage, I am assuming its a voltage, but please, any auto guys chime in here. You do an analog comparison circuit so that as the voltage on the RPM increases, it increases your amps going to your generator. So, when at a stop light, your engine is not getting a build up but just the limited amount required. And when you really are hitting the gas and the RPM is up, it is getting max output. Grant it, all cars and trucks are totally different on their RPM, but that is where the group on here gets a chart going with different cars and trucks, and then we have a rough bases to adjust a varible resistor on the circuit that sets a baseline for the specific car. You set the voltage, hook up the circuit to the generator and RPM input, and a way you go. Hope this idea has some merit to it.

Thanks for reading.

SmartHHO:)

JonDoh
08-13-2008, 09:12 AM
LOL!! ^^^

I was thinking the same thing this morning taking my son to school....

A PWM does the similiar but how to intergrate it to the RPM... may be good

donsimpson12
08-13-2008, 09:59 AM
couldn't you trash a tachometer and use the leads that control the tack, and somehow send them to a PWM for control?

smartHHO
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
couldn't you trash a tachometer and use the leads that control the tack, and somehow send them to a PWM for control?

Probably better just to splice in and that way you can still see your RPMs. Especially for those that like to power shift their cars. :)

Eddie_in_Maine
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
That's a good idea. I was thinking a little differently, by perhaps sensing hydrogen (they have O2 sensors, there must be an HHO sensor somewhere!)and air flow off the MAF sensor?

Cadillac
08-14-2008, 12:02 AM

Depends on your car. A lot of tachometers are ran through EBTCM (electronic brake traction control module/s) on a modern day car. Not a good idea to try and hack into the wiring on one of these. It could end up being a $1,000 problem in the end.

This thread did get my head going. One idea that ran across my mind (at least for a modern car) would be to use the IAC valve. The idle air control valve is only operational when the throttle is shut. They usually have three wires: a positive constintent, a ground and one with variable input to control the air coming in when the throttle is shut. If some sort of switch arrangement could be rigged off the third wire I named to shut off the H.O.D. when this is active then you would produce no hydrogen when the throttle is shut. I am pretty sure this would help at a standing idle. Not sure as to what the effects of coasting when at idle. I really have no idea as to how to rig this up. May not be possible.

On the other hand coming off of an idle to moving can be one of the most demanding times for gas use so in the end it might not be worth it. By the time your system is pumping good you may have already did some bad.

smartHHO
08-14-2008, 07:22 AM
If you can't hook up do to possible issues, then maybe hookup a second Tac that you buy in the autoshops and hook up to it so it does not interfer with the original one? just a thought on how to get around it.

moore6649
08-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Why not tie your production to the signal from the throttle position sensor.

smartHHO
08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Why not tie your production to the signal from the throttle position sensor.

That is another good idea. Both do have analog voltage. Now to just design the circuit, build it, and also get me a generator going. Hehe.

cully
08-15-2008, 05:41 PM
umm just a thought from a different angle...

model aircraft use dc to 3 phase pwm to control the speed of their brush-less motors
these units have programmable throttle curves I'm sure you could hook a pot up to your car throttle pedal connect this to the input control of the pwm speed controller then connect the output of the pwm to your H cell

hmm that dose sound good it might just work

JojoJaro
08-21-2008, 11:52 AM
There is a device that does this already. Its called an Alternator.

If you do not hook up the Alternator to a battery, its voltage will increase as RPM increases. So, a free floating, self-exciting alternator may be the answer.

I'm thinking, simple hook up the alternator to your gen and you're good to go.