PDA

View Full Version : Sale weekend

c02cutter
08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
The material came, so I'm going to run a sale price for the weekend of $2.70 + actual shipping per plate for 22g 316L wall plates configured as seen in the drawing photo below. This can be handled 2 ways for payment purposes.

1)Tell me what you want, and I create an ebay listing and give you the listing number. But this way you also loose have a chance of loosing it to someone browsing and hitting the buy it now button.

2)Or just tell me what you want, and I will respond with the full amount with the paypal address to pay.

3)Okay, I'll throw out option three, advise me of quantity, I'll reply with the address to accept only cashier checks or money orders.

If you want more than 16 plates, send me a message, and I will grant a discount. I have tomorrow to run what is needed and some for stock. I will be going back to the $3.10 per plate at midnight on Sunday evening 08/17/08. I just checked to verify my computer matches board time and it does. To let you know I am on GMT -4 for my time.

If you want a custom cut I will also discount, but cut off time for that will be noon tomorrow as it has to be programmed and cut.

I had to move a lot of jobs around in the shop to do this as the machine I normally would cut these on went down. Thank my phone system guy as he had me there till 7pm... LOL

http://c02cutter.com/web/sale4.jpg

http://c02cutter.com/web/sale3.jpg

http://c02cutter.com/web/sale1.jpg

http://c02cutter.com/web/sale2.jpg

c02cutter
08-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Just a listing I through up on ebay reflecting the pricing involved. Item# 200247053194 also a direct link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200247053194

HYDROTEKPRO
08-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Those are REALLY nice plates, 316L, nice!

But there's one problem. Your price is too low. $5 each, for that quality, in 316L, is still an excellent deal.

That machining quality is superb.

smartHHO
08-16-2008, 01:21 PM
What size screw fits the hole bud? a number 10 or 8? That way I can pick up the right hardware to build it when I get it.
Just bought a set from you.
Thanks.

smartHHO

HYDROTEKPRO
08-16-2008, 01:59 PM
What size screw fits the hole bud? a number 10 or 8? That way I can pick up the right hardware to build it when I get it.
Just bought a set from you.
Thanks.

smartHHO

0.3125 = 5/16"

c02cutter
08-16-2008, 03:18 PM
The holes are sized to accommodate 5/16” nylon or plastic all thread. You'll need a minimum of 2 to assemble the cell. Also pick up a package of nylon or plastic washers you'll need 24 to to 48 of them minimum depending on the spacing you desire in the cell. Also be aware of the approximated thickness of these washers. You will need 5/16 SS (preferably 316 SS nuts) nuts to assemble also. Minimum of 2 if you use nylon nuts on the outer plates, 6 if you use all stainless nuts. I have this based pretty much on the cell configuration that is shown in these videos...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iygo7m4SKgc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iygo7m4SKgc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6WsnNai_6Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6WsnNai_6Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The spacing in the plates is approximately .06 through out the cell.

That being, I brain stormed at work and came up with a strap kit to go with the cell. I'll include it in all the plate packages going out. The idea for it came from one of the guys who purchased it, and asked about hardware. I realized that if people assemble this in a similar smack configuration that they don't have 316L SS to tie in the positive plates, or have power drops into the cell from your terminals.

So here is a pic of the kit I came up with. 2 of the straps are to be used as the power drops to the cell. Eliminating people using foreign materials in the caustic solution of the cell. The third strap is used for tying in the positives from one side of the cell to the other. The cell configuration as such ( + N N N N N --N N N N N +) The washers are two fold. In the center of the cell you have your negative power being applied to the center 2 plates. So a washer should be used on the other nylon all thread that the negative power drop is not attached to so that the cell stays parallel when assembled. The other washers are for your terminals going through your container. I have provided washers that are concentric to the power drops but will accommodate #10, 1/4”, or 5/16” terminals.

The strap kit will include 3 straps, 4 – 5/16” washers, 2 – 1/4” washers, and 2 - #10 washers all cut from the same material as the plates. See the photos and sketches for detailed info.

