PDA

View Full Version : Still blowing 30 amp fusings ?

Atechguy
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Okay this is getting to be PITA, I am trying to find out what my plate config. is , because i bought it from a reputable HHO guy. it has 50 small plates , of SS, with nickel percentage, i don't know if their are neutral plates i have emailed him to find out. I have diluted mixture pretty well all distilled mixture will dilute more to be sure. I may have a bit over kill in that i used 8 awg. wire:p, i don't know the exact temp. it is getting but it is hotter then coffee.It starts off find for an about 1 hr or more than i guess it just keeps getting warmer and drawing more current, i tried the ballast resister and didn't feel safe because it was getting so hot .Iam waiting to find out from guy if neutrals are in the config. Will let you know. :rolleyes:

Checkmate240ZT
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Need to put an amp gauge on it and adjust you electrolyte until you get the correct amp readings you want or your system can handle. More amps = more heat and more heat = more amps.
Start with straight distilled water and add a little baking soda or whatever you have for electrolyte (I have use both baking soda and potassium hydroxide and the potassium wins) watch the amp gauge to get it to where you want to be.
If it heats up to much then reduce the electrolyte amount by diluting it with straight distilled water.
I have read anything over 130° temp and you get no more output so try to keep that as a max. A meat thermo. works great.
From cold to hot the couple of cells I have built are different on how fast and how hot they get with the same amps so the cell you have may not be able to handle the amps you are putting thru it.

Atechguy
08-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I think my solution, Pure citric acid:eek: was to strong, i have an amp meter connected to monitor, also will try NAOH ,thats all i can get, right now, thanks .

Gregoryn
08-16-2008, 01:18 PM
We have the same cell! Unfortunately there are not natural plates. I have the same problem with my fuses. I think that we have to try a really weak electrolyte mix. The cooling device helps a lot but i think its cuting the production a little.

Atechguy
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
We have the same cell! Unfortunately there are not natural plates. I have the same problem with my fuses. I think that we have to try a really weak electrolyte mix. The cooling device helps a lot but i think its cuting the production a little.

I thought i had the NOah mixture right but i didn't leave it in long enough totally mix and it wasn't strong enough so i added more now i have to dilute it , i will have to make or buy a Pwm or add another hho cell in parallel.:rolleyes: