PDA

View Full Version : First thread, Jeep Cherokee 4.0L

Robahr24
08-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Nobody has yet put a thread in here, so I mine as well...Looking to put a HHO in a Jeep Cherokee 4.0L. Anybody here done it already? Please share what your system has and what techniques you used on the 02 sensors and maf sensor.

DaneDHorstead
08-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Nobody has yet put a thread in here, so I mine as well...Looking to put a HHO in a Jeep Cherokee 4.0L. Anybody here done it already? Please share what your system has and what techniques you used on the 02 sensors and maf sensor.
I have two Grand Cherokees running HHO one is a 1999, the other is a 2000.

In both cases, I ran a 12 volt trunk cable, and hoses under the car, and located the generators behind the rear seat. The trunk cable is hooked to a marine battery (has both top and side post), so I adapt the trunk cable to the positive side post, and through a (constant rated) solenoid, so I can switch the unit off, when leaving the car.

Passing current through three independand circuit breakers (30 amp ea.), the cells are wired in parallel, and the negative wire is drilled through the passnger rear wheel well, where it bolts to the frame.

Each generator has 17 plates, and runs a modest 10 amps (30 amps total). Using 1 tsp Potassium Hydroxide, to one gallon of distilled water, I produce 1.9 LM of HHO, at a constant 128 F.

Plates are 304 ss, spaced 1.1 mm apart.

I am having the plate assemblied mass produced, but it will take two months, as it is done overseas, and there are a thousand assemblies to be made.

My MPG is increased by 58%

Does that help?

DaneDHorstead
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I have two Grand Cherokees running HHO one is a 1999, the other is a 2000.

In both cases, I ran a 12 volt trunk cable, and hoses under the car, and located the generators behind the rear seat. The trunk cable is hooked to a marine battery (has both top and side post), so I adapt the trunk cable to the positive side post, and through a (constant rated) solenoid, so I can switch the unit off, when leaving the car.

Passing current through three independand circuit breakers (30 amp ea.), the cells are wired in parallel, and the negative wire is drilled through the passnger rear wheel well, where it bolts to the frame.

Each generator has 17 plates, and runs a modest 10 amps (30 amps total). Using 1 tsp Potassium Hydroxide, to one gallon of distilled water, I produce 1.9 LM of HHO, at a constant 128 F.

Plates are 304 ss, spaced 1.1 mm apart.

I am having the plate assemblied mass produced, but it will take two months, as it is done overseas, and there are a thousand assemblies to be made.

My MPG is increased by 58%

Does that help?
I forgot to mention the MAP enhancer. I used a standard enhancer (duel edge), and it connects to the white wire, with black stripe, going to the MAP sensor.

Note, that your car may have a different color wire used to the MAP, but getting a Haynes Repair Manual (about 15 bucks), it will give you the location of the MAP, and wireing diagrams, shows you the color code (but be carefull to see that diagram matches the cars year, as there are several different diagrams)

Robahr24
08-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Thats awesome, thanks for the info. I'm going to run a 0guage wire to a distrubution block (have 2 amps, 2000watt and 800watt). Than I'll just connect smaller wire off of that to the 2 cells. Wasn't sure If I was going to run the hose through the firewall or not like the wire though. It doesn't really matter which enhancer you does it? I probably was going to try this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAP-Sensor-O2-Sensor-Enhancer-Dual-EFIE-WATER4GAS-HHO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33557QQihZ002QQitem Z120291689183QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm guessing your getting around 30mpg on the highway than?

Last, where did you run the hose into, which vacuum line?

I really appreciate the help. Its a lot better to talk to somebody with about the same vehicle and engine too see what they did and too see what kind of gains they get.

DaneDHorstead
08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Formerly I was getting "average MPG" of 16.1, and I currently get 25.4.

I certainly can increase it, by adding additional catalyst, but the heat rises to fast, for me to be comfortable with it.

The MAP you suggest, seems very pricy!

I paid $38.00 plus shipping, and spoke with my e-bay seller about buying bulk. They quoted me $19.00 each, in 100 unit bulk.

I ran the tubes into the intake, at two places using a Y configuration in the hose, and two check one way check valves. One tube enters into the air breather just on the throttle side (top) of the filter. that tube enters, turns and goes about 1 ft down the air pipe, towards the throttle assembly. The second tube, enters about 2" above the throttle.