Another point is there are tiny notches on the sides of the straps to assist in making accurate bends. A set parallel to the center, and another set on each side 3/4” off center. Just an added touch that I thought would help.

http://c02cutter.com/web/sale5.jpg

http://c02cutter.com/web/cellstrap.jpg

Notice that there are little tits on the washers, I have to leave a small in cut space there and break the part out by hand. If I let the tiny part fall the laser will gouge it really bad because the beam is still on when the part falls.

I am going to go to Home Depot later this afternoon so that I can just walk through and buy the pieces necessary to assemble the cell. Then come home and do a video on the assembly along with a pdf file. Then do a video of the cell running.

I will post Item sku# of what I purchase with the price I paid. Normally I would just order from McMaster Carr what I need, but want to try and make this all as painless as possible. But the pdf will include McMaster's part #'s and what I would purchase from smallparts.com if I was buying from there.

Thanks all for the interest!

Eric

Westcoastrocks
08-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all of the effort. This will help in making a cell that is efficient. Quick question: It seems the when you wrapped the cell in tape that it draws way les power but produces the same amount of gas which I love. But how do you get the tap to stick on the cell after its been running inside a liquid under higher temps?

HYDROTEKPRO
08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all of the effort. This will help in making a cell that is efficient. Quick question: It seems the when you wrapped the cell in tape that it draws way les power but produces the same amount of gas which I love. But how do you get the tap to stick on the cell after its been running inside a liquid under higher temps?

There are other ways to do this. Some use a section of motorcycle inner-tube, others use Saran-Wrap with rubber bands or zip-ties.

We're going to have to make a name for this kind of cell. How about the Mummy Cell??:D

Yep, that's it. Mummy Cell.

c02cutter
08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
I love the mummy cell thing! Really I do, but it is based off the smack cell concept and do not want to take away from the conceptual designers. I will say that in how I assemble the cell personally it is not really true to form of a smack design that is laid out in the pdf. So if you all think the mummy cell is it, I will go with it. I'm a Halloween buff to boot, and do whole house and yard displays because I love the reaction of the people to what I do.

I like Mummy cell, and will promote it as such but with the smack similar disclaimer in the layout of the cell.

Just gives me another aspect of what I am going to do at Home Depot. Want to make the building and replication buy you guys as close to what I do.

Another thing I just discussed with Shari, my partner is she has no clue. So I will write up with photos how I do it, then have her do it. Then have her assemble the cell, questions that arise in the assembly, will be addressed in the pdf. Just want a no clue perspective on how to do it, and address those questions.

Gonna make it idiot proof as far as possible, and will address questions as much as I can in the assembly. As for questions beyond that, I will set-up a page for such. If the owners here want to have it here, I will do it here, but do not want to hog bandwidth from them also.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-16-2008, 06:32 PM
So we got the Smack Cell.

We got the Smack Mummy Cell.

We got the Aaron Cell.

We got the Aaron Mummy Cell.

I'm sure there are more mummies out there wandering around.

:D

c02cutter
08-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Lmafo, I think it is a blast. Though the trip to Home Depot was way less than fruitful, they only had in stock less than half of what it takes to build the cell. So I bought all they had and will work on the assembly video with that. It will just be half assed... lol

smartHHO
08-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I have found Lowes to have a better selection of plastic and SS bolts then Home Depot. They are more towards the home owner and user friendly, as where HD is more contractor based and sometimes don't have much.

Can't wait to get it built and installed. See what kind of production it does.

:p

Q-Hack!
08-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I have also found a decent supply of SS hardware at Tractor Supply.

c02cutter
08-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm going to go out today again and go the direction to Lowes. Still really want to be able to give people the sku's of the stuff to get. If the trip is a succes I'll get the instructions up by tonight or tomorrow morning.

DaneDHorstead
08-17-2008, 12:14 PM
The comment about price being too low, goes against the concept of what this man is trying to do!

While cutter and myself have had some differences, he is trying to make these available to everyone at a price that is affordable, and helpful to all.

