PDA

View Full Version : Water out exhaust

Atechguy
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
HI! Stooge ??? I have a little bit of water dripping out exhaust when HHO is in and been idling for a couple of minutes which should confirm HHO is working ??Correct ??:D

gizzy
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I have a 2003 Blazer and I get water dripping. What I have read and what it's doing is making condinsation and also cleaning your internal combustion chamber. One nice thing to do is smell the exhaust and you'll notice it does't smell like fumes.. Emissions is almost down to 0... It is amazing in alot of ways. Also I notice you do gain alot more power and I'm not real sure on the fuel consumption. I think I gained 3 mpg.

Cadillac
08-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Most of the cars I have owned do this with no HHO. Of course I do live in an extremely humid region of the US. On hot summer days you will see almost all the cars doing this at stop lights. I personally would not use water coming out of your tail pipe as an indicator as to whether or not your system is functioning. To many other variables to consider.

Phantom240
08-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Most of the cars I have owned do this with no HHO. Of course I do live in an extremely humid region of the US. On hot summer days you will see almost all the cars doing this at stop lights. I personally would not use water coming out of your tail pipe as an indicator as to whether or not your system is functioning. To many other variables to consider.

Maybe early in the mornings in winter. I live in Louisiana, the definition of humid. I NEVER get condensation coming out of my exhaust, and don't ever see anyone doing it at lights.

bigapple
08-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Maybe early in the mornings in winter. I live in Louisiana, the definition of humid. I NEVER get condensation coming out of my exhaust, and don't ever see anyone doing it at lights.

hes rite... im a baton rouge resident and i hardly ever notice condensation on exhaust tips... but it does appear to happen sometimes when its really humid and somewhat cool when ur entire car fogs up... if u notice on most aftermarket exhaust tips, there is a whole purposely drilled at the bottom to let water drip out when it collects... at least thats how its set up on magnaflow tips with the rolled edges... if u look at this closely, u can see the small hole at the bottom... i would say its a pretty normal thing... so maybe ur gen is working and maybe not... although that was very factual information given earlier about it cleaning out ur combustion chamber... its cleaning out ur entire fuel system after the intake manifold (minus fuel tank and fuel lines)

http://www.performancepeddler.com/images/Magnaflow/35116.jpg

Atechguy
08-14-2008, 07:21 AM
I thought when hho is combusted it goes back to O2 ?? THATS WHY I HAVE SEEN MORE WATER OUT MY EXHAUST AND IT DOES SMELL LESS FUMES AND CLEANER TAIL PIPE.:D

timetowinarace
08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Yep, it goes back to H2O.

But, as stated by others, condensation in the exhaust is normal.

Atechguy
08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Yep, it goes back to H2O.

But, as stated by others, condensation in the exhaust is normal.

ThANKS To all , i no normally you get condensation, but after a long run and the exhaust is very hot all condensation has evaporated, but with HHO i still will get a small out put of 02.:)

VanHalen
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
I have noticed that some vehicles in certain weather conditions emit some h20 from the tailpipe. BUT with a couple HHO generators I noticed my 84 Blazer drops a lot of water out of the exhaust. It also smells cleaner. So I guess this is normal and its working.

RMForbes
08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I live in the San Diego area which is very dry. I too have noticed a bit more water coming from my tailpipe with my generator installed. But I believe that the reduction in exhaust gas temps would be a more likely explaination for this than an increase in H2O production. Normally exhaust temps are high enough to keep any water vapor from condensing in the exhaust sytem but hydrogen injection lowers the exhaust temps. This may be the cause of this additional condensation.

jimbo40
08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
All cars have that condensation hho or not.
Some places the only difference between a life time muffler and a 1 years muffler is a tiny hole punched in at the back bottom seam to let that water out. However that being said I too seem to notice a little more water out of the tail pipe and clean, and smells good, ok well not good like 69 GTO good, but good:)