As the engine idles, it draws from the line which is 2" away from the system, but as the RPMs increase, the vacume causes that line to close, and the line further away opens.

porkchop
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
97 Jeep G. Cherokee, 6 cyl. 210,000 miles on odometer.
I used a EFIE, from fuel saver. A single deluxe model. I seen no improvement until I installed this unit. I feel a EFIE is a must, the O2 sensor just adjusts to the increase in oxygen, nullifieing any gain you should get from your generator. This is my opinion, I am not a professional mechanic.
Hwy before 20-21 mpg, after 29-30 mpg
city before 16-17 mpg, after 19 mpg
The setting I have on my EFIE is .04/ the instructions say .2 is a good starting point, but this (so far) is where it seems to be doing best.
This setting is the amount of voltage added to the signal from the O2 sensor going to the PCM (Jeep's computer), and is mounted inside the vehicle.
Injection point moved today from air intake to manifold.
I will let you know if there is a difference.

I have tried O2 sensor extenders, no difference seen, I think it is a waste of time, but every vehicle is different.
I don't know what my LPM is on the generator, I am working on getting a flowmeter. I'm not floating bottles to find out.
I am using about 1/2 teaspoon of sodium hydroxide (lye) per liter of distilled water. When I used 1 bubbler, the generator was sucking bubbler water back into the generator, and spitting it out when running. So far, 2 bubblers seems to be controlling this, so far, being key words. I am running 20 amps and have a 30 amp resettable breaker installed. (relay switch and ampmeter inside passenger compartment also)
Now, I would like to have a bigger generator, but I feel that putting it inside the Jeep could be dangerous. I'm not condeming anyone, to each his own, I just carry my kids inside also, and wouldn't want anything to happen to them. However, it would be very nice to not have a "space" issue with the generator, and also not have the engine compartment help heat the unit up.
I plan on installing a circulator that will operate on convection, like old boiler systems used to operate. I plan on mounting this UNDER the radiator, so flowing air can enhance cooling. I am also hoping this will help from topping it off as often as I do.
Maybe, with this thread, we can all help each other to improve our gas mileage, and have more money in our pockets to have for our families. The oil companies have enough.

volomike
08-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Formerly I was getting "average MPG" of 16.1, and I currently get 25.4.

I certainly can increase it, by adding additional catalyst, but the heat rises to fast, for me to be comfortable with it.

The MAP you suggest, seems very pricy!

I paid $38.00 plus shipping, and spoke with my e-bay seller about buying bulk. They quoted me $19.00 each, in 100 unit bulk.

I ran the tubes into the intake, at two places using a Y configuration in the hose, and two check one way check valves. One tube enters into the air breather just on the throttle side (top) of the filter. that tube enters, turns and goes about 1 ft down the air pipe, towards the throttle assembly. The second tube, enters about 2" above the throttle.

As the engine idles, it draws from the line which is 2" away from the system, but as the RPMs increase, the vacume causes that line to close, and the line further away opens.

You didn't mention a PWM. Are you using that? Don't you think that would lower your amperage, all that excess heat, and yet still produce the HHO liters you need?

Also, you use a couple tubes. What purpose does this serve -- I'm a newbie, so please share. I'm running right out of my elbow-shaped Powertube-like electrolyzer into a glass jar bubbler, and then out into the box of the fuel intake. Currently I'm running power direct to the battery with a cutoff switch inside the SUV -- but that caught fire today and so I'm going to finally break down here and get a PWM on this thing, a relay, and rewire it completely again so that I don't cause another fire and can reduce a lot of the heat.

And if you have specific advice that says, yep, for certain, on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr Laredo (non 4wd), I need some sensor tweaks -- please share with me the facts and any web links you have so that I know what to do. Currently before the wiring fire today I was getting 24mpg city, where without HHO I was getting 16mpg city.

mikeeps2
08-20-2008, 12:59 AM
hello , i have a jeep grand cherokee laredo 2003 , but i dont know what is the better place for where put the entrance of HHO gas ,i put the pic here , for anyone know for help me , thanks

porkchop
08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
It's hard to tell from the picture, too me. I would put it on your air intake.
I switched back to the air intake on mine, it seems to be doing better there. I know I am getting better MPG there, I don't know why, but the figures don't lie.

mikeeps2
08-21-2008, 06:59 PM
hi , my friend , i can send you the pic more large , for you say me where is the place correct my e-mail is satt_tv@hotmail.com , send you email , and , you have a pic of you car , send me for see where you put ,and I take an idea of where he is that your put the entrance of gas thanks mikee

95CHERJUST
09-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Any good parameters to start with tunning on my 95 cherokee 4.0 obd1?

just got a dual map and 02 efie with volt meter ports, what are good parameters thanks!!!

MtnGoatXJ
08-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Thats great

I've been experimenting with HHO on my 92 4.o without any success.

Sounds like your system really works well.

Any pics?