Greed, especially by oil producing nations, our own oil companies, and by investors in oil futures, is how we got in this mess.

This man is offering his contacts/supplies, his service, and his know how, at an extremely modest price, and he does it for a reason......

Because we need it, if we are to survive.

Greed is not calculated into his pricing structure.

DaneDHorstead
08-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Electrical tape is vinyl. Vinyl shrinks when heat is applied, where most other substances expand.

That is the whole concept behing shrink tubing.

Once the vinyl tape is wrapped around the plates, and the plates heat due to the production process, the vinyl shrinks, which only makes it more difficult to ever remove if need be.

Further, the heat causes a chimney effect, drawing the water in from the bottom, as it produces.

DaneDHorstead
08-17-2008, 12:52 PM
One more thing! Co2Cutter's video and write up, mentioned water contamination (assuming he ment adhesive from electrical tape).

Electrical tape is designed to keep water out, but for a better application, try wrapping the cells with the sticky side out, and then once the entire gizmo is wrapped, twist the tape 90 degrees, and again wrap it, so sticky, is next to sticky (and all all surfaces effectively touched by the water, are against the side without the glue)

There is always a better way to do it. Find it!
Thomas Alva Edison

c02cutter
08-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Just to clarify, I did not use conventional electrical tape for the wrapping. What I used was from one of my distributors given to us as samples. It is actually a rubber tape that has no adhesive. It bounds by being stretched and even then I under looped the end to make sure it stays. I'm not going to recommend it as a alternative to wrapping in the pdf. I also used this same cell wrapped with packaging stretch wrap, and even tried saran wrap with the same results. There are multiple ways to do this, and it is still in the experimental stage.

BIGGUN
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
When you wrap the smack gen you are kind of making it into a teracell........but the tera is sealed from all 4 sides with a passage being drilled into it for gas and electrolyte exchange.

It's neat to watch ideas come together.

Kevin

Bossman
08-17-2008, 05:37 PM
PM sent for purchase

c02cutter
08-18-2008, 08:32 AM
So you all know, I'm going to extend the price on these plates through this week. Aslo the assembly video will be ready tonight along with the pdf file. Spent too much time going to local Lowes and Home Depots trying to get all the pieces. I think I got a bunch of HHO people in the area, mostly cleaned out of what I needed. LOL

Bossman
08-18-2008, 09:23 AM
I have found the same thing, I have told so many people about this HHO they have been going out & buying supplies.Lowes by far has the best selection & the local True Value hardware store.I even got the owner of the local hardware store interested. I just tell them to get a beer ( or beverage of choice ) & Google HHO & sit back & read & watch the video's.

c02cutter
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Here is a basic without all the pictures assembly pdf. I'm open it up to be bashed and smashed as I think the input will be great. Then if I was just too darn stupid to do it right.

As I said, pics will be added tonight as I do the video, pictures will be taken also. I will also have not included any thing on wrapping as of yet.

Here is the link

http://c02cutter.com/mummy_cell_v1.0.pdf

HYDROTEKPRO
08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
LMFAO!:D

Excellent presentation! Thanks for the acknowledgement.

smartHHO
08-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Love that PDF. Looks cool the way it looks like a scroll. I am guessing you have the FULL version of Adobe. You still working on the pictures I take it. Also, you said you used a certain type of stretchable rubber to rap it. Can you post what brand or even where you get it from.

Thanks bud. Excellent video btw. Watched it last night and even seen that one of your family members wanted to be caught on film as well. I am guessing your better half? hehe. Thanks again, can't wait to get my stuff, even though my damn threaded rod is on back order thru grainger. OMG. But it is cheap. 2ft for 1.49. Can't beat that since it goes for 4.50 for 4 inches on ebay.

Omega
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
GREAT LOOKING STUFF, cO2cutter!

Butch
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice PDF, cO2cutter :)

c02cutter
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Sale continues on ebay, new listing.

