PDA

View Full Version : Inject HHO

jonrober
08-16-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm new here and have been reading up quite a bit about HHO. I am wondering if anyone has ever tested injecting HHO into gas prior to the gas being injected into the engine fuel injectors? Any thoughts?

Also, was wondering about mixing with natural gas or propane? My thoughts are from the HHO burning very hot and that being hard to implement it into many things.

Thanks!

JonDoh
08-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Yea.... I did that..... and it wasn't good.... or it was good for a lil' while.

The hho gas is more combustable ignites faster and my spark plugs were white after bout a week. I had to change out the plugs. Also threw off timing!

NOT good idea

timetowinarace
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
It doesn't make much sence to try that.

HHO is in gas form, gasoline is a liquid. All you can do is put bubbles in the liquid. This will lean out the fuel mixture because the gas bubbles will hamper the injection of liquid fuel causing a lean condition. That why the plugs were white, indicating a lean condition. Not because of the flame speed of hydrogen.

timetowinarace
08-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Yea.... I did that..... and it wasn't good.... or it was good for a lil' while.

The hho gas is more combustable ignites faster and my spark plugs were white after bout a week. I had to change out the plugs. Also threw off timing!

NOT good idea

Second thought's on this:

There may be a usefull factoid in this. If the fuel system of a older ecu vehicle can be leaned out safely in this manner it could be usefull to those that are fighting rich conditions.

Westcoastrocks
08-16-2008, 03:29 PM
So quick question. People seem to be a little worried when they use a EFIE to adjust their car to run lean on gas. Obviously they don't want to hurt their engine. When i read posts on that subject it seems kinda up in the air because there was no real way to tell if you are doing damage to your engine without breaking it apart to check the pistons ect. So if all you had to do was check your plugs now and then to see if they are not running lean wouldin't that fix the problem?

timetowinarace
08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
So quick question. People seem to be a little worried when they use a EFIE to adjust their car to run lean on gas. Obviously they don't want to hurt their engine. When i read posts on that subject it seems kinda up in the air because there was no real way to tell if you are doing damage to your engine without breaking it apart to check the pistons ect. So if all you had to do was check your plugs now and then to see if they are not running lean wouldin't that fix the problem?

One of the problems with modifying sencors and ecu's to make the engine run lean is what happens if hho production stops. Then the engine actually does run lean. Checking plugs can help determine a lean condition but it only take a short time to overheat valves/pistons in a lean condition. If you are not using an ammeter or something to monitor your electrolyser and have electronicly leaned out the engine fuel you run the risk of electrolyser failure destroying your engine. Period.

The best method I can think of to combat this is installing an EGT gauge.

Westcoastrocks
08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Good reply that answered my question. Another question:

Lets say on a scale form 1-10 10 being your vehicle is running on nothing but gas. Lets say you make enough HHO to run your car on number 5. But you choose to put it at number 6 or 7 just to be safe.

What kind of time are we talking about if the HHO GEN breaks down(you are running it lean on 6 or 7)do we have before it really effects your engine? 10 miles? 50?

Also If it does break down don't they have those efie where to you can adjust on the fly?