PDA

View Full Version : Best electrode

Stratous
06-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Has anyone tried using nickel or nickel alloy as an electrode? I am looking to purchase some bulk plate of either nickel or stainless, but wonder which is better. Both seem to be good against corrosion. Any input would be appreciated.

1973dodger
07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Stratous,

I am new to the forum and have been following your success with the HHO in the Cummins diesel, since I have an '05 Dodge Cummins. First to answer your question, I do know that higher grades of SS, such as 316L, have a higher % of Nickle, what i am not sure of is the conductivity level of Nickle as compared to other metals. From a point of veiw of rust, Nickle would be superior to SS. I would also think the magnetism would be less. Secondly, are you still having good success with your HHO in the Dodge? I am getting close to installing a HHO system in my Dodge. Any suggestions would be helpful.

1973dodger

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Geeez I would love to try the nickel plate but its too expensive here. It should definately be the holy grail of HHO I would think!

rmptr
07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Caswellplating.com offers supplies & instructions.

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks Rmptr but I dont think they would supply me in South Africa! LOL

1973dodger
07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
just my two cents worth, or should i say 5 cents worth. i'm not sure what percentage of nickle is in a nickle, but just for kicks, one could attach a couple of nickles as electrodes in a solution to see what kind of production is visible.(at least it would not cost much to try)

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:17 AM
i dont know i personally would stick to stainless. mostly because in plumbing anything generally anything that comes in contact with water is SS.