Item # 200247773509

direct link... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200247773509&rd=1)

computerclinic
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Good lookin' plates Eric...One suggestion to your videos though-I would drop the air stone because the cell looks like its producing very well in the generator, but looking at the bubbler, it would seem that its not as much...

Also, are you using lock-lock containers?

c02cutter
08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes I did use a lock-n- lock container in the videos. I know from playing around they are not in any way truly sealed. But they will give a representation of what is happening for the current involved. The bubbler stone was just a thought because every one was pushing bubbles through a bubbler. The air stone provides a lot more restriction than just a hose in water or soapy solution. I know with the lock-n-lock that I have a inferior container for representation. I do feel that I represented production at lower amps than normal, that passed the test. Now as container restrictions for an automotive app, I think I addressed it in a post tonight over containers. Reason being for another post of disappearing liquid in a cell. I am convinced that to get what we are working towards, we need a container that can hold both pressure and vacuum. But would like to see this container as something that can be purchased from a ready distributor.

JojoJaro
08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey Cutter, why not offer a complete build kit, that includes everthing I need: washer, bolts, nuts, spacers, plates, etc.

That way I can buy your kit and simply provide a Water filter housing for it and I'm ready to go.

I am eager to build one but I am finding the hassle of sourcing many different small parts to inconvenient.

What size container will it fit into? 4" diameter and what height to the top where I can connect the straps to some kind of connection?

c02cutter
08-22-2008, 07:09 AM
I am working on a deal with a hardware distributor currently. My neighbor the mail man was out with me last weekend while I was looking for pieces parts to build out of local stores. He suddenly has a brain storm and calls a coworker who's husband is a distributor of hardware. Working out details now on it. I'll be setting up a store page for complete kits, and also pieces parts.

Still at least 2 weeks away from this happening though.

c02cutter
08-22-2008, 07:01 PM
This is going to be the last weekend of the pricing this has been at. The fees are killing me here. After this weekend the price for the plates and strap kit will be $43.40.

In this pricing I am not really charging for the strap kit. So contact me through here, or purchase through these 2 ebay list links

LINK #1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200247773509&rd=1)

LINK #2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200248739460&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010)

I should also have my hardware quotes back monday, so hardware will be available for the cells soon.

Westcoastrocks
08-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I bought a set from Cocutter. Just to let everyone know I am very very pleased with the quality. Perfect cuts.

smartHHO
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Here is my cell minus the wrap. Have not went out and got any yet. Don't want to use cellaphane. (Yes, my spelling sucks.)

I just got the Nylon rod in today, so you will notice, it sticks out some. My Tub I am using is 3 inch Diameter, so figure it get it more stability from bouncing.

c02cutter
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Awesome job!!! The only Thing I would have done different was the (-) in between the nuts. I would have done like the video and just used one SS nut. There is nothing wrong with what you did in any way. Great job, and thank you for posting a pic of the cell after you finished it!!!

As a note here, the hardware kits that I have coming in for this cell will allow for this exact configuration of the cell. So I had thought about this to begin with.

smartHHO
08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Awesome job!!! The only Thing I would have done different was the (-) in between the nuts. I would have done like the video and just used one SS nut. There is nothing wrong with what you did in any way. Great job, and thank you for posting a pic of the cell after you finished it!!!

As a note here, the hardware kits that I have coming in for this cell will allow for this exact configuration of the cell. So I had thought about this to begin with.

Wanted to have a tight fit, also to be able to get in and be able to tighten it up. Also, the washers you cut out, the holes thru the center of 4 of them were like number 6 size, so I had to modify. No worries though. I check the continuity with my DMM and the + are touching, the - are touching and the N's are all isolated. So should run real good. As for the 2 nuts, was trying to make the unit more square for when I put it in the tube. Mainly for testing and also so that I can see the production from each part of the cell. Thanks again.

c02cutter
08-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Oops, I guess Shari goofed on packing that... It's so hard to get good help these days...I just ducked...Lmao

HHO King
10-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Those are really nice plates!